General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Punk plots & machinations

(1/2) > >>

Arnulf Ogunkoya:
I'm writing a Cyberpunk tabletop scenario & was hoping to get some ideas here.

I have a plot outline. PC's are Nomads camped in the Night City suburbs where their pack is on contract. They are sent to Texas, Amarillo to be exact, to collect a pack-mate who is being released from prison.

This person has a sister, who has been exiled from the group they originally travelled with for crimes she most definitely did commit.

The sister has arranged to kidnap her brother on his first stop in the way back to Night City.

The question is, what is her motivation to do this? I have some ideas but I'm not sure they're plausible.

Nissui:
Just a couple feelers:

* Is there a score to settle with the group that the brother and sister originally ran with?
* Is there a reason that the sister would want to keep the brother away from Night City?
* Would the sister turn on her blood to absolve a grievous debt?
* Does the sister know something about the party that they don't know?

Arnulf Ogunkoya:

--- Quote from: Stutzer on 25 Jul 2017, 18:18 ---Just a couple feelers:

* Is there a score to settle with the group that the brother and sister originally ran with?
* Is there a reason that the sister would want to keep the brother away from Night City?
* Would the sister turn on her blood to absolve a grievous debt?
* Does the sister know something about the party that they don't know?
--- End quote ---
Well, the sequence of events I have in mind runs like this.

Party travels to Amarillo, encountering minor problems and collects the brother.

Brother asks to go to a Nomad friendly place to celebrate his release (can't think why the PC's would balk this).

Sister has her minions hit the place when he's isolated from the group, with a mercenary power armour trooper as backup.

She then has an argument with the, dismounted, trooper that ends with the trooper being shot dead.

PC's have to track her down. One possible assist is from the trooper's annoyed fixer.

Adventure ends with an attempt to rescue the brother from her hideout.

Original motivation I had devised was a screwed up attempt to manipulate the brother into joining her, crossed with resentment at him deserting her when he left his birth pack to work in the PC's pack.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Graelyn:
Ever been to Amarillo?

Lived there a number of years, if you have questions about the place.

Also: here's some good background for your session :) 

Nissui:
So... she wants her brother's help for something she can't do alone, or even with a cadre of hirelings/mercs, since she'd rather use them just to get him back. There's something he specifically offers. She wants to cash in on the moral obligation she feels he owes, and was willing to orchestrate the abduction immediately after his release, which suggests it's pretty important to her. Perhaps her original crime left an unresolved matter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version