Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Did you know:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Author Topic: Business As Usual  (Read 459 times)

The Narrator

• Clonejack
Business As Usual
« on: 19 Jan 2017, 00:12 »

Business As Usual

IMAGE SOURCE: SELF DRAWN

Prologue

Spoiler (hover to show)

IMAGE SOURCE

Chapter One

Spoiler (hover to show)

Event Log

IMAGE SOURCE

Chapter Two

Spoiler (hover to show)

Event Log

IMAGE SOURCE

Chapter Two, Continued

Spoiler (hover to show)

Event Log

IMAGE SOURCE

Chapter 3

Spoiler (hover to show)

Event Log

IMAGE SOURCE

Chapter 4

Scheduled meetings had come and gone, petty interruptions had been dealt with, and most business had been concluded. That is, all except for the most important and delicate of situations. The man frowned, fingers adjusting the cuffs of his jacket in a movement of annoyance; the report was scheduled for precisely two minutes and twenty seconds ago, and he'd be damned if someone was going to waste his time like this. Just as he brought up his holodisplay, however, there was a knock at his office door.

"Enter," he said cooly, bringing his hands back away from the computer and at rest on the desk.

It was, of course, the late employee. They bowed immediately upon entering, though kept low in the bow as they began to speak.

"Sir. I...have the update you requested," the younger Civire began, though his tone suggested reluctance to reveal the information that was requested.

The older man, a Deteis, himself, raised a brow. "And? You've already wasted three minutes of my time. Continue to waste more and you'll find yourself unemployed."

The Civire swallowed hard and quickly spoke again, relaying what details he'd gathered. "There are reports that members of I-RED have gone missing. We received word specifically about a situation in Perimeter. A personnel member there told us he was paid off to look the other way while an...altercation took place." He paused, glancing to his superior.

"Continue," he said, the annoyance he'd felt only increasing.

"It was between the Internal Watch and Sakala and his men. There were some deaths, but the most peculiar part is that apparently Sakala took a member of the Internal Watch and one of I-RED's Directors. We do not have their location."

"I see. If I-RED was stupid enough to have one of their Directors there, then it's their own fault. If they can't protect their own, then they deserve what fate awaits them." Nevertheless, he could feel a slight tint of anger rising. This was not what he and Sakala had agreed upon. "And what of the other matter?"

"Sir..."

At the hesitation from the Civire, he rose from his desk and strode across the room. As the light fully illuminated his face, the greying hair and wrinkles of age became more apparent. On top of it all, the increasing frustration with his personnel was reflected on his face by creases of his brow and a stern, cold look. It was all it took, and the young man sputtered out the rest.

"The mission failed. Our operatives say she was captured."

"Excuse me?"

"Sh-she...the Internal Watch has her. That's all we have been able to determine."

Turning his back to the young personnel member, he closed his eyes and gripped his fists at his sides. It took him a number of moments to swallow his rage. When he finally did, he stepped back to his desk and sat, bringing his holodisplay up. Passing no glance to the Civire within his office, he spoke.

"I have doubts she will talk. But I also doubted that those I hired would be pitiful enough to fail me. Find a way to end it before she gets the chance to speak. I don't care what it takes. Fail me, and regret it. Now get out."

"B-...sir..."

"Get. Out."

There was no more hesitation, and as soon as the words were spoken, the Civire immediately left.

With fingers swiping across the display, a flicker of a comms channel soon came into being. Sakala, the treacherous man that he was, soon appeared on the video feed, his trademark smirk on his face.

Though the old man kept his calm, his words were thick with displeasure. "Sakala. We need to talk."

Event Log 1: Agiri and Wren

Event Log 2: Toroko and Julianni

Spoiler: OOC (hover to show)
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2017, 18:00 by The Narrator »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Business As Usual
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2017, 01:41 »

Intriguing!  :D

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2017, 00:39 »

Chapter One has concluded.

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2017, 19:02 »

Chapter Two has concluded.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 06 Feb 2017, 19:04 »

Sad story is sad.

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb 2017, 19:19 »

Guess you could say Hikan is all...

Washed up.

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2017, 17:33 »

Chapter 2.5 completed.

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2017, 20:27 »

Chapter 3 has concluded.

The Narrator

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2017, 18:01 »

Chapter 4 concluded. Stay tuned for Chapter 5, which will be completed very soon.