Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: What now, Trensk?  (Read 761 times)

Trensk Mikakka

• Clonejack
What now, Trensk?
« on: 19 Jun 2016, 20:40 »

Only thing that could compare to this was taking a doomsday while in the pod.

It ws painful, it made him weak in the knees, it made his eyes water, it made him want to just give up. But, now he couldn't. Now he had to do more than he ever thought he would, and sooner than he really needed. Why was the world so cruel? Why did he have this now? What now, Trensk?

They came a few minutes after midnight, 0008 to be exact. The knock on the door, the two unfamiliar faces.

"Mr. Mikakka? We need to speak with you."
"What? Why? What's going on?"

His eyes were bleary, and he was already nursing a hangover from a binge ending not even an hour ago.

"Sir, I don't know how to put this..."
He looked at the plain Minmatar female in a conservative business suit. A name tag. It just read a last name. Tagark "Just be blunt. I have an op in 5 hours and I need to sleep."
The woman coughed. "Alright, Mr. Mikakka...Well...Trixillia is dead."
There was the shock. An explosion slamming into him, a shot in the gut. Trix, his best friend, his rock, something that never changed no matter how much he did...dead. "Ho-HOW?" He near growled, through gritted teeth.

The woman sighed. "She...Her and her husband were traveling to Republic space from State space when they were attacked by pirates. The lifeboats were destroyed."

Trensk shook, through anger, sadness, pain, he couldn't even tell. Trixillia was like a sister to him, that small, sharp-witted Sebiestor woman and her jovial, large Civire husband, Greer, whom ran the small little cafe in Ichoriya, where he had gone for meals since before he was a capsuleer, when he moved there at 16. Like a big sister and brother, they'd always had supported him...and now...

He knew them going back to her homeland wasn't safe right now. Why didn't he warn them? They would be alive, still. They would be here.

"Mr. Mikakka...Her and her husband had one thing they had in their wills which involved you."
"W-What?"
"Their daughter."

He could barely see her, behind the woman. It was a wonder he didn't see her before. She took after her mother, that was certain. Very Sebiestor features, red hair, short as all get out...but her eyes, they were Civire. Sharp, aggressive, alert, incredibly intelligent. Unmistakably sad, but also...scared? No, that wasn't the word for it. More...defensive, if anything. Elizabeth, that was her. She must've been no older than 9 last time he's seen her, and then...that was 6 years ago, wasn't it? She's 15 now, maybe 16 if he has his dates wrong.

He crouched down, so his tall 6'4" frame came more level to her 5'1" height. "Hey, Lizza...Remember me?" he said, past the woman Elizabeth was hiding behind.
She shrugged, waving her hand in a so-so way.
Trensk shook his head. "Not surprising, it's been a while. So..." He now looked back up at the woman. "They wanted me to take care of her?"

The woman, Tagark, nodded, adjusting her glasses. "Yes, Mr. Mikakka. I'll have all her things, and her parent's funds, transferred here, if you so desire."

Trensk stood up, moving aside and motioning for Elizabeth to come inside, who entered, albeit cautiously, carefully, like she was looking for a trap. Certainly like her mother.

He then looked at the woman.

"Have it done. Have it done yesterday."

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
Re: What now, Trensk?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2016, 09:00 »

What now indeed!

Planning to add any to this? Sudden parenthood is tough! I'm really curious about how Lizza redirects that defensiveness in the care of a capsuleer. 15 is a REALLY big time for the psyche. :)
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/