EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

The "Purity" War

(1/5) > >>

Casserina Leshrac:
Figured I go OOC about this since that is the purpose of this board.

OK with the Purity of the Throne war-dec'ing Sani and Faithful Amarr factions I am wondering if this going to lead up to something bigger.

Currently I am hearing some whispers that suggest that some of the more Faithful corps had finally enough hanging around and causing non-drama.

Don't get me wrong playing the character I do, I do sort of ask being war-dec'ed just for being heretic.

I can see the current message of P-THR which is "If you converse with them you must be with them mentality," which could cause a shift in perception to a presumably loyal Amarr Corp.

Thoughts, ideas.. discuss

Ilan Ardishapur:
Ilan and presumably the Purists are a collection of hardliner/conservative/traditionalist Amarr, who obviously are very upset that their team lost. I'm not sure that the war or even the words of a branded traditionalist heretic will change much internally for loyalist corps, in the public eye though, it is possible.

However, I can't speak for the real loyalist groups out there.

Lunarisse Aspenstar:
I would hope SFRIM has enough of a track record it won't amongst loyalist corps.

That being said, with respect to "If you converse with them you must be with them mentalit", there's ic/ooc challenge to this particular tact as to one "loyalist" corps can be very vulnerable too.  SFRIM has never adopted PIE's strict rules as to venues/channels/fleets.  Part of the rationale is ooc - the rp community is segregated enough and we'd rather have our rpers able to be out in the community creating and sharing content rather than be a 'closed shop'.  Part of it is IC - to sow the 'good word' one has to be in the fields, amongst the wheat and weeds alike, in order to do so.    While personally I welcome new adversaries, my main concern is constantly defending against that particular line of attack is it causes ooc/ic challenges from a big picture POV.  Particularly since this whole matter arose from an ooc blunder by a player looking forward to talking to an old eve friend and who had no awareness of the sort of things that happen on the IGS when people post.  He's aware now, unfortunately!

Ilan Ardishapur:
I really doubt SFRIM's name will be in jeopardy. Purists are Ultra-Conservitive in nature, SFRIM is liberal leaning and PIE is centrist. It is a IC political dynamic that should be embraced and built upon while ensuring a civil, respectful OOC relationship is maintained.

Casserina Leshrac:
First to Ilan for giving us a brawl last night. Many Thanks

You gave my boys something to chew on in regards that no matter what you do in EvE there is always PvP. Personally I didn't think my old tired skills were up to the task. Well not completely so I look forward to the next engagement.

IC threats to follow on the appropriate channels.

That being said we must develop the RP and OOC interactions together and openly. That way idea can grow and evolve beyond the Corp Lore and Prime Fiction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version