Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Citizen Astur  (Read 4024 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Citizen Astur
« on: 26 Jun 2010, 22:53 »

A new True Power capsuleer that seems to be taking the tack that I would have hoped for OOC and urged (were I sansha >>) IC in terms of PR:

http://eve-search.com/search/author/citizen%20astur

I am encouraged by this, as it seems a lot more interesting than 'Rawr, fear teh Nation'.

What do you guys think?

I do hope that whoever is writing the character is allowed to have some flexibility etc, and has the skill to pull it off. The positive portrayal of the Nation can be a little tricky. (Believe me :P)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
Re: Citizen Astur
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2010, 23:53 »

it's self-evident that the writer behind the character is superb. Orders of magnitude more skillful than any other actor we've thus far seen.

It's their face of the public relations. giving voice to the raison d'etree. Or at least, the one they want people to believe.

Of course, she still flies capital ships into battle to still children from the cradle to power massive warmachines, but who's counting that, right? =p

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2010, 00:36 »

I almost wish I played frequently enough to become a Sansha supporter.

Of course, even if I did play enough, I wouldn't become one though.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2010, 00:50 »

It's their face of the public relations. giving voice to the raison d'etree. Or at least, the one they want people to believe.
Considering that many players have been doing so for quite some time now, I think its more of a matter that an 'actor' has taken this role that has granted it 'validity' in the face of the player base. Player ego would never accept another player to assume this role and accept it as 'believable'.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2010, 05:23 »

The green lines do indeed add a certain something to the content in the minds of many players :P

That said, I very much enjoy having variety and richness of views on all sides, as such variety is fuel for more interesting intra- and interfaction interaction. I hope we get more similar stuff.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2010, 05:44 »

I laughed hard when i saw the thread they made their appearance in
\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2010, 06:53 »

The allusions to the Tyrannis trailer are a nice touch. ;)

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2010, 08:53 »

Considering that many players have been doing so for quite some time now, I think its more of a matter that an 'actor' has taken this role that has granted it 'validity' in the face of the player base. Player ego would never accept another player to assume this role and accept it as 'believable'.

This.

We've been doing this for, quite literally, years (5 of them, to be specific).

I would not suggest that Astur is the "face" of their PR. Just another step towards the chain. Unless you're willing to accept that Dorgiers is the face of the Empire sides' PR. Which I obviously think is also bunk.

One thing that has had these events grow on me is that CCP is really having us (both sides of us) do the majority of the work. They obviously have a chain of events decided, but the majority of work has been up to the player base. CCP then has been moving to offer validity for the various groups that are doing their work.

This is just more of the same, in a way, and imo it's about time.

Also, yes, Astur's actor is pretty damn good.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2010, 09:10 »

Unless you're willing to accept that Dorgiers is the face of the Empire sides' PR. Which I obviously think is also bunk.

You know, the above assumes the Empires have an unified side in this new conflict. What if they won't? :D

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2010, 09:19 »

Dorgiers is just a soldier.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2010, 09:36 »

Dorgiers is just a soldier.

I think that you might understand that you just agreed with what I was saying if you continue the thought chain that brought you here. ;)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jun 2010, 15:57 »

I was pretty surprised when I saw Astur show up.

I'm very pleased with how she's helped me figure out the lines between the True Slaves and the True Citizens. She's confirmed some ideas I've had regarding the divide, while leaving enough space to allow flexibility. Over all a good showing.

I do love her smack talk on the IGS, it's pretty classy. Although god damn the IGS is moving even faster now or I'm crazy. I think up replies and then like five more people have posted and the conversation is all changed.

/works on his forum-fu
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2010, 23:35 »

... I'm very pleased with how she's helped me figure out the lines between the True Slaves and the True Citizens. She's confirmed some ideas I've had regarding the divide, while leaving enough space to allow flexibility ...

Please do share.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jun 2010, 01:09 »

... I'm very pleased with how she's helped me figure out the lines between the True Slaves and the True Citizens. She's confirmed some ideas I've had regarding the divide, while leaving enough space to allow flexibility ...

Please do share.

As far as my understanding goes, the basic hierarchy was confirmed. From bottom to top, True Slaves/True Citizens/Master Kuvakei.

Extrapolating on the interactions between Citizen Astur and Slave 32125, True Slaves are subservient to the desires of the True Citizens. That is, assuming the True Slaves/True Citizens are not under their usual orders from Master Kuvakei, they will listen and comply with the True Citizens. Ergo, the civilians control the military where applicable.

Mind you maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I'm working on the belief Citizen Astur is the standard and not the exception for the True Citizens. Given the traditional thought capacity in both groups, it makes sense the True Citizens are the guiding arm of the True Slaves day-to-day.

Of course I could be looking at this in all the wrong ways, time will tell as Citizen Astur helps fill in the blanks. I really like the True Citizen.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2010, 02:25 »

Please do share.

As far as my understanding goes, the basic hierarchy was confirmed. From bottom to top, True Slaves/True Citizens/Master Kuvakei.

Extrapolating on the interactions between Citizen Astur and Slave 32125, True Slaves are subservient to the desires of the True Citizens. That is, assuming the True Slaves/True Citizens are not under their usual orders from Master Kuvakei, they will listen and comply with the True Citizens. Ergo, the civilians control the military where applicable.

Mind you maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I'm working on the belief Citizen Astur is the standard and not the exception for the True Citizens. Given the traditional thought capacity in both groups, it makes sense the True Citizens are the guiding arm of the True Slaves day-to-day.

Of course I could be looking at this in all the wrong ways, time will tell as Citizen Astur helps fill in the blanks. I really like the True Citizen.

Or perhaps thats what Kuvakei wants his capsuleer allies to believe, to think theyre all "special" and wont be turned into mindless husks like everyone else?  So they will work hard for his agenda without knowing the truth?

Just a thought... ;)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2