EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

[Interest Check] Running Event for Explorers & Couriers

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mizhir:
Sounds like a fresh change from my normal EVE life.  :)

xiongrey:
Exploration is my jam! colour me interested :)

kalaratiri:
As a wormhole inhabitant, I'm up for this.

Nissui:

--- Quote from: Stutzer on 17 Apr 2017, 11:44 ---Reward will be in ISK until the PLEX changes, at which point the reward will shift to PLEX granules. That's CCP's soon™️, not mine.
--- End quote ---

Guess it's 09 May, then. Will probably take time off work since I have final papers due that week anyway. Will probably post details here before IC posting.

Nissui:
First, apologies if my interest check was misleading. I understood that ‘Explorers & Couriers’ might not mean the same thing to all players.

Second, this is for fun. Reading on, I would ask that you keep three words in mind: science, fiction, game.

So, the sum of what I am seeking with the event:

* I am buying astronomical observational data of new stellar visuals, grouped by Constellation
* Observational data should be 1+ Data Sheet and/or Report (ingame item will be a prop)
* This item constitutes a ‘Report’, which will be contracted
* ‘Report’ has two additional components: visual capture and observation
* These items together will be compensated, with proof of payment made available as neededThe data will be tabulated in the Stellar Object Melioroptics Augment Dataset, which will be a publicly accessible living document. A sample of the intended document can be found here.

Publishing credit will be given to the reporters should they wish it. Once a Constellation has been documented in the dataset, no duplicate or subsequent Reports for that Constellation will be accepted. Observations can be further corroborated or corrected, but the point is not 100% modern-era astronomical accuracy, but to enjoy a new feature of the game out in space for those who would like to do so. My hope is that people will team up, coordinate, compete, etc.

Here’s how the process will (hopefully) work:

1. Pilot wishes to participate
2. Participating pilot travels to an undocumented Constellation, confirmed by SOMAD
3. Participating pilot performs visual capture using this scheme
4. Pilot submits report
     4.1 Upload of all visual captures of all stellar objects in constellation to a retrievable galnet link
     4.2 Contract ‘Report: [Constellation Name]’ to Hetu Hegirin
          4.2.1 EITHER Contract prop item from station within the constellation being documented
          4.2.2 OR Contract from bookmark of jetcan containing data sheet within the constellation being documented
5. UIVIU confirms receipt of report and galnet link
     5.1 Visual captures are validated
     5.2 Coordinates of contract are verified
6. UIVIU processes payment and acknowledges receipt
7. Report is documented in the dataset

“PAYMENT?!” you say. I’m looking into the PLEX granule situation, but that detail should be sorted in the first day or so of the event. For now, I’m leaning toward:

* 5 Granules for visual captures
* 15 Granules for captures + observationsThis presumes that I will be allowed to contract Granules at all, which I'm not certain is possible with the Vault. In any case, even the minimum threshold of success should yield a return cover the loss of a scanning frig + modules.

Not all of New Eden will be considered for this event. The following list of exempted Constellations will not be included in this dataset. Anoikis will not be included in this dataset either, but will play a role in the third phase of the program, should we get enough data to proceed with the second phase, which will be detailed, interest permitting. Commas.

I think that’s the long and short of it, but I’m sure there are details I will need to clarify and holes I will need to patch. Please feel free to ask questions if you like and I will try to answer them.

Or maybe it’s just another shit idear. I'm going to bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version