Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Electus Matari lost over 400 members at the start of its war with PIE Inc?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: On Villore  (Read 5587 times)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
Re: On Villore
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jan 2017, 03:46 »

As about twenty site users probably know by now, I have started a fic that is set on Villore. As I am brainstorming the details for chapter 2, I had come to a realisation that I might probably need to name the public transport stations after politicians and would like to ask for advises on how to fabricate Gallente politician names.

Also, I had the idea that the main character will be travelling between districts via Hyperloop train to suggest the scale of the city. However, here's where I realise I might be hitting the plausibility ceiling. Would it be sensible for Libertopolis to have the square kilometers of the Sprawl (from Neuromancer and its sequels)?

Adding on, the Rust District is just a nickname. I need to come up with another Gallente name, preferably a politician's, to use as its official name.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2017, 03:51 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jan 2017, 15:51 »

Hey Elmund, I enjoyed chapter 1 :).

Some thoughts: In terms of the layout of Libertopolis I personally envision a planned Federal District type city (the example that comes to mind is Brasilia). Monuments, official looking gov't buildings, parkways, orderly streets, etc. I think it would be reasonably large but maybe not among the biggest of Federation cities.

As for a name for the Rust District, if I'm to assume Rust refers to Matari immigrants you could go with Josefia Harner who I believe was the Prez during the Minmatar rebellion. Or you could go with Jen Yiona who's presidential reforms included moving the capital to Libertopolis.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #32 on: 27 Jan 2017, 22:40 »

Hey Elmund, I enjoyed chapter 1 :).

Some thoughts: In terms of the layout of Libertopolis I personally envision a planned Federal District type city (the example that comes to mind is Brasilia). Monuments, official looking gov't buildings, parkways, orderly streets, etc. I think it would be reasonably large but maybe not among the biggest of Federation cities.

As for a name for the Rust District, if I'm to assume Rust refers to Matari immigrants you could go with Josefia Harner who I believe was the Prez during the Minmatar rebellion. Or you could go with Jen Yiona who's presidential reforms included moving the capital to Libertopolis.

I had in mind that Rust District was and still is the centre of heavy industries on the planet. However, due to poor PR and everything (you know, towering chimneys of smoke that are really just emitting large plumes of steam), the majority of the locals (other than the most desperate) will not want to live in it. Then the waves of Matari immigrant showed up, found the place to their liking (very cheap housing and the job availability in the factories), and went on to live in it and made the place their own. Now it's all bare ferroconcrete apartments with tribal stylings under the shadow of massive factories.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2017, 00:43 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever
Pages: 1 2 [3]