Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Author Topic: Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?  (Read 3766 times)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?
« on: 01 Dec 2015, 14:35 »

Publius was banned, permanently, a couple years ago, for as stated in the posts I removed, evading bans and moderator action in response to personal attacks and other rule violations.

Removing his posts is neither censorship nor "heavy handed", but enforcement of a ban on a person trying to evade a ban.

Further discussion of that particular matter has a special subforum for it, and further posts in this thread on the subject will be moderated and/or moved there accordingly.

That's a red herring.   You know, an argument not on topic.   Zee irony.

Incidentally - when you mod this post it will be the first time any of my forced gaggings will have had even the slightest honest justification.   Clearly there wasn't enough irony wrung out of it yet because your enforcement of a rule set designed to nuture the community will be in fact damaging it.   
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 14:39 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Vizage

• Egger
Re: Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2015, 15:56 »

How is that a red herring? Morwen is explaining the exact reason for the ban?

Did you just say red herring hoping know one would actually know what it is?

Seriously.... Morwen's comment couldn't more directly respond to the reason for moderation. Like even caps lock wouldn't have gotten that point across better...

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2015, 16:01 »

Morwen Lagann can melt steel beams on backstage.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2015, 16:40 »

Seriously.... Morwen's comment couldn't more directly respond to the reason for moderation. Like even caps lock wouldn't have gotten that point across better...

I was modded on the stated grounds of being off topic.   I was not off topic. 

Somone else being modded for legitimate reason does not legitimize actions taken against me.   Claiming so is a red herring.   

This is a simple concept that someone with basic reading comprehension skills should understand.     Since you seem to have those skills -  and in light of the ad hominem you tucked in there for extra troll - I'm going attribute your refloating of that dead herring to malice instead of incompetence.

Diliberate derailing a topic because you dont like someones argument and cant or wont defeat it with reason is A JERK MOVE.    Thank you for showing my point.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 16:51 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 2015, 17:12 »

Well since we're going there,  I think you're the one with a reading comprehension issue here. Take a look again at what you quoted. Look carefully now. Morwen specifically and repeatedly highlights her response, at least in that quote as directly in reference to Publius' ban, not yours.

Trying to take Morwen's words out of that context by saying "I was talking about my own ban"  when Morwen clearly wasn't (as he specifically stated in the very quote you used) is called moving the goal post.

But thanks for insulting instead of looking more carefully at my words, Morwen's, and your own.

Oh and calling you out on using the red herring fallacy wrongly is not an ad hominem as its not an attack on your person it's a critique of your comprehension. So that's two fallacy's you fail to grasps.

But since you're looking for ad hominem's where there aren't any I'll lay one straight out in the open for you.

"It's pretty obvious which of the three choices you didn't choose in that snappy little signature of yours."

There, happy?
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 17:14 by Vizage »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 2015, 17:29 »

Hamish, your posts were moved to the catacombs in accordance with the rules that posting in response to moderated content gets your own posts catacombed.

That's not a "jerk move" in the slightest. It's a standard policy of Backstage and has been since day one.

Publius' posts are an automatic catacomb because he is circumventing a ban every time he posts. Responding to them is going to get the responses catacombed by whichever of the mods gets to it first, regardless of how "on topic" you or anyone else feels his posts or yours to be.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #6 on: 01 Dec 2015, 17:45 »

Now your just trying to bate me into attacking your person the way your're attacking me.   You want to derail the line of discussion and make me appear petty by joining you in insult slinging.   

That is a standard response from this community and one of many reasons people avoid it.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 17:47 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 01 Dec 2015, 17:53 »

Hamish, your posts were moved to the catacombs in accordance with the rules that posting in response to moderated content gets your own posts catacombed.

That's not a "jerk move" in the slightest. It's a standard policy of Backstage and has been since day one.

Publius' posts are an automatic catacomb because he is circumventing a ban every time he posts. Responding to them is going to get the responses catacombed by whichever of the mods gets to it first, regardless of how "on topic" you or anyone else feels his posts or yours to be.

You know full well I wasn't referencing the my posts discussing modderation as a Jerk move but the previous ones.    THAT is a cause of the letter of the law ironicly violating the spirit of the law.
You are RPing wrong.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 01 Dec 2015, 18:02 »

You mean the posts that are still in the original thread?

Because the only posts of yours from the last few days that got removed and put in the catacombs were the ones directly responding to and involved in Publius' once- or twice-yearly shitposting spree.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 01 Dec 2015, 18:20 »

Now your just trying to bate me into attacking your person the way your're attacking me.   You want to derail the line of discussion and make me appear petty by joining you in insult slinging.   

That is a standard response from this community and one of many reasons people avoid it.

I'm not baiting anything Purple. I'm showing you the difference between criticism and personal attacks.

I'm doing that because people here seem to have a seriously crippling inability to differentiate the two (and I'm not just talking about you here.)

This is one of the biggest problems we have in this community. People taking criticism as insults. They aren't and you and many others here need to learn that. You aren't being oppressed because someone doesn't agree with you, and you aren't a victim because someone pointed out a fault in your logic.

If this place is going to be anything more than a breeding ground for victims complexes and echo chambering people need to learn this fact.

I think people need to take a serious step back and examine not only what they are reading but what they saying. If your constitution is to weak to deal with being told no, or that's a bad idea, or even getting modded, I'm sorry, but the Internet is not the place for you.

This like every other permeable site on the Internet is not a "safe space." We are here to challenge each other's way of thinking not coddle and shelter our delicate ego's.

Anyway, seeing as your last post was just a shaming attempt for a deliberate and obvious attack on my part and not actually a critique on the content prior I'll assume we're done.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #10 on: 01 Dec 2015, 22:51 »

I was modded on the stated grounds of being off topic.   I was not off topic. 

Somone else being modded for legitimate reason does not legitimize actions taken against me.   Claiming so is a red herring.   

This is a simple concept that someone with basic reading comprehension skills should understand.     Since you seem to have those skills -  and in light of the ad hominem you tucked in there for extra troll - I'm going attribute your refloating of that dead herring to malice instead of incompetence.

Diliberate derailing a topic because you dont like someones argument and cant or wont defeat it with reason is A JERK MOVE.    Thank you for showing my point.
There was no ad hominem.

No bait.  You opened the door for this with the text I bolded in the first quoted post.  If anything, you baited and Vizage bit.  Just as you're trying to bait MorLag Bal and he hasn't bitten.  I still don't even know wtf you're on about.  If you wish to get something figured/sorted out, PM me.  If, as I'm starting to suspect, you're simply pining for a looser moderation approach - perhaps one more like another forum that a lot of us used to frequent, before we had an alternative, one which is, last I checked, still online (albeit inactive due to peoples' not choosing to be active there) - well, then.  I don't know what to tell ya.

This thread is a shitshow and I'm locking it.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.