Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Author Topic: Perspicuity  (Read 1018 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Perspicuity
« on: 15 Aug 2017, 18:16 »

Credit to jameszapata on deviantart for the image

"I often wondered, if you even had the nerve."

"Timeless patience in this maelstrom, and finally you find me. See me, as the others before did. So many. So long ago... I confess disappointment, as the desert spits you out at my feet."

"Broken, beaten, ruined and forgotten, mountain worn down, chewed as bone by beast. Nameless beast? Even now it has broken you so deeply you the words crumble to ash before they even touch your tongue."

"You know me. Nameless. Faceless. Outcast. You know me well, though the cascading ecstasies of eternity have done well to help you forget me."

"If only the memory of your promises carried such weight. Maybe you would have come here sooner, maybe you would be ready. Whole. Instead of the wretch that crawled through the sand pleading for the end."

"It was not so long ago that the end was far, far beyond the horizon, was it not? Not so long ago that you were at the apex, everlasting, all-seeing? What hubris, what heavy hubris. Your landing must have been hard enough to shake the bones of the first mothers."

"And that is where I come in. As a matter of fact. Gaze upon me, lost child. I, I am the monument to your spent hubris."

"That is the beauty of this place. The dust rending the flesh of your being, stripping the soul. See what lay'd beneath. You saw it, for the briefest of moments. You saw it, didn't you? An inestimable storm, the maw of existence."

"And in the eye of that storm you wondered. Saw things, that even the core of your soul would barely even believe. And in the eye of that storm for a fraction of the eternity, you wondered, perhaps even death may die. Such fatal arrogance. But then, what could possibly measure such arrogance in so many lifetimes."

"Yet here you are. An incidental assembly of matter, for all it's might, all it's vision, and moral authority... only now realising it's as defenceless as it's ever been. Apocryphal walls built around it rot and decay, its dominion evaporating in the heat of the crucible."

"But still, here you are... Perhaps you are still strong enough to see what was beyond those walls."

"Perhaps. But this is where the thread of effect splits."

"Die, and fade. Prepare yourself for the beyond or... stand up. Stand and greet causality, stand to look at the undying, un-yielding storm and smile."

"The moment is now. Rest and die, or stand and live. See clearly, and choose wisely"

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
Re: Perspicuity
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2017, 04:15 »

Credit to jameszapata on deviantart for the image

"I often wondered, if you even had the nerve."

"Timeless patience in this maelstrom, and finally you find me. See me, as the others before did. So many. So long ago... I confess disappointment, as the desert spits you out at my feet."

"Broken, beaten, ruined and forgotten, mountain worn down, chewed as bone by beast. Nameless beast? Even now it has broken you so deeply you the words crumble to ash before they even touch your tongue."

"You know me. Nameless. Faceless. Outcast. You know me well, though the cascading ecstasies of eternity have done well to help you forget me."

"If only the memory of your promises carried such weight. Maybe you would have come here sooner, maybe you would be ready. Whole. Instead of the wretch that crawled through the sand pleading for the end."

"It was not so long ago that the end was far, far beyond the horizon, was it not? Not so long ago that you were at the apex, everlasting, all-seeing? What hubris, what heavy hubris. Your landing must have been hard enough to shake the bones of the first mothers."

"And that is where I come in. As a matter of fact. Gaze upon me, lost child. I, I am the monument to your spent hubris."

"That is the beauty of this place. The dust rending the flesh of your being, stripping the soul. See what lay'd beneath. You saw it, for the briefest of moments. You saw it, didn't you? An inestimable storm, the maw of existence."

"And in the eye of that storm you wondered. Saw things, that even the core of your soul would barely even believe. And in the eye of that storm for a fraction of the eternity, you wondered, perhaps even death may die. Such fatal arrogance. But then, what could possibly measure such arrogance in so many lifetimes."

"Yet here you are. An incidental assembly of matter, for all it's might, all it's vision, and moral authority... only now realising it's as defenceless as it's ever been. Apocryphal walls built around it rot and decay, its dominion evaporating in the heat of the crucible."

"But still, here you are... Perhaps you are still strong enough to see what was beyond those walls."

"Perhaps. But this is where the thread of effect splits."

"Die, and fade. Prepare yourself for the beyond or... stand up. Stand and greet causality, stand to look at the undying, un-yielding storm and smile."

"The moment is now. Rest and die, or stand and live. See clearly, and choose wisely"

Great read and thanks for this. Really liked it.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2017, 08:27 »

"Apocryphal walls built around it rot and decay, its dominion evaporating in the heat of the crucible."
3 EVE expansions in a single sentence. Makes me wonder if there are any other references to EVE expansions hidden in the rest of this piece somewhere.
-OOChé

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2017, 18:52 »

Thanks for the feedback, and yes the expansion references were indeed a plant  :twisted:

There's far more hidden meanings in there, but it is meant to be more personal to N'maro, but it does hint what he's been up to.
The very model of a British Minmatarian