Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Games that Capsuleers Play  (Read 4381 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
Re: Games that Capsuleers Play
« Reply #15 on: 28 Nov 2016, 18:01 »

Maria has played "Mindclash" with various people, RP modeled on Magic the Gathering with eve flavor and assumed holos on a board for more action.

As for Luna, she'd definitely be entertained by any game similar to Crusader Kings or Civ.  I do sometimes play IC as Amarr in Civ V with Isabella which has resulted in some entertaining games with other eve folks
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2016, 18:03 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #16 on: 28 Nov 2016, 19:06 »

Samira tends to do VR holonovels, which I treat as being more or less like Star Trek holodecks in breadth (but as a mental state of consciousness rather than physical holographic projections).

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Virtual_entertainment
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2016, 19:08 by Samira Kernher »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #17 on: 28 Nov 2016, 20:23 »

I'm curious whether somebody created an OOG version of Mindclash while I was gone?

Nissui

« Reply #18 on: 28 Nov 2016, 22:09 »

Conquest is an IC thing too. CCP showed it when they were working on WiS.
link

We can do this.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #19 on: 29 Nov 2016, 21:08 »

Elmund plays the Eve equivalent of Vidya Gaems (now with Simsense!).

No explicit content beyond great violence though. Especially prefer roleplaying and turn-based strategy games. Sometimes plays Conquest (which I take it is like Risk played on a Star Wars Chess table on the Millenium Falcon) but isn't very good at it. Especially since he was kind of goaded into playing the game quite recently and found that it is kind of fun.

Yes, he does play PnP (or the Datapad equivalent) RPGs. Every weekend evening with staff (from engineering, administrative and janitorial), though very few of the people he shares the table with even knows he is a capsuleer.

He is a lousy DM. Emphasises too much on mechanics and math and absolutely awful at actually crafting interesting plotlines. Sworn enemy of rule-benders. The last time he DMed he looked at the rulebook and said, "The math sucks" and brought a damage graph into the game. He even rewrote entire rules based on ballistic mechanics (Number of dice to roll is based entirely on how far away the target is and the velocity and mass of projectile. He even had the graphs for every ranged weapon and projectile type used in the RPG). The puzzles require some knowledge of calculus to solve too.

Luckily his players at the time were all engineers. The campaign went nowhere. Everyone argued over the math until the end of the session.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2016, 02:51 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Nov 2016, 07:52 »

The campaign went nowhere. Everyone argued over the math until the end of the session.

To be fair, I'm quite convinced that this is the normal progression of most tabletop RPGs....
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 30 Nov 2016, 14:04 »

The campaign went nowhere. Everyone argued over the math until the end of the session.

To be fair, I'm quite convinced that this is the normal progression of most tabletop RPGs....

I once played D&D with some physics phd students. Two rounds into the first fight they ran off to get a chalkboard to debate how a "reverse gravity" spell should "really" affect things. We never finished that fight.

As Morwen mentioned, Karmilla plays holo-games in her free time. I think she also once played a chess-based drinking game with Ashar Kor-Azor.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 30 Nov 2016, 14:47 »

I remember once spending an entire D&D session discussing the physics of shooting arrows at something flying 300 feet directly above the players.  :bash:

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2016, 14:50 »

I've had a couple of players realize some of the (mithril and adamantium) dungeon fixtures were worth more than any of the treasure in it could be, and set up a salvage and processing operation instead.

They'd probably make very rich capsuleers.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2016, 15:47 »

I've had a couple of players realize some of the (mithril and adamantium) dungeon fixtures were worth more than any of the treasure in it could be, and set up a salvage and processing operation instead.

"Forget the dragon, strip the walls!" Some time later Erglthagrednas the drake steps into his gate-room to find only a single nail hanging from the wall as an increadibly puzzled look comes across his face.
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 30 Nov 2016, 17:11 »

Or your average Elder Scrolls player.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #26 on: 01 Dec 2016, 04:09 »

Veik plays a variety of first person shooters while in pod, so she can rack up ridiculous kdr because she has assisted pattern recognition systems and nanosecond reaction times.

She'll also play a variety of MMO and find and new and creative ways to poke fun at roleplaying communities in them that have a difficult time differentiating the OOC/IC divide and has variously been accused of being a far-right Blaquist; an anti-Udorian racist from the Kingdom; a Vherokior man from the Republic who believes in Orthodox Amarrian religion; and a Civire/Brutor homosexual man.

Often accused of being a troll and/or an edgelord few recognize that she plays Devil's Advocate in such communities to better understand and construct bias and prejudices contrary to her own beliefs because they're too busy being triggered in an apoplectic fit.

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 02 Dec 2016, 08:37 »

So.. not exactly a game, but as a hobby or sport... there is Gravboarding (much like snowboarding but with snow optional) in Origin.

alexylva.webnode.com/origin-stories See 'Lover' for a minor reference.
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #28 on: 02 Dec 2016, 22:42 »

There are also capsuleers who doesn't play games and are not interested in them in the slightest.  She considers sports and really any non-educational or artistic hobby a waste of time.

All of you should have grown out of silly things like mindclash as children!  D:<

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #29 on: 04 Dec 2016, 00:48 »

There are also capsuleers who doesn't play games and are not interested in them in the slightest.  She considers sports and really any non-educational or artistic hobby a waste of time.

All of you should have grown out of silly things like mindclash as children!  D:<

What about sports that could easily go under the heading of training (but where the 'training' is enhanced by the competitive aspect)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3