Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Break a leg.  (Read 7689 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Break a leg.
« Reply #30 on: 05 Dec 2015, 22:07 »

Ah, I see.

My mistake, then.  I took your post as an independent thought, not an argument by proxy for Lyn.

At the end of the day, understand this:

Policy is to treat complaints and reports regarding members of the Mod Team on a case-by-case basis.  This is the same way we take complaints and reports about every other user.  This is not something that we feel needs to change.  Not this year, not last year, not next year.

If we review a complaint and decide that no action is warranted, then that is the decision of the Team and that's pretty much the end of it.  It only takes one Mod to decide to moderate a post.  Same as for anyone else.  The issuance of formal Warnings and Bans is much more a committee decision.  In obvious cases, warnings or bans can be issued without discussion, but these are extreme and rare circumstances.  As a rule, Warnings and Bans only occur after discussion has taken place and there is either consensus or at the very least agreement between Silver and I, the two active Administrators.

This is the standard by which everyone on Backstage is moderated, whether they are a Moderator themselves or not.

Understand further that the Team does not consist of just me and Morwen.  Active members:

Silver Night - Admin
Havohej - Admin
Morwen Lagann - Mod
Samira Kernher - Mod
Utari Onzo - Mod

Semi-active:
Jekaterine - Mod

Inactive:
Misan - Admin
Ghost Hunter - Mod
Ciarente - Mod

If a Moderator's action is so bad that action against that Moderator is actually warranted, up to and including their removal from the team, that will happen.  There is already precedent, in fact.  It has happened.

Finally, understand that it is up to you as a user of the Forum to either trust that we make these decisions fairly, or not.  In an earlier post, I pointed out a couple of things that we did not promise at the founding of this forum.  Another thing that we don't promise is that everyone will be pleased all the time.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2015, 03:47 »

You know what actually. Whatever.

Nico already made all the argument for me.

Sick of your ad-hominem and veiled snipes about how i'm the disgruntled kid and batman of the forum and such nonsenses. Well deserved for what I implied for your clique? I know you are not in one. That's why you get moderated. Everyone expect you to considering how you spend your time violating half of the rules of the forum, and do not moderate with the consensus of everyone. You are a lose cannon, and it's a given.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2015, 04:01 by Lyn Farel »

Norrin Ellis

• Manager, EVE Online Hold'Em
  • Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
« Reply #32 on: 06 Dec 2015, 04:35 »

Finally, understand that it is up to you as a user of the Forum to either trust that we make these decisions fairly, or not.  In an earlier post, I pointed out a couple of things that we did not promise at the founding of this forum.  Another thing that we don't promise is that everyone will be pleased all the time.

I was promised cake.

Still holding my breath on that.  Still keeping the faith.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #33 on: 06 Dec 2015, 08:26 »

I think this has run its course. The major points about moderator's use of language and what to do if you don't agree with a particular moderation have been addressed.

I'll leave quotes here of Silver and Havo:
At the end of the day, understand this:

Policy is to treat complaints and reports regarding members of the Mod Team on a case-by-case basis.  This is the same way we take complaints and reports about every other user.  This is not something that we feel needs to change.  Not this year, not last year, not next year.

If we review a complaint and decide that no action is warranted, then that is the decision of the Team and that's pretty much the end of it.  It only takes one Mod to decide to moderate a post.  Same as for anyone else.  The issuance of formal Warnings and Bans is much more a committee decision.  In obvious cases, warnings or bans can be issued without discussion, but these are extreme and rare circumstances.  As a rule, Warnings and Bans only occur after discussion has taken place and there is either consensus or at the very least agreement between Silver and I, the two active Administrators.

This is the standard by which everyone on Backstage is moderated, whether they are a Moderator themselves or not.

Understand further that the Team does not consist of just me and Morwen.  Active members:

Silver Night - Admin
Havohej - Admin
Morwen Lagann - Mod
Samira Kernher - Mod
Utari Onzo - Mod

Semi-active:
Jekaterine - Mod

Inactive:
Misan - Admin
Ghost Hunter - Mod
Ciarente - Mod

If a Moderator's action is so bad that action against that Moderator is actually warranted, up to and including their removal from the team, that will happen.  There is already precedent, in fact.  It has happened.

I've had the luxury of working like 80 hours a week the last few weeks (I actually had a 3 day period where my Eve subscription lapsed, which hasn't happened since the Bush presidency) and so I think I'm coming into this with fairly fresh, if slightly bloodshot, eyes. I apologize for the breach in etiquette in responding in a locked thread where others can't then respond in kind, but as far as I can tell - indelicate language aside - this was all handled in the correct way, and the explanations seem consistent with the forum rules. I don't have an issue with locking a mod discussion thread after there isn't more to be said, and of course locking a repost of a locked thread is in the rules as well.

[mod]Once again, if you feel a Moderator has broken a rule or overstepped the mark, do the same as you do for other users. Make reports, send PMs and the usual fare. I know some Moderators are happy to hash this discussion out, but right now this is going downhill fast. An Admin or Mod might decide to unlock this later so we can have another go, but till then go Christmas shopping or something. Thread Locked.[/mod]
Pages: 1 2 [3]