Archives > Katacombs

Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

(1/1)

VAHZZ:
Well by golly, looky here. Something interesting out of all my imaginary hullabaloos. I get to be a macho roidy man ran ran savage, color me impressed.

Elmund Egivand:

--- Quote from: Lord Vahzz on 19 Feb 2016, 02:19 ---Well by golly, looky here. Something interesting out of all my imaginary hullabaloos. I get to be a macho roidy man ran ran savage, color me impressed.

--- End quote ---

Why yes, because it is a very good idea to get hyped about something, proceed to ignore all the warning signs that development is not going smoothly, ignore any flaws such as bugs that might show, ignore negative reviews and then just consume the thing continuously in a desperate attempt to ward off the 'buyer's remorse' for one more day.

So no. I rather hold on to my wallet very tightly and actually wait and see and make sure that it is *actually* good before forking out that money. All the trailer we are seeing now gets people hyped because that's what they are supposed to be doing. They are MARKETING materials! They are designed to garner interests and SELL the game and is not an accurate indication of the quality of the final product. It will be incredibly foolish to assess the merits of anything solely on the quality of their MARKETING material.

As I am seeing now, the game looks good and is accurate to the theme (glorious gothic tunes and giant space cathedrals with space gargoyles and shite). However, I haven't seen enough of the gameplay for me to judge whether it is actually good. Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines, how the trailer looks so good but the actual game is a bug-ridden mess where everything in the trailer is missing? Or Deserts of Kharak and how the AI is brain dead (I'm waiting for that game to go on sales before purchasing it. As much as I like the Homeworld story I am not going to pay its full price just for the campaign narrative)?

I will not get hyped about it and will wait for further news and reviews before deciding whether I should hand over my money for this game.

Utari Onzo:
[mod] rule 3 and 11. Other posts moved for replying to moderated content.[/mod]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version