EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Backstage Playstyle Index

(1/6) > >>

Nissui:
Okay, there might be an obvious thread for this that multiple searches has not revealed to me, but as I have not yet found it, I will put this here until I can be pointed to the right place.

Since there is an ongoing conversation about the use of popular channels and disappointments that may spring therefrom, I thought about my own experience and why I seek RP the way that I do (which I feel is not unique). I have tried the big name channels, lingering for months at a time and not finding the RP I wanted. This is not the fault of the channel, in my view, but an incongruence of playstyles. We aren't looking for the same thing. It happens all the time in tabletop: how often does a group form from total strangers and remain 100% unchanged for the duration of the game? I have never seen it. People seek their desired content and likely stick with the sources that provide it.

I don't know how useful it may be, but I know that the Hydaelyn RPC has a directory for players that seems to allow them to make a variety of connections that aren't exclusively ERP. I wondered then if maybe players who wanted to exercise a particular style in EVE RP but were short on opportunity would be similarly served.

A lot of players probably prefer this kind of content to happen organically. For the most part I am in this camp, particularly with game elements in space. However, my free time isn't what it used to be, so that in-game development of events is a precious rarity for me. Perhaps it is sometimes the same for others.

In any case, I am "adapting" Kyrin's format from the aforementioned board. Ideas for modifying the format are welcome. If you'd like to enter yourself, OpSec be damned, perhaps an index might take shape for times when the RP lags or people want to try something different.

Could be a shit idear as well.

[spoiler]
--- Code: ---[b]I. Basic Info[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Characters:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Primary Character:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Owned Channels:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Preferred Channels:[/color]

[/list]

[b]II. RP Style[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on RP combat and injuries:[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on IC romance:[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):[/color]

[*] [color=grey]Views on lore:[/color]

[/list]

[b]III. Other Info[/b]
[list]
[*] [color=grey]Languages:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Timezone:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Active Cycle:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Contact info:[/color]
[*] [color=grey]Additional Details:[/color]
[/list]
--- End code ---
[/spoiler]

Nissui:
I. Basic Info
[*] Characters: Hetu Hegirin, Event NPCs
[*] Primary Character: Hetu Hegirin
[*] Owned Channels: Vul·sun·ger
[*] Preferred Channels: Local, Private Convo
[/list]

II. RP Style
[*] Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
Medium: can contact IC or OOC, flagging helps separate RP/non-RP. Tend to operate default IC with known RPers. Plots (with limited involvement due to time constraints), events, slice-of-life all potential options. I am open to most adversarial RP.

[*] Views on RP combat and injuries:
Prefer using tools available in the client. Basically leaves ships and freeform text, afaik. Plenty of players​ RP fisticuffs and injury well, though New Eden medicine renders this highly situational.

[*] Views on IC romance:
I don't have time to make this worth anyone's while.

[*] Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
Lots of opportunities here which a lot of players pull off very well. For cultures that place a lot of importance in family, this can generate more than mere backstory. Arcs and hooks aplenty.

[*] Views on lore:
I consider myself an adherent, but I am greatly in favor of worldbuilding that does not contradict PF. I acknowledge that PF is all anyone can be asked to observe, but will try in most cases to absorb others' worldbuildy headcanon.
[/list]

III. Other Info
[*] Languages: English (French/Japanese not fully conversational)
[*] Timezone: Pacific
[*] Active Cycle: 0000-0800 NEST
[*] Contact info: Evemail, Discord
[*] Additional Details: Flaky/prone to RL wrecking shots
[/list]

Xepharious:
I. Basic Info
[*] Characters: Xepharious Wryn, Ahliya Wryn, Vicktor Kravencore, Tezra Lethrov, and name-holders: Meyan Lui Kasil, Caera Clarke
[*] Primary Character: Xepharious, Tezra
[*] Owned Channels: Sunny-side Up, Six Bladed Blossom
[*] Preferred Channels: Sunnys-side Up, private channels (OOC: H+)

[/list]

II. RP Style
[*] Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Lately very light. Most of my effort is directed towards Sunswept or ALXVP recruiting

[*] Views on RP combat and injuries: I think any injuries should be realistic but that RP combat shouldn't happen unless both players are comfortable that the other will not force them into something. RP is even better when you choose for your own character to risk or lose something.

[*] Views on IC romance: I am generally ok with it. My primary character is currently involved in a specifically PG-13 IC romance but I've explores various types of ERP. I think that as long as both players are comfortable this can be a great thing. I care more about the story told than about the individual actions taken.

