Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Author Topic: I believe I am an Nth Dinemsional Being, My Introduction  (Read 1390 times)

molovian

• Clonejack
    • Eve Gate Molovian Twilight

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Molovian Twilight and I believe that I am an Nth Dimensional Being - I like to think that at least a part of me exists outside of this reality even if it is only part of my consciousness, if not my current physical form, but you only see three dimensions of me at a time. That is to say that I believe that we are not living in a real reality and I feel that I am connected, at some level, to other realities.  I am always on the lookout for more like me or of my kind or that share my beliefs, if you know of any like me then getting us together would be appreciated.

My current thought is that I am looking to explore this reality to find my place in it. Not being much into combat I find myself drifting towards the more subtle aspects of life. Ultimately I am looking to get in on the action of the universe wherever that may be, though often words are more powerful than ships especially in the realm of entertainment, which is one of my interests and is a perfect arena for social engineering of which I am not opposed to getting involved with. So if you have something that needs done let me know and I'll see if it fits with my idea of what I might want to do with my life, that is compatible with my lifestyle.

I have also considered joining the corp life if I can find one that is of interest to my life choices and wants, so if you have some pointers in ones I might look at based on this message, my introduction, I would be interested in hearing about them. Some of the qualities I am looking for in a corp are that it has something to do with entertainment(not mandatory but a bonus) and is well connected to the goings on of the universe as I want to find the action of the universe wherever that may end up being. That it is exploration heavy and that it has a mysterious air about it with mysterious denizens of some sort or mystical types, and/or that it attracts intellectuals to it so that the discussions are interesting. If it has a connection to the Society of Conscious Thought and/or the Jovians that would be even better. I am not that much into combat but might participate from time to time so it should have a good non combat focus with optional PvP. It should be newbie helpful and friendly as I am still getting familiar with things though not necessarily a newbie corp as I don't think they will support my other requirements.

I have found that I am interested in the Society of Conscious Thought and the Jovians in general as well as anyone with a more mystical or fantastical or mysterious background as well as intellectuals for interesting discussions and being pointed in their direction would also be appreciated either to find them or get tips on how I might get noticed by them so that they might enjoy my company. I am also looking for a Mentor, a guide that will help me find my way in the world taking into account my lifestyle interests. If you find you have the time to guide someone I would love to hear from you. As always I am interested in hearing about interesting things that are going on as I find goings on fascinating.

But tending toward a more scientific or a scholarly type of being, I always find myself on the lookout for interesting technologies or any mysteries or anything sufficiently mysterious, of the realities that I visit, so that I might learn of them and explore them - I am always interested in seeing the sights; so if you have heard about any mysterious goings on or interesting places to visit or interesting technologies to get I would love to hear about them, especially as I am likely to search them out and find a way to bring them to society.

One of my current beliefs is that we are all being altered on a conscious and subconscious level and that it partially masks our true essence; so that when we find our way out of this reality, for those of us who exist partially outside of it, or for when we enter other realities we take the changes to us with us. For what reason this is being done I am not sure but I sense it always where I go.

I can and will only offer my friendship to you for any assistance you may offer to me but I believe that that will be beneficial to you in the long run plus I tend to run across good beings in my travels that are always worth knowing - My serendipity is strong. Having said that I am always on the lookout for more friends or any interesting people to meet, though I am picky about who I become friends with as I look for more compatible types to maintain a friendship with, I do have many levels of friends so lets meet and see if we are able to form at least an acquaintance if not a full blown friendship. I have a particular interest in meeting a celebrity soulmate woman or two, which I believe is in my destiny and am always on the lookout to find her or them. I would also like to get to participate with the more "polite folks" and go to their parties and try to get involved with them in general, though I don't imagine I will ever not slum it from time to time as I like to keep the pulse of the people though but I hope you don't hold that against me.

I do find that coincidences tend to happen to me quite often and I am told that many times those who have a close association with me find that coincidences tend to happen to them more often they start to experience an awakening where they start to see what is real. For a long time I did not see what was happening but one day I awoke and not only started to understand more about what was real but more possibilities and I also started to remember what had already happened in my life and was surprised that I did not see it all along as it was going on for my whole life.

If you are looking to contact me you can do so by posting here in this message or via private messages or on my Non Corp Virtual Club where the public area of it is located at TheVIPRoom channel though there are more private rooms associated with that room, for more discreet discussions.

