Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How to make money by not missioning, trading, mining, manufacturing...  (Read 9002 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Yesterday, some FDU comrades rallied me to a plex in a system that wasn't really under threat. It was a Dominix, triple webbed fit and...well, not how I would normally fit a Domi. I feel in neut range in my Cynabal, and proceeded to be slowly raped and lost the ship. I was pretty emo and mopey afterwards. Today, I lost my Hurricane in similar circumstances. A non-critical plex, against two damn drakes that had me long pointed...I sucked pretty hard in that fight anyway, but was still emo afterwards due to previous loss.

Anyway, I need ISK. I hate missioning. I fall asleep and need to have a nap after just one mission. I can't stand industry or mining. I have zero patience for it, as for trade. I just want to blow stuff up.

In fact, Rhea was brilliantly skilled for industry. I sold her for 3.5bil even so, and I have now no longer have that money, with no long-term investments from it (I had HG slaves, but lost it my warping to a Sansha carrier at zero in a Nemesis -.-). So, now, I'm stuck and befuzzled what to do to make ISKies.

I'd rather not sell PLEXes, as I'd like to keep my money for RL stuff, but does anyone have any ideas? Alternative ways to mission, for example? FW missions i CBB with either, because I have to sell the LP items and I don't want to bother with selling. Lyris Nairn said that the whole Domi omnitank w/ salvage afterwards is now superflous, and it's best to DPS fit your mission boats to blitz all of them...

But yeah, any suggestions? I just cbb with the mundane things to earn ISK lol. I just want ships to blow shit up with.

Thanks for anyone who can suggest, this has my EVE motivation down.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain

Exploration can be fun. Hit or miss on the lucrativity scale though.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

Datacores?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Datacores are good but require missioning to reach the high-level agent. And even then, the income isn't OMG awesome.

Let's see. You've immediately ruled out most of the higher-income professions. Research and exploration, maybe, or farming FW missions (despite your displeasure with missioning) for selling LP store items.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

Scamming, ofc.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

I make a *lot* (Just made my first Billion, in fact) through daytrading. Considering I have middling market skills (Started a month ago) and at present only update orders 1-2 times a day, I'd say that's fairly good for ISK.

Casiella

• Demigod

Scamming, ofc.

For those with the OOC ability to pull this off (I'm not one of them :( ), this makes a LOT of ISK.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain

Scamming, ofc.

For those with the OOC ability to pull this off (I'm not one of them :( ), this makes a LOT of ISK.

I've actually pondered making an alt just for this purpose. There's some pretty sweet wtb plex scams that I hear work pretty well... >.>

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

I made my market alt intending to try scamming. Then I realized normal trading would make me way more.

Still, if you don't *want* to do trading...

Casiella

• Demigod

Be careful with PLEX scams. Generally speaking, those will get you banned (unlike normal scams).

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

I'm gonna have to go with exploration too, since you asked for alternatives to missioning. Find yourself a nice unexploited backwater of lowsec and just run signatures. Maybe anomalies too if you run out of sigs. Plus, chance of delicious faction/deadspace lewts from expeditions.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain

Be careful with PLEX scams. Generally speaking, those will get you banned (unlike normal scams).

Huh, even the one that causes people to get tricked into selling a plex for 300k isk, then turning around and selling it on the market for its 300m value?

That would be pretty lame if people got banned because someone else wasn't reading the wtb contracts very closely.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

Once they're items, they are fair game so far as I know.

Casiella

• Demigod

I'd have to go back and dig up the statements, but I recall quite clearly that actively scamming with PLEX was stated as a bannable offense.

Now, making a mistake and selling for 10^3 lower seems like poor decision making rather than actual scamming :)

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

Ransoms \o/ Oh wait...

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: [1] 2 3