Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How to make money by not missioning, trading, mining, manufacturing...  (Read 9004 times)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain

Scavenging.  Follow the violence and npc'ers.  Use a blockade runner or a specially-fit cruiser.  Fun+profit.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

1. Find corp full of rich carebears and wardec them, offer them a billion isk to drop the dec, with the cost to drop increasing by 1 bil every week that they don't pay it. Make them aware of this, also make them aware you fully intend to keep the dec up until they pay or you run their corp into the ground. They almost always pay.

2. Find highsec research pos owned by a 1 man corp, wardec corp, blow up pos, steal labs, sell them.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Nice suggestions :3

I am thinking of PI a bit as it is not as dire as other forms of industry from the outset...lots can be RP'd too...how much does it earn relative to lvl4 missions and the like?

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain

Nice suggestions :3

I am thinking of PI a bit as it is not as dire as other forms of industry from the outset...lots can be RP'd too...how much does it earn relative to lvl4 missions and the like?

Garbage, in comparison.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

PI is good for RP or to support other operations (e.g. POS fuel or construction). It's not a primary income basis.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

There are a couple of things that are profiatable in PI, not many.

Plasma and Lava planets can be used to create certain commodities which will be used in abundance on t2 construction. Those should be a decent, albeit not incredible income. Unless of course everyone is manufacturing those same items.

Oxidizing components are also in high demand, which i haven't discovered exactly why.

Hamish Grayson

I understand NPC tags from FW plexes make good money.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

Oxidizing compounds can only be harvested from gas giants. As the economy of the system isn't developed yet, the price of things is governed by emotions. Who the hell does pump oxidizing components from a gas giant when you can mine precious metals from lava planets, hell yeah!

...except that supply and demand still do work. Any of the "available only at a specific type of a planet" materials should sell well. These are silicon (lava), industrial fibers (terrestial) and oxidizing compounds (gas). Might have forgotten one. On advanced products, whatever is used in T2 or POS fuel.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette

1. Find corp full of rich carebears and wardec them, offer them a billion isk to drop the dec, with the cost to drop increasing by 1 bil every week that they don't pay it. Make them aware of this, also make them aware you fully intend to keep the dec up until they pay or you run their corp into the ground. They almost always pay.

2. Find highsec research pos owned by a 1 man corp, wardec corp, blow up pos, steal labs, sell them.
If they are amarrian or in amarr space I'll help.  *grins*

Personally I find missioning w/ two people or getting into active RP while doing it to be my cup of tea.  Missioning aint so bad really.

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition

My greatest asset has been my ability not to lose said assets.

But for RP's sake, I need to be more wreckless. I can afford to lose t1 cruisers t2 fiitted over and over for an extended time, but that's not making full use of Mebs epic combat ship use skill list.

The thing is, if I start using moar t2 ships and, being a returney, losing them to silly mistakes again, I'm gonna start running into serious financial issues. Doesn't help as well that I've fallen below my sacred 1/4bill (a pun on the quarter gill, a drinks measure) safety net since buying a plex to play.

I think I need to take a leaf outta Niki's book, but haven't had the chance to fly highsec for so long  :yar:

Currently, I do level 3 missions for various factions:
Blood Raiders (annoying cause their agents are in delve)
Sisters of Eve (annoying cause they're spread out in the cluster epically)
Khanid Navy (annoying cause they often involve missions to shoot blood raiders, which I naturally decline)

There are others, but I haven't used many in ages and have lost access to one or two factions. But missioning is sooooo boring.

I'm tempted to go back to piracy, but I'm such a nub that I'd have embarrassed Verone on how nubby I was. Besides, I'm looking to dec hisec RP targets too and don't really crave the outlaw lifestyle atm as my pvp skillz are not as 1337 as they used to be.

So... what's the laziest ways to make isk that aren't mindnumbing like missioning?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

So... what's the laziest ways to make isk that aren't mindnumbing like missioning?

laziest way tbh is just buying plexes. But since your paying with plexes I'll assume your financial situation is a bit like mine which would make that hard. If you like pvp, the wardec option works really well.

also, the generic trade window scams actually work rather well, just takes a bit of patience, good timing, and your RealLife™ Social Engineering skill at, at least 2, and your Bluffing Skill at 4
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Kazzzi

• Egger

I approve of this message

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist

How many people do you need in your corp to make this a reality, or a viable option?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Du'uma Fiisi did it with less than five people in our largest fleet against the corps we targeted. Of course, we didn't do POS bashing, but territory denial and constantly hounding their carebears will cause more tears than a POS bash. More personal.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette

Du'uma Fiisi did it with less than five people in our largest fleet against the corps we targeted. Of course, we didn't do POS bashing, but territory denial and constantly hounding their carebears will cause more tears than a POS bash. More personal.

That was epic - got a scared noob to sell us their member list for 10 mil - we had a hay day with that.  Good times.

Pages: 1 [2] 3