Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 836 times)

Ibzan

• Clonejack
Hello!
« on: 24 Nov 2016, 15:47 »

Hello there! I'm new here and fairly new to EVE altogether. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the whole Alpha Clone aspect pulled be into finally trying the game and until now I'm enjoying it. All that I feel is missing from an even better experience for myself in some neat sci-fi roleplay.

I also wanted to know if there are some fun roleplay-focused corps. Not quite sure what I personally want to do in-game yet, so what the corp is focused on doing is open. :D

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2016, 19:26 »

Welcome! Always excited for new RP friendly newbros.  8)

As for corps, there are several grwat options depending on what sort of corners of New Eden you want to play in. Some are more Race specific or Faction War specific, while some require you to dedicate yourself more to a specific part of space like null-sec or wormhole space.

I recomend taking a look at the announcement thread of this forum as you are thinking about what parts of the game you enjoy.

Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Ibzan

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2016, 16:39 »

Many thanks! Any specific corporations you might suggest for a newbie alpha? I've looked through the list you have on the forum, but it's pretty difficult to choose, personally! At the moment, I really do just want to learn and get mixed in with the community. :P

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2016, 16:46 »

Well. The first question would be what race did you pick? That determines the sort of society your character grew up in, and that formed their opinions.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ibzan

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2016, 18:03 »

Gallente. I mostly looked through the Gallente, Criminal, and other corporations.

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2016, 08:22 »

Well, ALXVP is recruiting, however wormhole life isn't for everyone and for Alpha's its even more restrictive.

I don't know as many Gallente RP corps but I bet there is a Faction war one out there.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Nissui

« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2016, 12:58 »

Just pulling from foggy banks of memory here...

While I cannot speak for them, there are a few pilots who I believe might be open to an evemail on the topic of corp recruitment. For Federation loyalist corps, Aedre Lafisques or Xun Yu may have leads. For Intaki, check in with Bataav. For Serpentis, try contacting Joshua Foiritain. Their corps will likely have public-facing OOC channels you can join as well... could be a quicker way to get in touch.

Bear in mind that they may have their own regulations with regard to Alphas, beyond the skillpoint restriction. Good luck!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2016, 13:03 »

Try Federation OOC - there'll be people who can direct you to corps there.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jan 2017, 10:52 »

Welcome Backstage.
-OOChé