[*] Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): LOVE family type RP. I don't get to do it much as it seems to require a lot more time spent available for rp (something my RL toddler tends not to allow me). I also love to write about these ties and the power they hold.

[*] Views on lore: I think its good to try to respect both CCP canon as well as accepted player fiction canon in general. But don't be bound by it, especialy if you are new to RP. Is really hard to learn to RP if you are always feeling like you are about to step on a 'loremine'

[/list]

III. Other Info
[*] Languages: English and a tiny bit of German or Spanish
[*] Timezone: US timezone-ish
[*] Active Cycle: spec-op, sorry
[*] Contact info: Best way to reach me is to send an evemail or poke someone in H+ to slack me
[*] Additional Details:
[/list]

Julianni Avala:
I. Basic Info
[*] Characters: Julianni Avala, Sheyan Mazaki
[*] Primary Character: Julianni Avala
[*] Owned Channels: None
[*] Preferred Channels: No preference, though I try to stay away from the public OOC channel.

[/list]

II. RP Style
[*] Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy. Been taking a small break as of late due to my main being held hostage, but it should change soon. Also had been kind of discouraged due to the reasons stated in another thread, but I'm hopeful it will change.

[*] Views on RP combat and injuries: Much like Xeph, I prefer realism in this instance. I believe that it's imperative that players communicate just what they're comfortable with, then let the creativity flow from there. So long as there is no godmodding and power posting, then I think it's fun to see just what can happen from a realistic standpoint.

[*] Views on IC romance: IC romance in my opinion can lead to some amazing stories. I'm also a romantic at heart, so I love seeing the journey that characters can take together and the narrative that comes from it. All in all, I'm pretty comfortable with this.

[*] Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I adore it and am all for it! Some of the best stories I've seen created in roleplay scenarios in any game come from family/cultural ties.

[*] Views on lore: I don't have a lot of experience in lore, but I learn every day. I agree again with Xeph that respect should be had for CCP, but not to be completely bound. This is a sandbox, after all. We're the ones that build this universe for the most part.

[/list]

III. Other Info
[*] Languages: English
[*] Timezone: Pacific US TZ
[*] Active Cycle: I have insomnia, so it can vary.
[*] Contact info: Sending me an EVEmail or poking me on Discord (Sara#0709) are all good ways to reach me.
[*] Additional Details:
[/list]

Ché Biko:
I. Basic Info
[*] Characters: Che Biko
[*] Primary Character:  Che Biko
[*] Owned Channels: C3SRC
[*] Preferred Channels:  C3SRC, Human+, H+ (OOC)

[/list]

II. RP Style
[*] Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy. Consider me to be IC most times, but I don't mind a little OOC chat, as long as I don't get much OOC info that I don't really need to know (because I value IC/OOC knowledge separation, but I sometimes have a hard time remembering which is which). I prefer to actually travel to in-game locations if able, so I'm unlikely to visit bars etc. with no location, or even worse (personal opinion), a "franchise" with omnipresence.

[*] Views on RP combat and injuries: No godmodding. Although there was godmodding done the few times people actually got violent with Ché, and I let it slide because they were lucky enough that I would have let the hits land anyway, please don't godmod. As far as injuries go...even permadeath is on the table, but obviously this would really need to have my OOC involvement beforehand.

[*] Views on IC romance: I've had memorable one night flings, and a romance lasting months, and I'm still open to either. ERP is optional but not mandatory.

[*] Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I've had little family RP, but I'm not against it. So...RP in general, if I get this right? Well, uhm...no godmodding? I'm pretty open to most things, and prefer to let most things happen organically and unscripted.

[*] Views on lore: If your character makes statements that contradict the lore, Ché will think your either crazy, deceiving or misinformed. That being said, I've had entertaining RP with a Carrier AI, some Drones, an Extra-dimensional Being, a Demonic Being, and some other colorful characters that shit drama all over the place. I prefer less snowflaky characters, but I am capable of tolerating or even enjoying them.

[/list]

III. Other Info
[*] Languages:  Dutch/English (Can understand some German)
[*] Timezone: CET (UTC +1, +2 in April-November)
[*] Active Cycle: Varies a lot, but usually between 1900 and 0300 EVE time.
[*] Contact info: Here on Backstage, Che.Biko@inter.nl.net, tweetfleet Slack, ingame or Discord (Ché Biko#8685).
[*] Additional Details: [Character] Ché Biko
[/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version