Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Backstage Playstyle Index  (Read 5948 times)

Nissui

Backstage Playstyle Index
« on: 05 Apr 2017, 14:22 »

Okay, there might be an obvious thread for this that multiple searches has not revealed to me, but as I have not yet found it, I will put this here until I can be pointed to the right place.

Since there is an ongoing conversation about the use of popular channels and disappointments that may spring therefrom, I thought about my own experience and why I seek RP the way that I do (which I feel is not unique). I have tried the big name channels, lingering for months at a time and not finding the RP I wanted. This is not the fault of the channel, in my view, but an incongruence of playstyles. We aren't looking for the same thing. It happens all the time in tabletop: how often does a group form from total strangers and remain 100% unchanged for the duration of the game? I have never seen it. People seek their desired content and likely stick with the sources that provide it.

I don't know how useful it may be, but I know that the Hydaelyn RPC has a directory for players that seems to allow them to make a variety of connections that aren't exclusively ERP. I wondered then if maybe players who wanted to exercise a particular style in EVE RP but were short on opportunity would be similarly served.

A lot of players probably prefer this kind of content to happen organically. For the most part I am in this camp, particularly with game elements in space. However, my free time isn't what it used to be, so that in-game development of events is a precious rarity for me. Perhaps it is sometimes the same for others.

In any case, I am "adapting" Kyrin's format from the aforementioned board. Ideas for modifying the format are welcome. If you'd like to enter yourself, OpSec be damned, perhaps an index might take shape for times when the RP lags or people want to try something different.

Could be a shit idear as well.

[spoiler]
Code: [Select]
[b]I. Basic Info[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Characters:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Primary Character:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Owned Channels:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Preferred Channels:[/color]

[/list]

[b]II. RP Style[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on RP combat and injuries:[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on IC romance:[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on lore:[/color]

[/list]

[b]III. Other Info[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Languages:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Timezone:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Active Cycle:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Contact info:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Additional Details:[/color]
[/list]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2017, 16:25 by Stutzer »

Nissui

Re: Backstage Playstyle Index
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2017, 14:22 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Hetu Hegirin, Event NPCs
  • Primary Character: Hetu Hegirin
  • Owned Channels: Vul·sun·ger
  • Preferred Channels: Local, Private Convo
II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium: can contact IC or OOC, flagging helps separate RP/non-RP. Tend to operate default IC with known RPers. Plots (with limited involvement due to time constraints), events, slice-of-life all potential options. I am open to most adversarial RP.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Prefer using tools available in the client. Basically leaves ships and freeform text, afaik. Plenty of players​ RP fisticuffs and injury well, though New Eden medicine renders this highly situational.

• Views on IC romance:
    I don't have time to make this worth anyone's while.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Lots of opportunities here which a lot of players pull off very well. For cultures that place a lot of importance in family, this can generate more than mere backstory. Arcs and hooks aplenty.

• Views on lore:
    I consider myself an adherent, but I am greatly in favor of worldbuilding that does not contradict PF. I acknowledge that PF is all anyone can be asked to observe, but will try in most cases to absorb others' worldbuildy headcanon.
III. Other Info
  • Languages: English (French/Japanese not fully conversational)
  • Timezone: Pacific
  • Active Cycle: 0000-0800 NEST
  • Contact info: Evemail, Discord
  • Additional Details: Flaky/prone to RL wrecking shots
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2018, 12:54 by Stutzer »

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2017, 15:43 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Xepharious Wryn, Ahliya Wryn, Vicktor Kravencore, Tezra Lethrov, and name-holders: Meyan Lui Kasil, Caera Clarke
  • Primary Character: Xepharious, Tezra
  • Owned Channels: Sunny-side Up, Six Bladed Blossom
  • Preferred Channels: Sunnys-side Up, private channels (OOC: H+)

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Lately very light. Most of my effort is directed towards Sunswept or ALXVP recruiting

• Views on RP combat and injuries: I think any injuries should be realistic but that RP combat shouldn't happen unless both players are comfortable that the other will not force them into something. RP is even better when you choose for your own character to risk or lose something.

