Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

Author Topic: Corporate forums hosted by CCP?  (Read 3310 times)

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
Corporate forums hosted by CCP?
« on: 25 Nov 2015, 10:27 »

I just saw a link on the EVE forums - "Create Corporate Forums"

How long has this been a thing?  Would be nice for startups to no have to deal with hosting and having access already baked in.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Corporate forums hosted by CCP?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2015, 10:31 »

They have been a thing since CCP switched to the forum software they're using, so... quite a few years old at this point.

I'm actually sorta curious on how much they get used.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2015, 12:14 »

Corp must have at least 10 members to activate one, and considering the ease of making a forum literally anywhere else I doubt they're that popular.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2015, 12:17 »

If they're anywhere near as horribly broken as the official boards, I don't really see why anyone'd use them. I'd set up a forum of my own instead, and I'm php/css illiterate to the point of retardation.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2015, 12:26 »

That's pretty much why I was wondering on the metrics of their actual use.

AFAIK you get like, 2-3 subsections, one for directors, and then 2 for everyone. Not much customization - can't add/remove subsections, etc. etc... and once you set them up you can't get rid of them either.

Better to just set up forums somewhere else, generally.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2015, 14:34 »

Yeah, when I set up a website for the FFXIV Free Company, it was cheap and easy to get a very workable website running. Forums, event calendars, a nice front page, good controls for security etc, comms integration, art galleries, live feeds/chats, and more for a quite reasonable price per month. Can't recall what service I used, but I suspect it was Guildlaunch or another of the usual suspects.

Not sure if they have tools for user verification through Eve login, but it shouldn't be too hard to magic together for someone not quite as coding illiterate as myself. Granted, if you -are- good at it, you can probably set it up entirely without these services too.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2015, 17:16 »

Wow, been awhile then, ha!  Agreed it would be interesting to see metrics on their use, Morwen.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"