Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Author Topic: [Faction] Mashtori Bounty Hunters  (Read 1334 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
[Faction] Mashtori Bounty Hunters
« on: 23 Jun 2010, 01:29 »

Hey all.

As some may have seen/noticed - I somewhat recently created a corporation based on the "Khanid Mashtori"

Which to quote from the only bit of PF-like stuff I can find is.
"The Khanid Mashtori are an elite sect of bounty hunters which work exclusively for the Khanid royalty. It is not uncommon for them to operate a battleship or lead a fleet of Khanid ships in times of war."
http://eveinfo.com/npcship/12392/eve-online-khanid-mashtori.html

Now, as I have read, re-read and let the information work through my mind the more it seems to me that I may have to change my original ideas about them.

eg.
"are an elite sect of bounty hunters"
Does this mean they are a sect or a greater organisation or simply their own group?

My real question is, what is everyones perception on what they are.
And more importantly - how do I RP and create a corporation and really, most of everything about them so I can flesh out my corp some more.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Faction] Mashtori Bounty Hunters
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2010, 02:00 »

There are a lot of options here. The wording might refer to a cult - some kind of zealots. Perhaps from multiple separate cults, with the military aspect being the unifying factor. Some might be some kind of "knights in a black armour" furthering the good of all with any means necessary. Some might be in it just to kill some infidels.

However, the way the text presents them, it seems to indicate that they might commonly work alone or supported by "regular" forces - which might be that they've either been picked from a larger group, or then just are that great that the crown sees them as an asset. In here, great does not necessarily mean that they all are individually superior fighters, it might be that one of the zealot warrior cults focuses on that, going out to hunt the enemies of the King, assassinate them, fight wushuesque odds and win. Others might in turn have completely different kind of training - tactics, strategy etc. that makes them useful to lead fleets. Grouping both under the same label, if the inner workings of the group are kept sufficiently secret, make them look even more dangerous. So you'd hear that a Mashtor single-handedly defeated a hundred-strong Blood Raider fleet - and another actually lead the related operation to crush the nearby Blooder bases. After establishing such of a reputation, a few such individuals could swing battles simply by the effect they have on morale.

And of course, the above is completely my own invention with very little basis in PF except the words "sect", "bounty hunters", "not uncommon to lead a fleet".

Edit: "mashtor" possibly means "teacher". Have to check. No idea if this is a play on "master" by some "I speak mumble-jumble so I sound foreign" or an actual word, but it popped up in a Google search.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2010, 02:05 by Mithfindel »

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Re: [Faction] Mashtori Bounty Hunters
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2010, 02:05 »

There are a lot of options here. The wording might refer to a cult - some kind of zealots. Perhaps from multiple separate cults, with the military aspect being the unifying factor. Some might be some kind of "knights in a black armour" furthering the good of all with any means necessary. Some might be in it just to kill some infidels.

However, the way the text presents them, it seems to indicate that they might commonly work alone or supported by "regular" forces - which might be that they've either been picked from a larger group, or then just are that great that the crown sees them as an asset. In here, great does not necessarily mean that they all are individually superior fighters, it might be that one of the zealot warrior cults focuses on that, going out to hunt the enemies of the King, assassinate them, fight wushuesque odds and win. Others might in turn have completely different kind of training - tactics, strategy etc. that makes them useful to lead fleets. Grouping both under the same label, if the inner workings of the group are kept sufficiently secret, make them look even more dangerous. So you'd hear that a Mashtor single-handedly defeated a hundred-strong Blood Raider fleet - and another actually lead the related operation to crush the nearby Blooder bases. After establishing such of a reputation, a few such individuals could swing battles simply by the effect they have on morale.

And of course, the above is completely my own invention with very little basis in PF except the words "sect", "bounty hunters", "not uncommon to lead a fleet".

Edit: "mashtor" possibly means "teacher". Have to check.

Exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to get :D

Thanks Mith, I shall ponder - and look into that "Mashtor" thing as well.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean