Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Author Topic: Help me Save My Character  (Read 1733 times)

Teptae

• Clonejack
Help me Save My Character
« on: 08 May 2017, 14:04 »

I quit playing Eve about a year ago. The reason is I just wasn't very happy with my character.
Teptae, was created with more of a focus on how he looked. I wanted an older looking male, and chose Amarr for my race, as they seemed to fit my visual better. The problem is there is nothing about the Amarr empire that appeals to me.

While playing I found that I tended to align myself more with the Gallente Federation. I enjoy the exploration aspect of the game more than the PvP.

After deciding to try the game again, playing as an "Alpha Clone" to see if I enjoy it again, It seems that I'm now limited to the Amarr ships.

I'm hoping for some suggestions on ideas to be able to continue to use this character, and develop a backstory to allow him to be a member of the Gallente Federation.

I hope this makes sense, If not, I'll try to answer any more specific questions.

Thanks.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
Re: Help me Save My Character
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2017, 14:11 »

There have been disenchanted Amarr who have left to the federation.  As also, as I understand it, Gallente is an ethnicity, not a race lorewise - so one could be of amarr stock that ended up in the fed somehow in one's family history. I'll defer to the fed rpers on all this!

Teptae

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2017, 14:16 »

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'll be thinking about some ideas around that while I wait for other (hopefully) replies.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2017, 14:18 »

My own char is Minmatar but I RP her as she grew up in the Federation. So there should be no issues RPing your char as a Federation citizen. You can just make a story that fits you :)

Teptae

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2017, 14:23 »

Thank you. Any ideas on how to justify my year-long absence from the game?

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2017, 14:29 »

Thank you. Any ideas on how to justify my year-long absence from the game?
Your char could have been planetside. On my last break, that I recently returned from after months away, Miz has been taking care of her sick mother (that's rathe cliché lol).

Kumakatok

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2017, 14:53 »

As others have written, I also see the Federation as a melting pot of ethnicities and cultures. I don't think there's any issue with your Amarr character either being born in the Federation, or finding a reason to become a citizen.

I might approach it from the defining characteristic of the Amarr, that of religion. If your character has a religious background, perhaps they went to the Federation as a missionary (from what I read, there's a lot of believers there since freedom of religion is a facet of their embrace of difference) and perhaps once there, the more liberal practice appealed? I note a lot of Amarr RPers tend towards the liberal wing, being uncomfortable with slavery, for example. Perhaps your character took this to a new, more tolerant society?

One story I was fascinated by was the Kador invasion of Solitude some years ago (which was recently explained by a love story). Maybe your character was part of this failed invasion, and taken as a prisoner of war. There's plenty of evidence of PoWs deciding to stay in their captor's homeland (lots of German PoWs from WW2, for example, chose to settle in Britain rather than go home). Maybe, like Uriam Kador, your character fell in love with a Gallente? This might also explain your absence, having been in a camp for the while, and give all sorts of starting points for RP with both Amarr and Federation players.

Just some thoughts provoked by all the lore I'm reading! Hope it might be of use or at least, help develop a thought or two.

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2017, 15:42 »

Its always exciting to see more folks wanting to do GalFed RP. Lore wise the Amarr Empire and the Federation have some major cultural incompatibilities, but in some ways they are dark mirrors of each other.  I think there are some really cool things to do RP wise to explore that.

For example, both the Federation and the Empire are dedicated to "exporting" their culture.  The Federation relies mostly on "soft power" of cultural exports like media, fashion, and of course exotic dancers.  However, they have also played hardball on the military side of things as well.  The Amarr are kindof the reverse, they've relied primarily on expansion through conquest... but they also have a "soft power" component of sending out missionaries.

I like the suggestions that Kumakatok made.  A former POW, or a former missionary who's "gone native" in the Gallente Federation would be a really cool voice to have around.  There are plenty of non-Amarr characters running about who have converted to the faith or whatever, so it'd be cool to see the other side of that represented.

Teptae

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2017, 17:53 »

I really like the replies and suggestions I've received so far!

After making my OP, I found a bio I had created when I created Teptae. He is my second main and is the result of a lot of bad choices made with my first character. I "wasted" skill points with my first character as I had no idea what I wanted to do in Eve. When the skill injectors came out I decided to use them and transfer the skill points from my first character to a new one and the result was Teptae.

Here is that bio. I'm more than willing to completely rewrite it.
On 04.03.yc118 (March 4, 2016) at 19:51 a strange thing happened at Hedion University. A member of the Human Resources Department was entering in the information regarding an employee who was taking maternity leave when her screen went black then came back on again. The event had only taken a second or two and none of the information  she had been entering appeared to have been changed so she paid it no mind. Unknown to her and everyone else in New Eden - with the exception of two men - One man’s identity had been completely wiped clean from all databases and another added that was completely untraceable.

With a few keystrokes “Teptae”, with the help of another capsuleer, Malachite Ormand,  had completely erased his past. He was about to begin a new life and wanted nothing from his past to follow him.

Born into the Amarr bloodline, his parents were Liberal Holders and he was brought up in privilege. As he grew older, he became more disenchanted with the practice of slavery. His anti-slavery activism resulted in him being labeled a heretic and forced to live in exile.

Teptae had met Malachite at the Center for Advanced Studies in Cistavert, in the Gallente Federation, and they quickly became friends. Although younger than Teptae, Malachite became his mentor for “all things Gallentian.”

One day Malachite told Teptae that he was tired of being immortal. He was going to to leave Signal Cartel and have his clones destroyed. He told Teptae that he wanted to transfer his SP to Teptae along with his savings. He was going to make some donations to Signal Cartel and then sell the rest. After that he would have his SP extracted and he wanted Teptae to take them.

Teptae saw this as a great opportunity to completely sever his ties to his family and the Amarrian Empire. Work began to completely erase his past and create a new life.

On 05.03.yc118 Malachite Ormand’s SP were extracted and then injected into Teptae. His savings were also transferred into Teptae’s account. Then Malachite Ormand’s clones were destroyed. At that moment the only one who knew Teptae’s true identity was Teptae himself. After a moment of prayer to the loss of his friend and mentor, Teptae began to plan his new life.  In honor of his friend, he would join Signal Cartel.

Although he still believed that all should be free, he decided to abandon his previous activism. All he wanted now was to explore.