• Views on IC romance: I am generally ok with it. My primary character is currently involved in a specifically PG-13 IC romance but I've explores various types of ERP. I think that as long as both players are comfortable this can be a great thing. I care more about the story told than about the individual actions taken.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): LOVE family type RP. I don't get to do it much as it seems to require a lot more time spent available for rp (something my RL toddler tends not to allow me). I also love to write about these ties and the power they hold.

• Views on lore: I think its good to try to respect both CCP canon as well as accepted player fiction canon in general. But don't be bound by it, especialy if you are new to RP. Is really hard to learn to RP if you are always feeling like you are about to step on a 'loremine'

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English and a tiny bit of German or Spanish
  • Timezone: US timezone-ish
  • Active Cycle: spec-op, sorry
  • Contact info: Best way to reach me is to send an evemail or poke someone in H+ to slack me
  • Additional Details:
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2017, 18:39 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Julianni Avala, Sheyan Mazaki
  • Primary Character: Julianni Avala
  • Owned Channels: None
  • Preferred Channels: No preference, though I try to stay away from the public OOC channel.

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy. Been taking a small break as of late due to my main being held hostage, but it should change soon. Also had been kind of discouraged due to the reasons stated in another thread, but I'm hopeful it will change.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: Much like Xeph, I prefer realism in this instance. I believe that it's imperative that players communicate just what they're comfortable with, then let the creativity flow from there. So long as there is no godmodding and power posting, then I think it's fun to see just what can happen from a realistic standpoint.

• Views on IC romance: IC romance in my opinion can lead to some amazing stories. I'm also a romantic at heart, so I love seeing the journey that characters can take together and the narrative that comes from it. All in all, I'm pretty comfortable with this.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I adore it and am all for it! Some of the best stories I've seen created in roleplay scenarios in any game come from family/cultural ties.

• Views on lore: I don't have a lot of experience in lore, but I learn every day. I agree again with Xeph that respect should be had for CCP, but not to be completely bound. This is a sandbox, after all. We're the ones that build this universe for the most part.

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English
  • Timezone: Pacific US TZ
  • Active Cycle: I have insomnia, so it can vary.
  • Contact info: Sending me an EVEmail or poking me on Discord (Sara#0709) are all good ways to reach me.
  • Additional Details:
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 09 Apr 2017, 09:44 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Che Biko
  • Primary Character:  Che Biko
  • Owned Channels: C3SRC
  • Preferred Channels:  C3SRC, Human+, H+ (OOC)

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy. Consider me to be IC most times, but I don't mind a little OOC chat, as long as I don't get much OOC info that I don't really need to know (because I value IC/OOC knowledge separation, but I sometimes have a hard time remembering which is which). I prefer to actually travel to in-game locations if able, so I'm unlikely to visit bars etc. with no location, or even worse (personal opinion), a "franchise" with omnipresence.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: No godmodding. Although there was godmodding done the few times people actually got violent with Ché, and I let it slide because they were lucky enough that I would have let the hits land anyway, please don't godmod. As far as injuries go...even permadeath is on the table, but obviously this would really need to have my OOC involvement beforehand.

• Views on IC romance: I've had memorable one night flings, and a romance lasting months, and I'm still open to either. ERP is optional but not mandatory.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I've had little family RP, but I'm not against it. So...RP in general, if I get this right? Well, uhm...no godmodding? I'm pretty open to most things, and prefer to let most things happen organically and unscripted.

• Views on lore: If your character makes statements that contradict the lore, Ché will think your either crazy, deceiving or misinformed. That being said, I've had entertaining RP with a Carrier AI, some Drones, an Extra-dimensional Being, a Demonic Being, and some other colorful characters that shit drama all over the place. I prefer less snowflaky characters, but I am capable of tolerating or even enjoying them.

III. Other Info
  • Languages:  Dutch/English (Can understand some German)
  • Timezone: CET (UTC +1, +2 in April-November)
  • Active Cycle: Varies a lot, but usually between 1900 and 0300 EVE time.
  • Contact info: Here on Backstage, Che.Biko@inter.nl.net, tweetfleet Slack, ingame or Discord (Ché Biko#8685).
  • Additional Details: [Character] Ché Biko
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2018, 14:37 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2017, 08:45 »

Eh, I'll bite, mostly because I'm a fan of these types of lists...

