Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The CBD megacorporation is a major importer/exporter in the State?

Author Topic: M.Kiyohara, A log Excerpt.  (Read 993 times)

Masaki_Kiyohara

• [GALDC] H.R. Representative
  • Clonejack
  • "I am Here, i hear you, i see you, i am coming."
M.Kiyohara, A log Excerpt.
« on: 01 Nov 2017, 21:16 »

-Hello!, new to Eve RP Scene, wanting help editing any wrong information below! If you have links to lore and what not that would be appreciated aswell. What i have bellow is what i hope to be part of His Bio to give some insight into the mind of Kiyohara...-

"Commence Recording.."
Date: YC 09-24-118
Brapelille < Wyllequet < Sinq Laison
Recording: Audio Only, Masaki Kiyohara
-System ready to record-
"I have heard the calling, a whisper at first, a murmur if you will, watching them flicker as the barge tutted along through the empty void that i called home. I have always been curious by nature, always wondering how things worked, what made them work, and why the worked the way they did, i was never satisfied with what i found i always wanted more. I knew that my frail human body would never allow me sufficient time to learn what i wanted from the universe, i would have to one day stop waking from my slumber. I saw only one option, one option that to my parents was unnatural. The Capsuleer program, to become immortal, to never die, to have unlimited time to learn what i wanted, at least i thought that was how it worked. I worked hard to gain entry into the university of Caille, to become top of my class, to stand out from the chaff, i was proven to have genetic comparability with the jovian capsule and neural implants, i went forward with it, my long years of hard work would finally pay off.

This life that i have chosen is not a life, i have died many times, i have felt the searing heat and the bitter cold of the vacuum of space more time than i am willing to recall. We are told when a capsuleer dies our consciousness is instantly transferred to a new body, our one will die, but we live on. The countless times that i have reopened my eyes have begun to weigh on my mind, i have started to question whether or not it is actually 'Me' who awakens after a death. The amarrens believe that a person has a soul within its body, after death this soul, who we are at our core, leaves behind its carnal prison, we cease to exist on this plain of existence. IF what they believe is true, then my greatest fear is that these implants do nothing more than make a copy of the neural mapping of our brains, constantly updated as we learn and experience new things, and it is this copy that shapes a new brain in a fresh clone that awakens, and not -us-. This thought haunts my waking moments, i am afraid, am i coward for being afraid? TO fear death is natural human instinct, someone once told me, to embrace it reveals strength, to dismiss it reveals foolishness, to run from it, cowardice. I do not know what to think anymore, i must continue forward with this new life and hope that i never have to feel the cold of the vacuum again, never again..."

"Cease Recording"
-Acknowledged, system storing recording audio log 758-

"Maybe know i can go to sleep..."

((If you see anything you dont like please let me know! it helps me in bettering my writing.))
The stars beckons, they offer us virgin systems yet to be sullied by mortal hands, adventures, and new experiences await us. DO not be afraid of us the calling, fly towards it at full speed.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: M.Kiyohara, A log Excerpt.
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2017, 05:36 »

Hello and welcome backstage.
Your writing above is pretty lore consistent, but I have two remarks:
- Technically you should not remember dying and feeling the cold of space vacuum, as your brain is scanned just before death.
- There's been a change recently to the Final Law and Scripture of the Amarr Empire: "As the faithful will know, this Exhortation by the Theology Council contained the judgment that cloned humans should be accepted as embodying souls in communion with the Imperial Rite." I think it is still reasonable that some Amarr would still believe as you wrote in your story, though.
-OOChé

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: M.Kiyohara, A log Excerpt.
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2017, 05:42 »

Also, this seems relevant: System of a Down - Question!
-OOChé