Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Grown on a terrestrial world in the Harroule system, the Dryweed plant has fragile, yellowish leaves that burn very slowly, giving off a pleasant vapor that is known to have a soothing effect when inhaled.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: State of Minmatar RP  (Read 8735 times)

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
Re: State of Minmatar RP
« Reply #60 on: 16 May 2017, 16:19 »

I will have to hunt down the article regarding new immigration to the republic increasing, it could be this surge is from non-freed slaves and then it would stand to reason they didn't get the support of the social system.  The actual emancipated are cared for but it seems everyone else fell by the wayside at least in some instances. In the case of the adonis medical articles, they are immigrants from the federation, which saw more Matari leave it for the republic after the one day war and has presumably had a net migration to the republic since.

other volunteers working in the Republic since early YC110, when 'transit camps' were set up by the government on major Minmatar planets to temporarily accommodate increasing numbers of Minmatar arriving from the Gallente Federation.

Keep in mind also that at this point the republic effectively had no government.  Just the remains of what karin left and the sanmatar.

the articles you linked seem to all point not to the emancipated,  it was prior to the majority of emancipated being transported by the SoE,  i.e. they are normal immigrants in this case from the great wildlands or the federation.  I guess this is the immigration waves post-shakor.  It is a shame we never got demographics PRIOR so we could truly see how many thukker migrated.

According to the spokesman the official statuses of the Thukker, Starkmanir and Nefantar tribes have been the main stumbling blocks on the path to that goal, presenting a number of issues which Shakor had been hoping to resolve before making an announcement. Increasing political pressure and domestic strain stemming from the rising population are understood to have forced Sanmatar Shakor's hand, leading to today's parliamentary address.

All these groups are post-one day war and pre-emancipation act.  I am guessing the infrastructure just was not in place and the remains of the first republic just were not up to the task. 

Most of the Nefantar and Thukker, overwhelmingly most, were not slaves.  The Starkmanir being included again is odd to me but I suppose it just points to the "protected status" being more of an ambition, at least until the Tribal Order got on its feet.

Also the religious persecution in the Republic I think is too downplayed by a lot of people, ..including myself.  They do accept it but there have been more than one instance of violent crime and discrimination against those who keep their faith.

There is another article too somewhere about how Tribal culture and tradition is failing to launch in a way because of how much of it was destroyed, apathy among Matari, and the influence of the imperial rite and its hybrids.

Sorry, I wrote this over the entire day of and on so it is really scatterbrained.  many sorries.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #61 on: 16 May 2017, 16:57 »

I think one thing that really stuck with me when I was playing my Minmatar character more than Karmilla was going to the event actor event where the 7 tribal representatives all got together. The Nefantar and Starkmanir representatives were clearly part of the Amarrian Religion. Local was going crazy, lots of people were upset, but every one of the other tribal representatives (and I think maybe Shakor, it's been a while and I need to find logs in 9 years of local chat logs) stood with the Nefantar and Starkmanir reps. So at least at the official government level there is freedom of religion and those tribes (and others) can be Amarr worshipers, but that certainly doesn't mean there is conflict at the community level (re: Abel Jarek)

I'm not so sure there is universal religious persecution in the Republic. Even the articles about Abel Jarek mention that opposition is often strongest from other recently freed slaves. I know Tabor always thought Jarek was killed because he was a bad neighbor who didn't respect the local elders, his faith was an afterthought.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2017, 17:01 by Karmilla Strife »

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #62 on: 16 May 2017, 17:42 »

Yes, at the top level there is freedom of religion.  Freedom of religion is normal in the republic but prejudice is there so that freedom is not exactly 100%

Also @samira, I found these articles today about immigrants going from the republic to the federation during the bad times of the first republic.  They follow a similar trend to the ones you posted about immigration problems in the Republic much later, after the day of darkness.
https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/matari-gallente-exodus-may-be-underway-new-study-says/
https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/federation-seeks-solutions-to-immigrant-influx/

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #63 on: 17 May 2017, 06:41 »

Seems like there have been some good Minmatar related threads popping up lately. I am quite happy about that :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]