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Sakura Nihil, Akusa Nihil, Ereka Nihil, Eri Nihil, Ami Nihil
  • Primary Character: Sakura Nihil
  • Owned Channels: Three Sisters (inactive)
  • Preferred Channels: The Summit, Intergalactic Summit

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light and/or medium.  I'm typically OOC in all channels except for the two Summits, if my character is in a bar/club, or occasionally local.  I'll also typically do in-game activities (like combat) in an OOC fashion, but lately I've been reconsidering stepping my IC involvement up a bit.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:  My characters generally don't get into fistfights or small-arms fights, and thus tend not to get injured.  If other people want to do it, that's fine, but my characters tend to settle issues in space with antimatter.

• Views on IC romance:  Romance only, and even then, it takes a special kind of capsuleer to convince a Nihil to view them as a viable possibility.  So it's rare, and far between, but romances can lead to some great RP for both parties.  A strong IC/OOC separation must be kept, in the event one develops.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):  Big fan of this, my characters are all sisters of one another with non-capsuleer parents.  There's a ton of back-and-forth between them that you'd expect of siblings, plus it helps frame their perspective on life as The Nihils vs. The Universe, and encourages great cooperation.

• Views on lore:  At times interesting, at times irrelevant.  I don't hinge on every word of it, and generally just see it as painting the background for our IC interactions, rather than driving our characters to action due to an event that occurs.  I try and respect the PF wherever I can, though.

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English (some Spanish)
  • Timezone: -4/-5 UTC (East Coast USA)
  • Active Cycle: Generally 2200-0400, but it fluctuates
  • Contact info: In-game mail or convos are your best bet
  • Additional Details:

Miyoshi Akachi

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2017, 10:14 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:  Miyoshi Akachi, Soosoo Shakiel
  • Primary Character:  Miyoshi Akachi
  • Owned Channels:  Stargazers Resort
  • Preferred Channels:  public venues, private convo, Stargazers Resort

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): from light to medium. If I really got involved, I can be medium; usually, given the time I play I prefer a more relaxed light rping.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: personally my character isn't one geting into fights, she is not stepping away from a duel between ships, but she is not going to pick up a fist fight. Anyway, if they are realistic I'm not against it, only if all the parties involved are okay with it and with its consequences.

• Views on IC romance: I'm quite okay about it, I think many nice things can come out from it and it can be quite enjoyable for the ones involved.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): as enjoyable as IC romance it can be. Even if is just business rp. Open to this as much as IC romance.

• Views on lore:  a nice, usefull and wide base on which build worlds and stories. Not to be taken as the Holy Bible, with every single words but at the same time not just thrashed away.

III. Other Info
  • Languages:  English
  • Timezone:  EU timezone (Central Europe)
  • Active Cycle:  evenings usually
  • Contact info:  private convo ingame or here, EVEmail, Stargazers Resort, H+
  • Additional Details:
« Last Edit: 08 May 2017, 12:13 by Miyoshi Akachi »

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2017, 14:44 »

I'm not super active lately but boy do I love filling out these kinds of things.

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Persephone Alleile, Mordvin Naskingar (he's the strong silent type, i.e. my industry/hauling slave)
  • Primary Character: Persephone Alleile
  • Owned Channels: Tartarus Ops
  • Preferred Channels: Private Convos, local, fleet chat, wherever.
II. RP Style
    Medium I like to think whenever I am ingame I am IC, but I also don't interact with people all that much so most of my RP is just me RPing by myself.

Persephone prefers to do any combat in space, she doesn't have any close combat training, I think it's cool that people do RP close quarters combat though. While cloning would theoretically make injuries unimportant I could see people keeping a wound or scar as a badge of honour.

• Views on IC romance:
    Not into it personally.

Into it. family ties can be interesting to explore.

