Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Author Topic: [Character Development] Ioannis Sepphiros  (Read 1861 times)

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
[Character Development] Ioannis Sepphiros
« on: 09 May 2017, 10:44 »

Hello, I will begin this character development with the publicly available data over Sepphiros, and from there I will keep on expanding. I have a question regarding new stories/events that are/will happen to my character. Should I have them all here? What to use in the IGS? In essence I believe IGS is only IC related contet, that and Inspiracy right? Are these two the only ones for IC publications though?
From what i understand this is more of an OOC medium correct?

Anyway, here goes, this first set of information are public knowledge.

Sepphiros Family: Industrialists/Traders
Ideology: Agnosticist Philosophist, Humanist, Mixed Government supporter.
Voter Bloc:Unknown but usually votes on Radical Centrist rationale
Clone Status: Omega
Homeworld: Rens
City:Ithaki(FedControl)
Ethnic traits: Udorian
         Minmatar(Nefantar/Starkmanir mixture)
         Gallente(mixture of Intaki and Caldari)
Citizenship(Fourth Generation):Gallente Federation(Full)
                          Minmatar Republic(Full)
Clan: Myridianok Starkmanok
Tribe: Starkmanir
University of Caille: BA concentration on Interstellar Trade and Heavy Industries(Bachelor Degree)
Interstellar Investment Banking & Development Economics (Master Degree)
Interstellar Social Innovation concentration on Social Mobility and Ethical Investing(Master Degree)
Hedion University: Interstellar Trade Law and Political Economy(Master Degree)
Political Philosophy and Diplomacy(Master Degree)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2017, 10:56 by Ioannis_Sepphiros »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: [Character Development] Ioannis Sepphiros
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2017, 12:24 »

I have a question regarding new stories/events that are/will happen to my character. Should I have them all here? [..] What to use in the IGS? In essence I believe IGS is only IC related contet, that and Inspiracy right? Are these two the only ones for IC publications though?
[..]
Ethnic traits:
[..]
You are asking if you should post stories/events in this thread? That's completely up to you.
The IGS is not IC related, it is completely IC, as I expained in your Welcome Thread. And yes, there's also a completely IC section on this forum. I think those 2 are the only ones I know about if you don't count stuff like blogs on third party websites.
If by "this medium" you mean backstage in general, then yes, it is mostly OOC, although some parts/threads are not, like the CONCORD Capsuleer Datadump thread.
Concerning your char's ethnic traits: while being Nefantar/Starkmanir does make you ethnically Minmatar, being Intaki/Caldari does not make you ethnically Gallente.
-OOChé

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2017, 13:22 »

Interesting to see someone really embrace the ethnic melting pot idea of the Federation so fully!

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2017, 16:12 »

I have a question regarding new stories/events that are/will happen to my character. Should I have them all here? [..] What to use in the IGS? In essence I believe IGS is only IC related contet, that and Inspiracy right? Are these two the only ones for IC publications though?
[..]
Ethnic traits:
[..]
You are asking if you should post stories/events in this thread? That's completely up to you.
The IGS is not IC related, it is completely IC, as I expained in your Welcome Thread. And yes, there's also a completely IC section on this forum. I think those 2 are the only ones I know about if you don't count stuff like blogs on third party websites.
If by "this medium" you mean backstage in general, then yes, it is mostly OOC, although some parts/threads are not, like the CONCORD Capsuleer Datadump thread.
Concerning your char's ethnic traits: while being Nefantar/Starkmanir does make you ethnically Minmatar, being Intaki/Caldari does not make you ethnically Gallente.

Hey Che! Thanks for pointing this out, you are correct.

Just to clarify on 2 points.

1) I didnt write that he is Gallente/Intaki with some Caldari mix
2) I simply want to demonstrate the lineage lets say, his multicultural background and how that has been embeded into the character so you are right and I guess I should change the ethnicity part with...what is the correct term if you know?

Basically his father was Gallente /Udorian, his mother Starkmanir/Nefantar

However, his father's father was Gallente/Udorian U-nat, while his father's mother was Intaki/Caldari. His mother's father was Starkmanir and his mother's mother was Nefantar.

