Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Kickstarting Caldari RP....or how we remade the Heiian College channel  (Read 8048 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.

So yeah...as stated I decided to try to remake the Heiian College channel since it is a bit out of date and Dex...to my knowledge doesn't play anymore.

The channel will be called Heiian Institute, and is currently open.
We'll call this a soft opening while we try to get more mods than myself and John Revenent.
Any interested parties please let one of us know here or in game.
Official IC post on IGS soon to follow.

Also working on recreating the Heiian Society and a few other things as well.
Same thing with interested parties in any of that goodness :D

Yes I do suck at posting...but hope this gets the point across.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Join up! Get involved!

No more complaining that Caldari RP is dead, lets do something about it! Yeah! More exclamation marks!!!!!!11!1

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I shall wibble on over tomorrow!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

I joined!  :yar:

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver

I enjoy exclamation marks also!

(join the channel, for the glory of the State!)
I exist sometimes.

Miyoshi Akachi

• Wetgraver

I joined the channel too  :D

Jev North

• Egger

Endorsing this product and/or service, with minimal sarcasm.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Turelus

• [UTSEC]
  • Clonejack

Sweet, I will jump in right now. I get a bit lonely in Heiian College channel all on my own.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog

Very nice to see :)

Sadly got alot of irl work and might not be as active I want to be.

And yes Dex dont play anymore, only spoked with him of FB on occasions.

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET

\o/
Good initiative

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

*plants State Protectorate flag*

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

I'm gonna necro this thread to point out that actual RP doesn't seem to have actually happened out of this initiative. I'm still RPing in the same, small, circles that I have been for years - barring the new Drifter stuff.

How do we defeat the problem of Caldari RP tending to happen within certain corporate or political silos?

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

Are there other Caldari channels around besides the ones mentioned above?

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista

I'm gonna necro this thread to point out that actual RP doesn't seem to have actually happened out of this initiative. I'm still RPing in the same, small, circles that I have been for years - barring the new Drifter stuff.

How do we defeat the problem of Caldari RP tending to happen within certain corporate or political silos?

One thing I believe to have observed and tends to happen not only with some other games I play/have played but also EVE is that for a lot of factions similar to the State, it seems to be a very intensive sort of vetting process that can burn a lot of people out very, very, very quickly.

RPing as a Federal has really shined the light on how many fucking people don't read lore, or disregard lore, or simplify lore or have lore simplified to them. I imagine this problem persists with the Caldari side of things, too; many people simply try to RP as specific corp-loyal, not knowing fun specifics or ramifications behind the megacorporation they supposedly pledge under, and that seems to generate a lot of friction...? Maybe? A similar problem lies with the ignorance of said lore, too: I've spoken with a lot of newbeans who think that a lot of the Cal RP has to be megacorp related. Seriously.

To me, I could probably never manage RPing a Caldari. Rather, a State loyal one. From seeing how things are discussed on the forums, how allegiances are touted about or critiqued... I don't know, I've been RPing around here for years and have a lot of people who enjoy me and I'm still intimidated by the fucking concept of trying to keep up with a lot of the more experienced Statespeople.

I've even heard the light-hearted term thrown about of the "Professional Arguers."
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

The biggest thing you (the collective "you") can do to kickstart Caldari RP is to do things out in space.  Obviously, I'm trying a new approach with Faded Light, and you have the traditional FacWar loyalist corps and organizations out there.  Apart from I-RED, in whatever state it's currently in, and the Heiian Conglomerate, I'm not really sure what other groups there are out there that serve to draw people interested in Caldari RP into their fold.  Arataka, perhaps?  Depends on whether Makoto and co. view it more as a Caldari or multinational group, I guess.

To that end, engage with each other on the forums, in-game, and try to bring fresh blood into the fold.  Don't be an asshole to the new people, don't hit them with a wall of lore and tell them to "memorize it by Saturday"... just be flexible, make RP fun for them, and do things in space.  Do this, and I'll bet that good things will come from it.

As an aside, I've been quite enjoying the thread on the IGS for Faded Light, at least until the last page or so.  There was genuinely interesting back-and-forth between people on different sides, assumptions challenged, and all that.  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2017, 16:21 by Sakura Nihil »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4