• Views on lore:
    I'm a fan of the official lore but I find there are lots of gaps that can be filled by worldbuilding (for example I love the stuff that the Intaki Liberation Front have come up with for Intaki culture)
III. Other Info
  • Languages: English and French
  • Timezone: UTC -5
  • Active Cycle: 2200-0400 NEST
  • Contact info: evemail
  • Additional Details:

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2017, 19:44 »

I. Basic Info

Characters: Kazuma Ry
    Primary Character: Kazuma Ry
    Owned Channels: Further
    Preferred Channels: Local, Serim.OOC, Private Convo

II. RP Style

Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light / Medium, I tend to stay within the RP that I am comfortable with, which tends to
    be Amarrian Religion based.

Views on RP combat and injuries: I haven't RP'd this style before. If via proper planning, I would be up for it.

Views on IC romance: Willing to give it a try, but due to work and personal life, I don't have a lot of time to invest in it.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I have no issue with it, if done right could easily bring a good twist in the RP. but
    as the previous one, currently don't have a lot of time to invest in this style of RPing.

Views on lore: I try to adhere to lore that has been written by CCP. I am also willing to build upon that lore, more within my
    characters own history. If there is player written lore that the majority of the RPing community adheres to, then I will adhere
    to it as well.

III. Other Info

Languages: English
    Timezone: Pacific
    Active Cycle: depends on time of the week and Real life commitments
    Contact info: PM Backstage, Discord (Tmuet#1131)
    Additional Details: I don't deal with Trolls/Spam characters. I will either block, or completely ignore.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2017, 04:42 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Lasairiona Raske
  • Primary Character: Lasairiona Raske
  • Owned Channels: L'Amore in Ballo
  • Preferred Channels: Depends on my mood. My char is mostly at L'Amore.

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium to Heavy. I have been known to be heavy then take a long break.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: As long as both parties are in agreement, I'm fine with it.

• Views on IC romance: Lasa has been in several relationships. I have no issues with romantic RP or ERP.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Love it, but don't like playing house 24/7. Lasa has three kids so there is some family element to her RP. I mostly enjoy anything that's entertaining and stimulating. The more creative the RP, the better. I like to really see people flex their descriptive muscles when RPing.

• Views on lore: I will respect the lore, but my character has no political or religious affiliations so it doesn't often come into play.

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English, some French.
  • Timezone: UK
  • Active Cycle: Varies
  • Contact info: Mail, L'Amore, or IC convo
  • Additional Details: None I can think of.

xiongrey

• Vherokior Explorer, Clan Grey
  • Clonejack
  • In the Life of One Who Knows Nothing
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2017, 15:41 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Victoria (neé Victalei) Grey
  • Primary Character: Victoria Grey
  • Owned Channels: None N/A
  • Preferred Channels: Local, IGS, EVE Mail

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Varies but generally heavy. In general, my character is in character in actions. Words may or may not be in character depending on how semi-incharacter who I'm talking to seems to be. In general I stay mostly IC though.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: My character isn't much of a fighter but conflict is the blood of drama and drama is the veins of story so i'm fine with it.

• Views on IC romance: Not something I've really thought about to be honest. If a romance plot provides some great storylines and story potential then it can be good like any story.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Prolly what would be most interesting. Victoria has a great sense of family with her upbringing on her small ship. Haven't had a lot of chances to really RP this outside of descriptions of her childhood but still something that would be amazing to RP.

• Views on lore: Lore holds the highest source. I try really hard not to mess with it at all though there are a lot of missing pieces especcially on the Matari side of things so I end up making as safe creations as I can. Like the sister Clans of Grey, Kaldagrey, and Greyjorrin that are in Victoria's backstory. In general I wont mess with lore but I'll make a few safe things up that don't (hopefully) contradict anything stated.

