Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ((Recruitment thread)) Sapphire Interstellar Banking Solutions[S-IBS]  (Read 4698 times)

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

Greetings community, I hope everyone is doing well

Its been some days since starting S-IBS and i would like to offer a quick OOC overview of what this corporation is all about, since I ll be stepping up into recruiting as I have figured some stuff that I would like this corporation to achieve.

Within the world of EVE, S-IBS will try to provide through the mechanisms of finance and banking products and services which will aim in helping baseliner communities in a positive and sustainable manner going beyond the traditional business role that a bank only has.

To explain this better, I define the actions of S-IBS in a macro and micro interstellar manner.

Micro interstellar wise, S-IBS would offer everything a Bank offers through various branches  related to banking and financial services but always out of every transaction S-IBS would invest lots of capital in an impact-investing manner that would aim in helping cities and their communities grow in a sustainable socioeconomic manner. This is inspired by my character Sepphiros as that is what he has been doing in his pre-capsuleer days and inspired him to take the step of becoming a capsuleer in the first place.

Macro interstellar wise, is where the story of S-IBS is really played however, as is the capsuleer level. Macro wise the main reason behind inequality, poverty, unemployment, lack of education and multiple other negatives that may anchor a society down its weight is among other things criminality and the corruption it can bring. Which means that S-IBS primarily is anti-criminal in its goals. This bonds with the story through being aligned with CONCORD and not following allegiance to one of the big 4, while also the capacity of being capsuleer helps Sepphiros be capable to try and have an impact in a macrostellar manner.

Aiming to be a force of good for the cluster, another big part of S-IBS is collaborations with other lawfull capsuleer organizations which through its trading, industrial and possibly security expertise and manpower will help those organizations to become even better and more efficient in their positive and sustainable impact not only in their respected areas of operation but giving a chance to impact the cluster as a whole. So another part of the story could potentially be the lobbying capacity through S-IBS as well. More specifically, S-IBS aims in finding possible capsuleer corporations to partner up with S-IBS either directly joining the board or simply enganging in treaties(for security purposes I wont leak with whom S-IBS is currently talking for either of these) but know that this search of partners is an active and a dynamic one throughout the life of S-IBS.

----------OOC information----------------------------------------------------

So having established a bit of the backstory and some general comments of what the corporation is looking to position itself in the world of New Eden RP and lore wise, I ll provide a quick list of what I hope the corporation will be capable to achieve and thus what kind of personnel it requires.

1) Trading, capital investments and financial turnaround for clients(corporate finance advise and management for clients and the like).
2) Manufacturing, Hauling and mining operations.
3)Security/mercenary operations
4) Exploration
5) Diplomatic and Lobbying services.

Naturally S-IBS will start its operations from High/Low sec and hopefully we can try and have fun in null sec as well.

Positions of all of the above are currently open as well as director positions are highly sought out. I am heavy in RPing(90-10 ratio of IC to OC) but as I understand that isnt everyone's cup of tea I would ask that people at least be willing to be 55-45 on their approach in their EVE gaming when it comes to S-IBS(outside of S-IBS one may go about it as one pleases of course). I don't have any requirements per timezones, skillpoints should be roughly around 5 million at least ideally.

Another final and interesting(for me anyway) concept I have been thinking of incorporating into the capacity of S-IBS is that since banks usually acquire a lot of companies some times(either by bad debt or invest in promising projects themselves and multiple other reasons) we could have people who already have small corporations being merged with S-IBS as long as they want to make a turn aligned for the common good and what S-IBS would stand for. That way, a holding capacity of S-IBS could be explained while many people's characters could keep on working their original plans and goals on their own way(like owning a company inside another company, with your own storages and so on, no direct access by anyone else and whatever else may be agreed by you and S-IBS), and also enjoying the benefits of being in an active corporation with many partnerships and being a connection point for many capsuleers instead of being on their own. This also will explain how S-IBS will have various roles going beyond financials only. For example our security personnel could create a story that could be a story within a story and so on. Overall, I would like to share the experience of S-IBS with as many of people as possible as a medium that, after discussions, we can create multiple stories, in order to avoid the one lane story of a single corporation.

I would be glad to answer any questions regarding any interest towards S-IBS either through here or direct conversation/mail ingame.   
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2017, 18:48 by Ioannis_Sepphiros »

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.

That is a very interesting and well-thought out model.  You just never know what is going be hot in Eve, besides the "lets kill them all then go dancing wearing their heads as hats model."

So it goes without saying that I wish you the very best of success.
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2017, 14:40 by Syagrius »

Nissui

Hm. It's possible I might have some way to chip in over the coming weeks. The IGS announcement mentions a lobby in Yulai. Is there a public channel for this, or will that be private?

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

Hm. It's possible I might have some way to chip in over the coming weeks. The IGS announcement mentions a lobby in Yulai. Is there a public channel for this, or will that be private?

Yulai VIII S-IBS HQ offices Lobby its the public lobby(name of the channel) for anything and anyone who want to interact with S-IBS. Looking forward to it.

Menkalinan

• Clonejack

Interesting idea.

owning a company inside another company

In EVE mechanical terms, are you talking about an 'Alliance' here, i.e. with S-IBS as the executor corp of an alliance of small semi-independent corps?
Keeping up with the Menkalinans: Auriga - Callisto - Orpheus.

