Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone have a problem with...  (Read 2053 times)

Vikarion

Anyone have a problem with...
« on: 30 Dec 2015, 17:10 »

...me writing an alternate history play-through of the Second World War in Hearts of Iron 3?

I love alternate history, and I've enjoyed learning a lot about the Second World War, and since I may have a couple free days coming up (for the first time in a LONG time), I was thinking of doing a play-through and sort of doing a fiction series on it in the non-eve fiction area.

On the other hand, I don't want to offend anyone. So, if anyone would object or approve, lemme know. Otherwise I'll probably go ahead with it today or tomorrow.  :)

Utari Onzo

Re: Anyone have a problem with...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2015, 17:37 »

I'd be interested to read that.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2015, 19:32 »

Obligatory comment regarding the numbers of us waiting on your Fallout 4 playthrough. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vikarion

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2015, 19:37 »

Obligatory comment regarding the numbers of us waiting on your Fallout 4 playthrough. ;)

That would require significantly MORE time.  :P

Vikarion

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2015, 01:20 »

I'm gonna go ahead and do this.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2015, 05:14 »

Is it a blog/vlog or are you posting it here?
You are RPing wrong.

Vikarion

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2015, 09:57 »

Is it a blog/vlog or are you posting it here?

Posting it here. Non-eve fiction area.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2015, 13:52 »

Why would anyone be 'offended' by someone writing about their alternate WW2 video game?

Do your thing man!

Vikarion

« Reply #8 on: 01 Jan 2016, 18:07 »

Why would anyone be 'offended' by someone writing about their alternate WW2 video game?

Do your thing man!

You obviously have not visited Tumblr very much.  :P ;)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jan 2016, 04:24 »

Do your thing man!

So do the same people get equally steamed up about older alternate history works like Man In The High Castle or SS-GB? The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all. Come to that they must've gone berserk with Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series (aliens invade during WW2 and as a consequence Nazi Germany is still around at the end of it).
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Vikarion

« Reply #10 on: 02 Jan 2016, 22:52 »

Do your thing man!

So do the same people get equally steamed up about older alternate history works like Man In The High Castle or SS-GB? The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all. Come to that they must've gone berserk with Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series (aliens invade during WW2 and as a consequence Nazi Germany is still around at the end of it).

Heh. Heh heh heh.

I'll just post an example, from a "powerpuff-girl-kin":

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people. You have people who insist that they are god-kin, too, and dragon-kin, and etc. etc.
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2016, 23:03 by Vikarion »

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jan 2016, 01:46 »

The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all.

Fatherland by Robert Harris is a good book, on that theme. Though the person lending me the book forgot that his copy had a publishing error  :bash: and I wasn't sure if randomly jumping back and repeating a third of the book wasn't intentional for some reason as some kind of narrative device :bash: all fixed when I bought it for my kindle.  :P

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people.

I expect so.  It's almost too good to be real, and there's some very knowing elements - "Then it got worse when some horrible person decided to type into the chat box "if you were a pedo which powerpuff girl would you masturbate to?". At this point tears started to stream out of my eyes, and then it got worse, someone responded with "Buttercup." < that's an adroit and well observed summation of the interwebs, right there. 

(though as you say, sometimes difficult to separate parody from who's being parodied)

Vikarion

« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2016, 04:35 »

Well, anyway, the story is here:
http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6976.0

It's not finished yet, and it's definitely been fun to write.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2016, 05:58 »

It's been fun to read.  :)  Looking forward to more.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jan 2016, 08:06 »

I'll just post an example, from a "powerpuff-girl-kin":

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people. You have people who insist that they are god-kin, too, and dragon-kin, and etc. etc.

I cringed when I saw those hashtags......and maybe even died a little on the inside.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17
Pages: [1] 2