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English, a tiny bit of Russian (more as I learn more).
  • Timezone: Pacific (GMT/UTC -8/7)
  • Active Cycle: Varies but generally 00:00 - 06:00 NEST for in-game time. 17:00-22:00 NEST for forum times.
  • Contact info: IC convos, or EVE Mail
  • Additional Details: Not sure.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2017, 15:10 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Bataav; Teutonii; Zhushou and others
  • Primary Character: Bataav
  • Owned Channels: -
  • Preferred Channels: Free Intaki, IntakiOOC, Private Convo
II. RP Style
    Medium on average, but happy to go OOC if necessary. Prefer to collaborate on arcs with some pre-planning before letting them play out.

Perfectly fine, but not something I'd be likely to take part in myself.

• Views on IC romance:
    Again no problems here. Been there, done that.

I've done this too with my characters, providing deeper links between them, where necessary.

• Views on lore:
    I try to stick quite closely to established lore, but have been directly involved in a considerable amount of world building too. I try to keep the latter as closely compatible with the lore as much as possible.
III. Other Info
  • Languages: English
  • Timezone: GMT/BST
  • Active Cycle: 22:00 - 04:00 EVE Time
  • Contact info: EVE Mail; Twitter DM
  • Additional Details:
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #12 on: 26 Apr 2017, 05:57 »

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Mizhir, (a few non RP alts)
  • Primary Character: Mizhir
  • Owned Channels:  -
  • Preferred Channels: Private channels

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light. Most of my communication is OOC so please specify if you convo me IC.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: It's like sex in RL: Both parts should consent.

• Views on IC romance: I find it enjoyable. Both romantic RP and ERP. Miz can be hopeless romantic at times so I find it quite amusing to have her fall for people.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Could be very interesting but I have no experiance with it. However Lasa and I have started an Arc that digs deep into Miz's background and family.

• Views on lore: I like worldbuilding and the creativity with fitting it into the lore. It is like carving your own corner of the universe and still being part of a big picture.

III. Other Info
  • Languages: English, Danish
  • Timezone: +1 (CET)
  • Active Cycle: Mostly during EU evenings
  • Contact info: Ingame, Tweetfleet Slack, Twitter (@starmiz_), Discord (Starmiz#4204)
  • Additional Details: Don't bring up shit I did years ago.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2017, 05:05 by Mizhir »

Casserina Leshrac

• Clonejack
  • Causing Trouble As Best I Can!
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2017, 11:54 »

I. Basic Info
Characters: Casserina Leshrac
Primary Character: same
Owned Channels: Zyphillian Gate
Preferred Channels: Depends on my mood. My char is mostly at Zyphillian Gate, Spacetimebar RP

II. RP Style
Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium to Heavy.

Views on RP combat and injuries: As long as both parties are in agreement, I'm fine with it.

Views on IC romance: Casserina has been in several relationships RP and ERP. Polyamorous so she currently has several long term romances. She also has close ties to what others consider "opponents"

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Love it, especially creating new banter and how external forces can affect the inner dynamic

Views on lore: Casserina is Sani Sabik and tends to follow this path devotedly, she is surprisingly open-minded about other Faiths thus one her relationships. However while anchored to the Lore, she is in fact a rebel at heart, meaning that she challenges the Lore, this creating new directions for her to grow and develop,

III. Other Info
Languages: English,
Timezone: UTC - 5 or CST in the US
Active Cycle: Varies
Contact info: Mail, SANIL Recruitment, Zyphillian Gate, SpacetimeBar RP
Additional Details: None I can think of.

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2017, 12:26 »

I. Basic Info
Characters: Ilan Ardishapur
Primary Character: ^^
Owned Channels: None
Preferred Channels: Local

II. RP Style
Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy RP / I'm always in character outside of the OOC channel. This includes mails and private conversations.

Views on RP combat and injuries: So long as it is a cooperative agreement.

Views on IC romance: I've no issue with such things, though Ilan is to old and devout to consider it.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): This kind of RP brings some of the more memorable stories.

Views on lore: I try to adhere to lore to the best of my ability. However Ilan's views on certain houses & nobles may conflict with the truth, this is purely a character flaw.

III. Other Info

Languages: English
Timezone: UTC - 8 PST
Active Cycle: When RL permits - Once to three times weekly.
Contact info: Eve Mail
Additional Details: I'm here to serve.
Pages: [1] 2