Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Author Topic: [Character] Rinai Vero  (Read 2409 times)

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
[Character] Rinai Vero
« on: 04 Mar 2015, 22:53 »

Name: Rinai Vero
Sex: Female
Nationality: Federated Union of Gallente Prime
Bloodline: Gallente / Deteis
Ancestry: Immigrants
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 118 lbs +/-
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Grey

[The following information has either been stated openly by Rinai in public venues, or can be found easily in publicly accessible employment or combat records.]
[Character Intro]

Most of Rinai’s early childhood was spent on Caldari Prime, where she lived with her parents and older brother. Her father, Niikuel Vero, was Deteis. An Executive who worked for a non-Mega Caldari import export firm based in Arcurio, his work allowed him to travel widely throughout New Eden. Eventually he would meet Rinai’s Gallente mother, Aurelia Laeste. Although the couple had two children together, they never married.  Aurelia lived for a time with the family in Arcurio, but eventually returned to Caille, while Rinai and her brother stayed under the care of their father. 

School records indicate regular attendance at public institutions in Arcurio until her early teenage years, when Rinai relocated to Gallente Prime.  Her education on Caldari Prime had been fairly standard, but in Caille she was apparently enrolled in a program at one of the city’s foremost conservatories for fine arts. Course records indicating possible focus are spotty, but her name does appear listed as a performer at dance companies ranging from little known avant garde studios, to one of the best known on Luminaire.

At age 19 she entered the Federal Navy Academy’s capsuleer training program, graduating successfully three years later. Very little worth taking note of seems to have occurred during her first three years as a capsuleer. CONCORD records indicate that she was employed briefly with minor corporations involved in small scale security contracting mostly in Caldari State territory. All of these entities have since closed, and any former associates have long since scattered, with no remaining associations evident.  Without any record of combat or other activity in space, it is possible that she was planetside for extended periods of time.

Standings records indicate that her activities working for State aligned entities during this period earned her some enmity within the Federation Navy, which she spent some time repairing while nominally employed by The Scope.

It is not until the events surrounding Sansha Kuvekei’s return to prominence in New Eden that Pilot Vero began to have any noticeable interactions within the Capsuleer community at large.

[The following information is mostly not publically known, but might be subject to speculation by someone familiar with Rinai’s other background or local knowledge of the areas where she lived.]
[Family Background]

As a child of mixed parentage on a planet with deep tensions between Caldari and Gallente populations, Rinai had a turbulent childhood marked by conflict with her peers.  Although her father travelled often, he was hardly absentee, and was able to provide much needed stability and order in his daughter’s early life.  She and her brother were also warmly accepted by Niikuel’s extended family, whose Caldari cultural influence she absorbed growing up.

Eventually, as she grew into adolescence Rinai came into conflict with the more strictly regimented Caldari cultural traits of her father’s heritage. As a teenager, she left Caldari Prime to live with her mother in Caille. 

Aurelia Laeste is the daughter of a privileged family with deep roots in Caille going back at least to the time of the late Garoun Empire.  Over the centuries they have been active participants in the politics and culture of the City and surrounding region, and remain well connected in the present.  Rinai’s introduction to this environment was quite a culture shock in comparison to the rigidity of her upbringing on Caldari Prime.  Here, she was encouraged to socialize with a diverse and culturally progressive element of Gallente society, and she quickly started to thrive in the arts community.

Although dance and social activities took up most of her teenage years, Rinai was also at the periphery of her family’s involvement in local politics of the Kingdom of Central Garoun and the City itself.  Although none of her relatives had any prominence in the Federal Government since its relocation to Villore, in the past members of her family had served in various Federation governments while the capitol had been located in Caille. 

During the chaotic years of the First  Gallente-Caldari War many Laeste family allegiances were split between UltraNationalists and their opposition.  Even two centuries later bitterness remains between the descendants who remember stories from that time, when U-Nat secret police officers investigated their own kin for suspected disloyalty to the Gallente Federation.  Political divisions remain within the family to this day.  Aurelia grew up among immediate family who were staunchly opposed to U-Nats, and Rinai was very much influenced by grandparents and cousins who shared that distaste.

((More to come as I get around to writing it up.))
« Last Edit: 04 May 2017, 15:15 by Rinai Vero »

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
Re: [Character] Rinai Vero
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2015, 23:00 »

Been around in EVE for a while but only recently found out this forum existed. I've spent a lot of time over the years thinking about Rinai's character, history, and motivations. First post basically just gets us up to the point when I started spending any decent amount of time playing the game.

Most of what I've had to say about Rinai over the years has been said IC on the IGS, and I've kept things mostly vague as far as background.  I'll be fleshing this out with more detail as I go on, but this is a good foundation for what those of you who's characters might be curious would be able to turn up.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2015, 23:47 »

Oh, hello! I like Rinai. It's always nice to have Gallente RPers around.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2015, 04:15 »

Indeed...

Anskek

« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2015, 09:40 »

aaw yis

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2015, 09:55 »

Ah fantastic! We've crossed paths on the forums, and Ladister went great. We should cross paths somewhere like The Lounge, too~
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Iwan Terpalen

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2015, 10:12 »

My favorite kind of Gallente scum.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 06 Mar 2015, 06:33 »

Welcome fellow gallantean!

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #8 on: 06 Mar 2015, 07:54 »

Insert obligatory "grr Feds" here
 :P
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2015, 12:56 »

Insert obligatory "grr Feds" here
 :P

Hah, of course!

I appreciate the warm welcome. Will post more stuff soon I hope.  In the meantime keep an eye out for Rinai / feel free to poke her when you do.

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2017, 15:13 »

Added some stuff about Rinai's family background.