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

Interesting idea.

owning a company inside another company

In EVE mechanical terms, are you talking about an 'Alliance' here, i.e. with S-IBS as the executor corp of an alliance of small semi-independent corps?

Well the first way for this is indeed the Alliance, another way could be by merging/collabing actively and that would have some impact on the structure of S-IBS, due to this being a dynamic approach it all boils down as well as to sitting and discussing with those who wish to contribute.

In general, I try to find a balance between having S-IBS as something that is fueled/fuels my character's storyline but also as something of a merging point for other RPers to expand on their story as well, in a collaborative manner.

Menkalinan

• Clonejack

I may have an idea for a shared project (or a loan application!). I'd like to discuss it further IC and IG but the public channel appears to be down.
Keeping up with the Menkalinans: Auriga - Callisto - Orpheus.

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

I may have an idea for a shared project (or a loan application!). I'd like to discuss it further IC and IG but the public channel appears to be down.

I am glad to hear that, send Sepph an evemail. also the public channel is Yulai VIII S-IBS HQ offices Lobby per anything that S-IBS has to do.

Nissui

Channel was working last night but unfortunately I turned up too late to catch anyone. Will try again soon.

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

Channel was working last night but unfortunately I turned up too late to catch anyone. Will try again soon.

Hello! Although I am active quite a lot, if this happens again please just send an evemail so we can organise when to be both online. Take care!  :)

Also if another corpmate is around just tell him/her to notify me of an appointment and stuff IC wise
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2017, 13:47 by Ioannis_Sepphiros »

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

-------Advertisement Update as of 26/08/2017-----
S-IBS is looking to fill its PVE and exploration division. We are also looking and accepting for RP players as well as non-RP players.S-IBS will try and run most aspects of PVE working ourselves from Lvl 4+ mission running up to Incursions and Wormhole/Drifter runs.

-------What we offer-------------------
  • Dedicated content generation and PVE(corp/public) runs with efficient doctrines.
  • SoE(and not only) Mission Running lvl 4+; Exploration site running.
    • Loot system
    • Dedicated buyback programs
      • Additional revenue streams besides fleet ops.

----What we are looking for--------------

• Willingness to operate in a startup environment( in this growth stage). Be communicative and a teamplayer.

• People who want to have fun and grow better at EVE following a storyline ever evolving and enriching pushing the potential boundaries of the lore from a different angle with innovative ways, all aiming in maximizing the gains of what the EVE world/lore is offering and experiencing a memorable period that goes beyond just gameplay accomplishments.
      • Be respectful of the Corporation's rules and other corp members.

« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2017, 18:48 by Ioannis_Sepphiros »

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack

Update as of 19/12/2017

Greetings everyone!

This is an update from SIBS notifying all those who might be concerned that due to our recent expansions and upward trend we have reached a stage in our short run so far, where the position of the Senior Diplomat for SIBS must be delegated to another person.

This position, a very dear to me as it is a big part of Sepphiros' RP background is one where I must delegate to someone due to reasons of increased investment cycles that; alongside running and expanding the corporation means I can only do so much before my performance get negatively affected. Having said that, this doesnt mean that SIBS is looking yet for a Head Ambassador, which is responsible for all the negotiation and lobbying efforts of SIBS, a current position filled from Sepphiros, but this opening means that should things go smoothly I will have to have Sepphiros delegate the Head Ambassador's position as well in the future no doubt.

To sum up and depending on the number of applications we receive we ideally are looking for 2 people to act as our Senior Diplomats, so they can be guided and molded(along with their witty personality of course) into what SIBS is requiring them to be. The angle of SIBS is a multilayered one which means that these position will be under extreme discipline, primarily as Politics must be handled correctly and also keep satisfied the clientele with the trust they are placing in us.

Thus, if you are into every aspect of Politics in this Interstellar setting of New Eden, enjoy operating in an ambitious active startup environment and you want to be part of a division which is in the prime position of helping us enlarge even more then SIBS might be the place for you. Past experience will be considered a plus but SIBS is always a place where talent can grow so even those who never tried that before but will deemed worthy of a shot will be considered so dont hesitate!

Send me an IC/OOC message(IC message would be much obliged) either ingame, or at the IC twitter account at https://twitter.com/ISepphiros or simply post here your willingness.

The corporation will offer shares and active payroll and potential bonuses to the ones who will be accepted after series of interviews, aiming in making this position one of the best paid positions within the corporation.

Thank you,

Ioannis Sepphiros
-------------------------------------
P.S

This a reminder that SIBS is still actively looking for Exploration centric pilots as well.

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger

Wishing you the absolute best of luck with this! I wish I had a character that was free to do this!
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

[..] aiming in making this position one of the best paid positions within the corporation.
[..]
This a reminder that SIBS is still actively looking for Exploration centric pilots as well.
:eek:
... I don't get paid at all. I guess I'm horrible at negotiating.
...negotiating my own salary, anyway.
But maybe I use this to give that another go. :D
-OOChé

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger

Good growth, I wish there weren't some unfortunate circumstances. Best of luck regardless, we need more institutions ran by players.
Pages: [1] 2