Also note that I do not have voice chat only text so if you require voice chat then you have been warned.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2016, 06:55 by molovian »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: I believe I am an Nth Dinemsional Being, My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2016, 12:03 »

Hello. This is the OOC section by the way. Or do you really, really feel you are an Nth Dimensional Being?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

molovian

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2016, 16:31 »

Well, I wanted to introduce my character somewhere for the RP players and wasn't sure the best place to do so so I decided to place it here, as far as this forum is concerned.  I have posted it in other places but was led to this forum as a place to meet others who might be interested in meeting my character. 

As far as me and my beliefs.  I tend to make characters that are who I would want to be like in the  world that I am playing so they tend to share some of my beliefs and one of them is that we could be  living in a game or simulation and that we could be linked to a reality beyond this one.  So in that sense I could easily be an Nth dimensional being as my character believes. 

But as far as me and my intro.  I used to play eve a long time ago and did not find anything interesting to keep me entertained but then they got Alpha Clones and I decided to give it a go again and see what happens and decide if it is interesting enough to me to become omega again. 

So here I am looking to see what I can see and I thought the best way to do that and ask for help was to post my character intro and see if anyone had some ideas to point me in interesting directions. 

« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2016, 16:52 by molovian »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2016, 17:05 »

Fair enough. Just be prepared for a lot of off-hand comments about your character's use of boosters IC from various folks.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

molovian

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2016, 18:42 »

Thanks for the advice - I do find it interesting that in real life people are much more tolerant of divergent beliefs than in games and eve has a bit tougher player base than alot of other games but I do have high hopes of finding interesting people to meet and I am used to putting up with the abuse IC. 

I find in games it is always hard to find others to play with, especially IC, so I tend to tailor my characters to try to find people to play with that meet my goals and to find those with whom I would enjoy playing with, that is the ultimate goal if you are into playing with others -  to meet the people whom you would enjoy :-)  Not that much different than in life.

Of course I am always open to suggestions on finding compatible others.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2016, 18:46 by molovian »

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2016, 08:30 »

Greetings Molovian and welcome!

Speaking for myself I can really understand that wish to play a character who has at least some of my beliefs and while I have no qualms about an Nth dimensional being, years of RPing with Q in a Star Treck chat-sims has taught me that RP with a character who has few physical or existential limits can be VERY hard for the other party. This RP angle can also really limit your ability to get pulled into the 'world' as you always have that one proverbial foot out the door into the nth dimension. I'm not knocking it, just want to make sure you are aware of how difficult others may find it to RP opposite such a character.

'Life' in ALXVP is full of 'truths' one has to accept outside of the standard New Eden cannon such as the sentience of AI, the physical/psychological possibility of multipling (many independent clones representing a single being), and that a colony could seriously hope to maintain control on all traffic in and out of a system, prevent anyone from knowing 'where' the entrances and exits are, all while maintaining a vibrant merchant marine.  Again, accepting these tenants of a story allow us to have some seriously fun RP, but sometimes it can be rough for newer members to figure out how their characters come to terms with these things. By proposing an nth dimensional character you are asking anyone who RPs with you to accept certain tenants of physics and ability and that can be very scary for a player when they might struggle to understand what that might mean for their character or how to interact. It is CERTIANLY possible, it just means that you will have to be patient with other players who may choose to 'steer clear' of your character during social situations.

My recommendation: Have your character find at least a shell of a New Eden life to inhabit. Try to 'experience' the world as though one of those born into it. Keep your true existence veiled, at least for now, and resist the urge to fall back on it if you can. You can pretty much assume that most extra-dimensional abilities would be immediately met with distrust and confusion in character (because that's what would be most likely to happen anyway) and be careful about using them in Amarr company where they could be seen as the kind of heresy that gets you deaded.