I simply want to demonstrate the multiculturalism behind that. Sepphiros directly cant considered Intaki nor Caldari, he has some kin but directly as blood related I wouldnt say so correct? Thus I guess the term ethnicity is not correct for this demonstration right?

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2017, 16:41 »

Can you explain the Gallente/Udorian UNat bit?

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2017, 16:54 »

Can you explain the Gallente/Udorian UNat bit?

Ok...but all these are not public knowledge IC I am about to reveal. And also pleasure to meet you even OOC

Grandpa was Gallente U-Nat, sort of became like it after some years of marriage with a Udorian, he wasnt always one. 'Misguided' fellow like most U-Nats who found comfort in ultranationalist ideas due to economic downturns(they were after all situated all in the Republic, with economic istability being frequent). However, he passed some U-Nat touches down at the father of Sepphiros, which ultimately led to the divorse of his father and mother. Father side of Sepphiros have been always rich, but they were slowly and surely losing wealth each year.

Mother of Sepphiros was poor, and things after the marriage didnt really help as well. Making Sepphiros bare tremendous anger and resentment towards his father and their U-Nat sentiments.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 00:40 by Ioannis_Sepphiros »

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2017, 20:49 »

I like it!

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2017, 00:57 »

I like it!

Thanks! I havent really explained these things with enough detail as I need at some point to write some of the stuff, but I just gave a small fast intro relating to the U-nat bit. I think this particular concept is pretty straightforward and some may even find it shallow.

However, I am planning on adding some details as to the effects that ultranationalism has through little stories that marked Sepphiros. Another great setting and source of information I ll use is the homeworld city-region that Sepphiros was coming from. Very diverse culture wise, which also was very prone and susceptible to nationalist ideas and movements erupting here and there. Even the ones who would look up to the federate/republic model could end up easily being nationalistic about it and act maybe more nationalistic than the proclaimed ones who aspired to U-natism and tribalism.

Overall, I just want to stretch as much as possible the settings and demonstrate how hard work is being required for the models of the Federation and the Republic, and how difficult is to overcome factionalism some of the times. In my opinion, factionalism should be demonstrated much more wildly in the world of New Eden as its being evident lore wise and most of the times demonstrates that the enemy could be your neighbor rather than the Caldari/Amarr across the galaxy. Also, I am thinking of extending this as well as perhaps Sepphiros could make his effort into politics, but I havent figured out how to transfer this ingame in a practical manner.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2017, 14:05 »

1) I didnt write that he is Gallente/Intaki with some Caldari mix
2) I simply want to demonstrate the lineage lets say, his multicultural background and how that has been embeded into the character so you are right and I guess I should change the ethnicity part with...what is the correct term if you know?

Basically his father was Gallente /Udorian, his mother Starkmanir/Nefantar

However, his father's father was Gallente/Udorian U-nat, while his father's mother was Intaki/Caldari. His mother's father was Starkmanir and his mother's mother was Nefantar.

I simply want to demonstrate the multiculturalism behind that. Sepphiros directly cant considered Intaki nor Caldari, he has some kin but directly as blood related I wouldnt say so correct? Thus I guess the term ethnicity is not correct for this demonstration right?
Concerning 1) I did get that, you were saying that you are Intaki/Caldari mix, right?
2)Using the term 'ethnic' is fine. But now you're asking, I would use something like 'Ethnic background'.

Now, as Tressith Sefira recently reminded me in this nice thread, there's nothing stopping Ioannis from labeling himself as 'Ethnic Gallente', even if none of his ancestors came from Gallente Prime.
When describing your char's ethnic background, I would just leave out 'Minmatar' and 'Gallente', and just list: Udorian/Caldari/Intaki/Starkmanir/Nefantar + (optional) (Ethnic) Gallente.
-OOChé

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2017, 16:40 »

Hey people, its been a month for Sepphiros and I am thinking of uploading some stuff, but I was thinking of asking the community if you guys want to talk of anything, or anything you want me to focus at regarding Sepphiros. If not I ll just post some stuff in the thread that I had in mind, felt of making this a bit interactive