Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Author Topic: [IG News] Quarantine  (Read 2261 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: [IG News] Quarantine
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2017, 00:35 »

Not much info to go off of yet. One thing that struck me was Home Guard showing up when the outbreak (if that's what it is) started at a Zainou facility. Home Guard is KK and Zainou is Ishukone, but of course we don't know what the corporate mix in the rest of the city is.

Muttokon and Oijanen are both low sec, and neither has any stations. Oijanen is also a 0.0 entrance system, Muttokon is 2 jumps from 0.0.

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2017, 01:02 »

I'd be interested in seeing the records of what wormholes appeared in those systems for the days these incidents happened.
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2017, 07:48 »

Not much info to go off of yet. One thing that struck me was Home Guard showing up when the outbreak (if that's what it is) started at a Zainou facility. Home Guard is KK and Zainou is Ishukone, but of course we don't know what the corporate mix in the rest of the city is.

Muttokon and Oijanen are both low sec, and neither has any stations. Oijanen is also a 0.0 entrance system, Muttokon is 2 jumps from 0.0.

Could be bad bad writing.

Also, why is this reading like a zombie apocalypse fiction?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2017, 09:04 »

Is it safe to assume that the Oijanen event started at Muttokon? and that whatever is causing this was transported from one to the other by the crashed frigate?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2017, 15:22 »

Got another one. Amarr space, so seems likely that the next one will be Gallente. Interesting it is a Genolution station, as Genolution is the cluster's leading cloning company and is ofc SoCT owned.

The Efu system is the first infected one with stations. Interestingly 2 of them are SoE.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2017, 11:57 »

Nissui

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2017, 13:08 »

I'll admit that I was hoping for a connection between this series of events and the Sine Wave chronicle. Welp.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2017, 19:36 »

So, looks like it was a fresh batch, unless they are covering up for some sort of screw up with one of the previous breach attempts.

Edit: Also, per Falcon, the reason that Home Guard is there is that the Megacorp paramilitaries rent their services out to the state, so presumably KK was the 'lucky' winner of the bid to cover the quarantine.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2017, 19:41 by Silver Night »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2019, 11:34 »

The appearance of the Kyonoke disease at the same time precursors activity picks up makes me wonder if Kyonoke is the Jovian Disease.

Perhaps it's an offshoot.
You are RPing wrong.