EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Which Jungian Archetype Is Your Character?

(1/3) > >>

Jason Galente:
As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of Jungian psychology. I'm only just starting to get into it with Man And His Symbols, a great read by the way. Anyway, I was glancing at the Twelve Common Archetypes and thought they matched EVE characters pretty well!

http://www.soulcraft.co/essays/the_12_common_archetypes.html

So, which type are you? It's common for elements of multiple archetypes to be found in a well-written character (or a balanced person!) but the focus is on each archetype being oriented around a set of priorities, it's not necessarily a black and white designation, more a matter of priorities.

I'll start:

10. The Sage
Motto: The truth will set you free
Core desire: to find the truth.
Goal: to use intelligence and analysis to understand the world.
Biggest fear: being duped, misled—or ignorance.
Strategy: seeking out information and knowledge; self-reflection and understanding thought processes.
Weakness: can study details forever and never act.
Talent: wisdom, intelligence.

The Sage is also known as: The expert, scholar, detective, advisor, thinker, philosopher, academic, researcher, thinker, planner, professional, mentor, teacher, contemplative.

Since people brought up shadows, Jason's shadow is probably either the Jester or the Orphan, these are both aspects of his character that can expose him to weakness or otherwise cause him trouble, and they're both aspects of his character that he suppresses, projects, or fails to acknowledge in various ways. Jester traits can often cause him to sabotage his own interests and antagonize people needlessly and sometimes even tactlessly. Orphan traits can create some sense of insecurity in certain situations as well as inexperience with functional human relationships, an emotional closedness to most people, and a hatred for his position as a capsuleer and the distance from regular human lifestyles this creates. However, they have some positives too, Jester's being a quick wit and Orphan's being a down to earth nature.

Ché Biko:
It was not easy to pick one, but I think this is Ché's dominant one:

The Lover
Motto: You're the only one
Core desire: intimacy and experience
Goal: being in a relationship with the people, work and surroundings they love
Greatest fear: being alone, a wallflower, unwanted, unloved
Strategy: to become more and more physically and emotionally attractive
Weakness: outward-directed desire to please others at risk of losing own identity
Talent: passion, gratitude, appreciation, and commitment
The Lover is also known as: The partner, friend, intimate, enthusiast, sensualist, spouse, team-builder.

Julianni Avala:
Definitely wasn't an easy one to pick. Goodness.

Priority would be:

4. The Caregiver
Motto: Love your neighbour as yourself
Core desire: to protect and care for others
Goal: to help others
Greatest fear: selfishness and ingratitude
Strategy: doing things for others
Weakness: martyrdom and being exploited
Talent: compassion, generosity
The Caregiver is also known as: The saint, altruist, parent, helper, supporter.

Close match would also be The Lover, or The Innocent

Utari Onzo:
The Ruler, attempting to control everything in his life and have that family of his own...

...And failing miserably along the way.

Jev North:
Couldn't give you a straightforward archetype breakdown, but Jev's currently explicitly meant to be struggling with her Jungian shadow, and it's been a complete ball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version