Look for something that would keep your character invested in the world, be it a relationship, curiosity about some facet of single-dimensional life, or  a desire to free others from this oppressive linearity (without showing them that they are doomed to such a life). That way, you'll have a motivation for not simply leaving the dimension AND it might even give you good common ground for RP with other characters and allow other players to feel that your character is grounded enough to feel safe RPing with.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

molovian

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2016, 22:44 »

Xepharious, thanks for the advice and welcoming me.  I definitely have some hard choices to make regarding how I want to approach things.  Everything I and my character does is not just RP but a metagame for me, having said that I want to find a way to make my way with others so I have to decide the best approach.  I have RP'd in Pen and Paper role playing games for a very long time and have some minor experience with Mud RP back in the day but am relatively new to MMO RP so am still learning.  I have had some successes and failures in MMO RP over the short time I have tried to get involved with it. 

My dilemma is that I am not that interested in RP'ing a basic character; I am easily bored.  I like to RP one that is special and has special qualities and a special life path so I try to work the best angle I can and still be relatable and get involved.  Plus I am more interested in the mysteries that eve presents in its lore but we shall see if I can get involved with those mysteries.  That is one of the reasons I use believe alot in my intro as it leaves it up to mystery and I could try to work the mystic angle of it all or sort of a Guerilla Ontologist with shades of Philip K Dick.  I try to leave my options open without sounding so crazy that I can't get involved in the high level arena of eve and in the interesting stuff of the universe or with others, but I still want the special groove to my character. 

I am working the angle that, for reasons unknown, he was born to this reality and for the time being stuck in it living as best he can but still having the belief of his existence, which has been revealed to him already in his life(in this reality) and he has seen stuff that makes him believe it more, but he is still skeptical, though he still has inclinations that come from his other worldly link or so he believes, we shall have to see how it all reveals itself to me once I start to interact with others.  It is all about making choices and in interacting with others the choices often reveal themselves to us so I will have to play it by ear and see what happens.  I often RP better once I am in the groove of it and have some time to absorb what the RP is like in any particular game and as I RP with others so I get more into it as I get the lay of the land.  The hard part is how to get the lay of the land and meet others as eve is big and getting started and involved seems like a big task, especially as to not be a basic character but I will try for a while as I explore and see what I get involved in and who I meet.  Maybe I will attract more than I expect :-) 

Ultimately I feel RP should be an exploration.  You define some parameters to show goals and give others openings to start with you, generally showing others what kind of direction you are looking to take without being too obvious, and after that you see who you meet and what your interactions are and how your personal story evolves as you make choices and see where things go.  Hopefully you end up meeting others who can evolve your story with you in ways you find acceptable and interesting so that they can see how they might incorporate you into existing stuff with the idea that you can still add value to the RP by being able to add your own flair and stuff.

Cheers,
molovian

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2016, 07:59 by molovian »

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2016, 09:51 »

Hi Molovian.

I'll get in touch with you in game cause you seem to be interested in a lot of the same stuff as me.

I don't know if you'd want to join my corp, or if I really want anyone to join it just yet, as for the moment it is just me and not really in the thick of things as you say (I just do research and manufacture of cloaking tech out in NPC nullsec), but I know a fair bit about exploration so if you need a mentor for that I would be happy to help.

My character is a spiritual seeker because I am too and that's something that I can get interested in, especially with the different spiritual belief systems in EVE. I'm interested in the metaphysical realities in the world and in the game world (and I think the game is a great place to explore aspects of myself). I'm very interested in the Jove/Sleeper/Drifter connection and that's something I spend a lot of time in game researching.

Anyhow, welcome to EVE, I'm sure I'll see you around.

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2016, 11:31 »

In the past year or so I've come to understand the truth of eve to be the relationships you can make with players beyond the game. This is the real secret of EvE and I would hate for you to miss the chance to find some of that too. From knockin beers with some of the most notorious peoples of EvE to the close friendships I've built with my own corp mates, it all started out of the RP channels for me so yeah... RP really can bring you into the EvE world.

Just keep in mind that everyone's character is 'special' and has their own mysteries to discover, there really isn't a such thing as a plain old RP character in EvE outside of a few baseliners that work the various bars and clubs.

I think you'll do just fine and if you catch Xeph in an RP channel don't be afraid to say 'Hi'.  IRL and ALXVP keep me pretty busy these days but I'm always up for good chats with neat ppls. o7
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

molovian

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2016, 17:16 »

Xepharious, thanks for the words of encouragement. 

Persephone, Looking forward to meeting you.  I would love to hear from you on various subjects and also learn more about exploration :-)

until next time,
molovian

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jan 2017, 10:55 »

Welcome backstage.
-OOChé