General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Minecraft EvE Online RP Server? [Has It Been Done]

(1/2) > >>

Quincyy:
Hello everyone!

Recently I have been getting into the lore of Eve Online, and being a laid back minecrafter [since the days of alpha], I remember seeing discussions how EvE roleplay does not have a way to meet face to face as a capsuleer.

I also know the player base of EvE tends to be higher, but that's never stopped me from playing Minecraft, albeit avoiding some servers.

Anyways, I know many of you here have been around for a long time, and was wondering if anything like this had been tried before?  Due to the limitations of Minecraft, I had several ideas about how work it into the "lore". This included it being a retreat where capsuleers can "relive the days of our ancestors" by using rudimentary technology. At the same time, this would allow people to meet face to face (although in far less detail), build monuments and designs based around the EvE lore base.  The server I'm renting also allows to have several servers seemlessly hooked together, so in a way, I could have a portal system to various planets, each centered around a specific faction.

Just spit balling ideas. Anyways, thanks for checking this out.
~Q

Aria Jenneth:
Reasonably sure it's never been done before. I think the closest has been a certain amount of out-of-game text-chat via Slack and so on.

Elmund Egivand:
Why not Space Engineer?

Vikarion:

--- Quote from: Elmund Egivand on 02 Jan 2017, 19:27 ---Why not Space Engineer?

--- End quote ---

I love Space Engineers, but the multiplayer is said to be buggy and laggy as hell.

Arnulf Ogunkoya:
For that "Clear Skies" vibe why not Gary's Mod of Half Life 2?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version