Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Faster than Light Communication is regulated by CONCORD? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Interest Check] Running Event for Explorers & Couriers  (Read 4070 times)

Nissui

This post left intentionally vague. Details to follow soon™️.

Basically, a spring-summer event for whatever interest is present, wherein data collection from around the cluster will be the focus. Lowsec and Nullsec will be the locations. Being able to create multiple contracts will be helpful for participants, as will good Interceptor/CovOps skills. Alphas and alts are free to join of course.

Key point: there will be no data overlap, meaning participants who produce duplicate data will go unpaid. Coordination with other participants will ensure (hopefully?) everyone is rewarded for their collection. Or... perhaps skullduggery will ensue.

Reward will be in ISK until the PLEX changes, at which point the reward will shift to PLEX granules. That's CCP's soon™️, not mine.

The event ends when I run out of money. Related events will follow thereafter.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2017, 16:26 by Stutzer »

Alex Hinkelmann

• Clonejack
Re: [Interest Check] Running Event for Explorers & Couriers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2017, 00:37 »

I'd be willing to have I-RED Sponsor the event that way you don't have to run out of isk. Naturally I'm interested.
I-RED Executor

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2017, 07:07 »

Well I'm all about exploration so I'm interested.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2017, 11:50 »

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2017, 07:45 »

Consider me possibly interested.
-OOChé

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2017, 09:45 »

Sounds like a fresh change from my normal EVE life.  :)

xiongrey

• Vherokior Explorer, Clan Grey
  • Clonejack
  • In the Life of One Who Knows Nothing
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2017, 14:58 »

Exploration is my jam! colour me interested :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2017, 08:48 »

As a wormhole inhabitant, I'm up for this.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Nissui

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2017, 17:16 »

Reward will be in ISK until the PLEX changes, at which point the reward will shift to PLEX granules. That's CCP's soon™️, not mine.

Guess it's 09 May, then. Will probably take time off work since I have final papers due that week anyway. Will probably post details here before IC posting.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2017, 02:10 by Stutzer »

Nissui

« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2017, 02:10 »

First, apologies if my interest check was misleading. I understood that ‘Explorers & Couriers’ might not mean the same thing to all players.

Second, this is for fun. Reading on, I would ask that you keep three words in mind: science, fiction, game.

So, the sum of what I am seeking with the event:
  • I am buying astronomical observational data of new stellar visuals, grouped by Constellation
  • Observational data should be 1+ Data Sheet and/or Report (ingame item will be a prop)
  • This item constitutes a ‘Report’, which will be contracted
  • ‘Report’ has two additional components: visual capture and observation
  • These items together will be compensated, with proof of payment made available as needed
The data will be tabulated in the Stellar Object Melioroptics Augment Dataset, which will be a publicly accessible living document. A sample of the intended document can be found here.

Publishing credit will be given to the reporters should they wish it. Once a Constellation has been documented in the dataset, no duplicate or subsequent Reports for that Constellation will be accepted. Observations can be further corroborated or corrected, but the point is not 100% modern-era astronomical accuracy, but to enjoy a new feature of the game out in space for those who would like to do so. My hope is that people will team up, coordinate, compete, etc.

Here’s how the process will (hopefully) work:

1. Pilot wishes to participate
2. Participating pilot travels to an undocumented Constellation, confirmed by SOMAD
3. Participating pilot performs visual capture using this scheme
4. Pilot submits report
     4.1 Upload of all visual captures of all stellar objects in constellation to a retrievable galnet link
     4.2 Contract ‘Report: [Constellation Name]’ to Hetu Hegirin
          4.2.1 EITHER Contract prop item from station within the constellation being documented
          4.2.2 OR Contract from bookmark of jetcan containing data sheet within the constellation being documented
5. UIVIU confirms receipt of report and galnet link
     5.1 Visual captures are validated
     5.2 Coordinates of contract are verified
6. UIVIU processes payment and acknowledges receipt
7. Report is documented in the dataset

PAYMENT?!” you say. I’m looking into the PLEX granule situation, but that detail should be sorted in the first day or so of the event. For now, I’m leaning toward:
  • 5 Granules for visual captures
  • 15 Granules for captures + observations
This presumes that I will be allowed to contract Granules at all, which I'm not certain is possible with the Vault. In any case, even the minimum threshold of success should yield a return cover the loss of a scanning frig + modules.

Not all of New Eden will be considered for this event. The following list of exempted Constellations will not be included in this dataset. Anoikis will not be included in this dataset either, but will play a role in the third phase of the program, should we get enough data to proceed with the second phase, which will be detailed, interest permitting. Commas.

I think that’s the long and short of it, but I’m sure there are details I will need to clarify and holes I will need to patch. Please feel free to ask questions if you like and I will try to answer them.

Or maybe it’s just another shit idear. I'm going to bed.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2017, 10:31 »

I think it would be better for participation if you could submit more granular pieces of data (systems instead of constellations). I understand this could increase YOUR workload quite a lot, but maybe you could structure the rewards so that it is more profitable to submit larger sets of data.
I think surveying an entire constellation can be a bit hard to find time for. At least, speaking personally, I would find it hard to fit into my EVE activities.
Anyway, it is fine to start with either approach, and then adjust to the participation: allow smaller data sets if there is little participation, or restrict to bigger data sets if there is lots of participation.
-OOChé

Nissui

« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2017, 12:36 »

This is good feedback, thanks Che.

In test, a constellation took about 6-8 minutes to image capture in an Interceptor, about 3 minutes more in a CovOps, each having their own advantages in avoiding obstacles. When providing observations, about 30 seconds per star was sufficient. So the reasoning was that, ideally, 15 minutes work could yield about 30M ISK, which is not too shabby for pilots who like to poke around. They might make more in an anomaly, sure. They could also get carbon. They could also do both anoms and observations in tandem.

Individual stars would have to be somewhat low payout, like 1M, to incentivize 'complete' reports for 5-7 stars. However, there is also no rush to fully flesh out the dataset. Pilots could piece together submissions over time.

I suppose I will sit on this a while longer. Back to work.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2017, 12:43 »

Yes, well, you have to get to the constellation first, though, which is likely the biggest time sink.
-OOChé

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2017, 12:58 »

Really like this idea. A great world builder, and one I'm definitely hoping to get my alt, Emiri, involved in. Great job putting it together!
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2017, 13:13 »

Sounds fun. I am not sure if I completely understands it, but still fun.

I can also put some isk into the prize pool if needed.
Pages: [1] 2