Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Author Topic: Guess Who  (Read 2510 times)

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
Guess Who
« on: 26 May 2018, 05:15 »

So... I know that at least a few of the old guard are still around who might remember me...

I went down a rabbit hole and rediscovered this place, five years after I bid farewell.  Cue a nostalgia bomb that even prompted me to start rereading ancient IGS threads and reliving Reppy's snark.  Figured I'd say 'hi' to the gang while I was here.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Guess Who
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2018, 06:10 »

Well that's a long time no see. You planning on dragging Morlag from the hellish depths of the Animoo Abyss they have delved into head first like the crazy people they are?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2018, 06:47 »

Reppy! Hiiii  :cube: :cube: :cube:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2018, 17:18 »

Well that's a long time no see. You planning on dragging Morlag from the hellish depths of the Animoo Abyss they have delved into head first like the crazy people they are?

Hah.  Afraid not.  Got no plans of returning to Eve, that part of my life is done, and Additional Latency can do as they please :P I myself get my MMO kicks from Star Trek Online these days.  Although that's losing me by inches as well.

Buuut I did realise that I kind of missed you assholes.  Nice to see two familiar faces <3

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2018, 18:47 »

Well, keep in mind alpha state is free in perpetuity now, so you could always just use Eve as a free chat client, like a lot of people do these days. Of course, this is the path towards depression and cracks in the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses as you realize how terrible everything is, heh.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2018, 03:17 »

I don't want to detract from this being Squeaker's thread, but since I got name-dropped: I'll be active in EVE again when I feel like there's a compelling reason to do so.

Post-AT burnout set in and it set in hard at the end of 2016 on top of a lot of shitty RL situation changes earlier that year that have not improved since then. I hoped going to Fanfest in 2017 would give me a kick in the pants and renew my interest and drive in the game, but despite the absolutely amazing time I had, it unfortunately didn't manage to do the trick. The burnout stuck.

It also did not help that I've been rather put off by CCP's management of a number of issues over the years, as well as the severe emotional drain that dealing with certain individuals became. I won't name any names (I really shouldn't need to, they and to some extent everyone else should damn well know who they are), but I'm still of the firm mind those folks can go fuck themselves, and I'm much happier not having to deal with them anymore.

At the same time: having made the switch to BDO, I am enjoying my gaming time far more than I did in EVE the last year or two I was active here. Black Desert (or Korean Waifu Simulator, your pick) is indeed as grindy as expected of any Korean MMO, but at the same time it does not feel like a job. I found the roleplay community there rather quickly after a regional server merge (at the time I joined, each region had three servers with twelve instances each; I had picked the "Edan" server when the community was on the "Orwen" server), dipped my toes into the water after getting a basic character concept put together, and instantly got myself adopted by a few vets, who I still am close to and play with to this day. They're as much family to me now as a number of people here are or were.

But as I told Reppy on Discord the other day when we got in touch with each other again, the biggest thing to me that says the move away from EVE was the right thing for me is that I am writing outside of RP again. Actively. For people who know me, and followed the writing I posted here on the forums, that is huge. It doesn't take me a whole year to go from start to finish on a piece anymore, like I did with Speechless. I still have a number of EVE pieces in various places that just never got finished. But I'm not finding that problem with my writing in Black Desert. Sometimes I take a couple weeks (currently working on a piece right now that I'm a little stalled on) but most things I write outside of roleplay? They're finished within a couple days of starting. Or even hours, as is sometimes the case.

I'm still poking my head in here every so often to do :modhat: shit, but not posting a ton. Don't have much to contribute most of the time really, except to mock Silas in the Scam Citizen thread. ;)

tl;dr I log in every now and then and will continue to do so. I won't be making much noise when I do, but that doesn't mean I'm not up for RP if people need/want Morwen or another of my faces for something as long as it doesn't conflict with my schedule.

If people want to get in contact with me, there's plenty of ways to do so, including PMs here, Steam, Twitter (@Saerenne), and Discord (ask elsewhere for it). Just don't depend on evemail if you can? Fuck knows how often I check that, now that EVEGate is dead.

Like Reppy, I do miss all y'all. Just not enough to come back to EVE or RP here full-time. Morwen's story is in a pretty good spot. Wouldn't say it's "done," but it's "done enough" that it can be left to stand as it is for the most part.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2018, 12:45 »

Something something weeb something waifu etc.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2018, 16:44 »

I probably don't count as old guard, but it's nice to see you nonetheless  :)
The very model of a British Minmatarian