Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Author Topic: [Discussion] "The Apostles" as mentioned in the Chronicle "Testament"  (Read 883 times)

Kontrahage

• Clonejack

Hello everyone,
After reading this chronicle i had two questions I couldn't really answer myself and which affect me IC.
One is this, the other will get a seperate thread. *edit: was able to answer the second one myself, thanks to the evelopaedie backup here :) so no second thread.

During the trial before the Chapter Heads of the Order of St. Tetrimon concerning his actions after the return of Jamyl Grand Master Horm said:

“How is it you call the Empress of Holy Amarr a heretic? You are aware of the supernatural signs. All the other Royal Heirs bowed to the divine will. The Theology Council confirmed it and, yes, this counts for little in our reckoning but did not the Apostles also pledge fealty?”

to which one Chapter Master replied:

“The Apostles can do no other or they join us in exile. We long ago accepted that the Apostles must remain at the heart of Holy Amarr while we stand vigil without. But this means that they are not free to speak their hearts. It is of no moment that they pledged fealty in the face of the deceiver’s might.”

The question is, who are these Apostles?

We know the Order was created by the former Council of the Apostles to revise scripture but this council was dissolved during the Moral Refoms.
Are these currest Apostles descendants of the dethrowned council members who escaped death or slavery through submission and now continue to exist as a religious organisation without a formal postion or are they an entirely new group that holds very conservative values but takes care not to cross the line in public.
Are they possibly an intermediary between the imperial orthodoxy and the outlawed order comparable to the former role of Sinn Féin for the IRA?
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2016, 16:39 by Kontrahage »