Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ahmar Ataru, Ordinary Spaceman  (Read 4125 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Ahmar Ataru, Ordinary Spaceman
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2017, 14:49 »

"And why would it be trouble, Able Spaceman ?" asked a voice. Ahmar and Ihra looked up to see the Engineer Commander in front of them.
"Sir !", said Ihra and Ahmar in unison.
"Sir, I have seen this kind of capsule on a ship before, sir! Smugglers it was, sir !", added Ihra.
"Is that so ?", asked the Engineer Commander.
"Yes sir !"
"And were you authorised to attempt repairs on this pump ?", asked the Engineer Commander, raising an eyebrow.
"No sir, I thought it was a good idea sir, to minimise use of spares, sir"
"That is as may be, Able Spaceman, however discipline must be maintained, and while you were working on that pump, your officer may have required you elsewhere. Suggest actions to your officer, allow him to prioritise your work."
"Yes sir !"
"One week, Paint Ship. Both of you. After we resupply."
"Yes sir"

Later...
"Don't worry Ahmar, we're not literally going to paint the ship."
"Oh, that's a relief."

The Derdainys cruised onwards, to the rendesvous point.
\o/

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jun 2017, 07:46 »

A nice, easy view into 'everyday' ship life, kinda fun and light. I'm curious how many spacemen you imagine are specialized to plumbing within a Cruiser, compared to the ship compliment as a whole. Given that this is pre-capsuleer (right?) I imagine it is a bit body-intensive.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #17 on: 08 Aug 2017, 12:04 »

A nice, easy view into 'everyday' ship life, kinda fun and light. I'm curious how many spacemen you imagine are specialized to plumbing within a Cruiser, compared to the ship compliment as a whole. Given that this is pre-capsuleer (right?) I imagine it is a bit body-intensive.

Quite a lot, I'd figure.

Ships are maintenance nightmares at the best of times, and spaceships have lots and lots of tubes, pipes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing that would need cared for. So, the 'plumbing' section would be fairly large, the other major section being electrics, with the vast amount of electric cabling and apparatus involved, particularly on Amarr ships.

And given a Cruiser's normal kind of mission - long patrols away from ports, then the maintenance section would likely be larger as a proportion, compared to ships whose missions are shorter in duration like battleships, which might sortie only rarely.
\o/
Pages: 1 [2]