Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Elsebeth, of clan Rhiannon, was born on Matar in the heartlands of Mikramurka continent in the year 81? Read her official biography here.

Author Topic: What is the moderation doing exactly?  (Read 1965 times)

Lyn Farel

What is the moderation doing exactly?
« on: 02 Dec 2015, 05:11 »

Now then that's out of the way, why are we still getting moderators insulting people happily on this forum, no matter what the imaginary justifications they give themselves? You think i'm going to be okay with my reports not being taken care of because the content was already catacomb ed for another reason, and that particular issue swept under the rug as usual?

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
Re: What is the moderation doing exactly?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Dec 2015, 07:06 »

:popcorn:

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2015, 07:10 »

Maybe it's because you're a bad poster :3

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 02 Dec 2015, 07:43 »

OP being poorly written and the point poorly made doesn't help much, but there is something to it that could do with a little discussion. We do occasionally see moderators post stuff that would pretty instantly get others moderated in short order. If need be, I can probably dig up example posts but I think we're all aware of this happening at times.

It is to a certain degree understandable. I occasionally snap as well, examples of which are littering the catacombs in various degrees of shambles, but the difference is that I get moderated and publicly put down for it while moderators generally don't. It could of course be that the in-crowd doesn't get reported much, but that should come as little surprise both due to the popularity contests community boards tend to turn into as well as the fact that reporting mods to mods is sort of like complaining to a goon that a goon scammed you.

I do think it'd make these boards a better place with less of a feeling of "the rules apply to me, but apparently not to you" if mods either kept their own moderatable posts to a minimum or got hit just as hard and often with the hammer as the less popular users.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 02 Dec 2015, 10:11 »

Lyn, fact of the matter is you make a LOT of reports.  You report a lot of silly shit.  I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I have literally gotten to a point where, when I see that you generated the report thread, I'm not in any hurry to look into it.

Because of THIS thread, I went back and looked at the last series of reports you generated.  Given the circumstances, I am not inclined to bitch at MorLag Bal in the slightest.  He was online, and he handled the situation quickly, decisively and correctly.

Was it 'professional' to tell that shitbird to 'shove it up his ass'?  No.  It wasn't.  Was it deserved?  Yes.  It was.  Was it in violation of the forum's rules?  Certainly, it was.

When, oh when, will we get a perfect mod team that never, ever, EVER responds to personal attacks in a human way?

When we start getting paid to be here.

Topic closed.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.