Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?  (Read 4134 times)

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?
« on: 30 Nov 2015, 14:36 »

Healthy people avoid this sick community.  There is plenty going on in the eve community but the 'progressive' mod team ooc/back stage chase away the exceptional, creative, and healthy people because because they don't conform to the approved group think.    Turns out when you censor anyone for thinking outside of the box, the people who think outside the box leave.      -Grayson.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5097.msg82197#msg82197
Let me make sure I got this right:

You're linking a thread in which the mod team's first reply is precisely about trying to preserve an atmosphere in which people with out-of-the-box ideas can communicate this without fear of disparagement... in support of your supposition that we as a team stifle same.

c/d?

fakeedit:  I've re-read the entire first page of that thread, and nothing there points to the mod team chasing away exceptional or creative posters OR allowing the community to do so, because said posters don't conform to some 'approved group think'.

I don't know what you're on about.

I think it is more likely that he meant this thread: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6607.0

I mean the title is even censorship.

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
Re: Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2015, 14:46 »

You're linking a thread in which the mod team's first reply is precisely about trying to preserve an atmosphere in which people with out-of-the-box ideas can communicate this without fear of disparagement...

Lets try this out: Lets take Lyns comment from the sexism thread:

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5683.msg94048#msg94048
I'm not even going to get bogged down into the main thread/argument because honestly, I don't want to start an endless drama. I believe in what she says, and strongly agree with most of what she points out, and that both as a gamer and as a game developer myself. I also happen to believe that the con artists are the people campaigning against her on the internet. I have watched tons of videos of counter criticism directed at her, and most of them are just wretched losers trying to speak at her level and using so many sophisms and bad faith that it's just nauseous.

I just am unable to understand why people take issue with her. She talks perfect common sense to me.

Okay to make this short:

If you believe that experiencing misogynistic behavior in a video-game, leads to misogynistic behavior in the real world, than YOU have to proof this? I hope this isnt to hard to understand....
Next thing: Social sciences have shown again and again, that violence in a medium, TV, Film, games, does NOT lead to a certain behavior. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT MISOGYNY does? Just because Anita said: "the more you think you cannot be affected, the more likely you are to be affected." Does not mean it is true. I hope this is not to hard to understand? Or even shorter: Whats makes you think that fiction makes reality?

I think with this few questions and comments can we test the mod team.  :P
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 21:22 by Lt.Babylon »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:32 »

?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:50 »

Even the primary active moderator is wondering what is being smoked and why it isn't being shared with everyone else.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:05 »

Even the primary active moderator is wondering what is being smoked and why it isn't being shared with everyone else.

The question is... why was purple thread kat...atacomb?
I see just as much nonsense in the thread linked earlier... the Katacombed thread one.....
As I see in that one with those feminist like Silas and Lyn.

I mean in end of the day... MRA nonsense is the same as feminist nonsense? Or those one shit stink less?

Because the same critique point could be thrown on other people. But those people and thread got no penalty.

By the way... on the topic penalty: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6934.0
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 19:21 by Lt.Babylon »

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:10 »

?
Do you have a question?

As why I have comment on this thread? I think purple has as valid a chance to say his stick as you? Or what is your opinion on it?

I mean.... Lets imagine Publius would be here.... he would ask you: "are you a moron or a anti-relgious nutter." As you clearly have not understood the critique which Mithra and Valerius brought forward: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5913.90

But in the end of the day your nonsense that religions are the reason for violence was not moderated. Why? I mean. It is as Mithra mention crazy. You cant see in peoples mind, it is a black box (with the sciences of today).

to preserve an atmosphere in which people with out-of-the-box ideas can communicate this without fear of disparagement..

Those this count also for purple?
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 21:20 by Lt.Babylon »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:49 »

Critical thinking, reason, logic, ethics and general human decency.   The mod teams especially harsh on that last one though  - so be mindful before you light up.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 19:52 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 30 Nov 2015, 20:09 »

[Citation Needed]

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
You are RPing wrong.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 30 Nov 2015, 20:31 »

Read it. Doesn't support your claims. Needs direct quotation, I'm afraid.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 30 Nov 2015, 23:31 »

I'm going to chalk this up to a language barrier combined with poor use of Google translate, because the guy's making absolutely zero sense to me beyond vague notions, which is the point I was driving at.

As for Publius, not sure I can state exactly why he got perma'd in the end (without permission from Silver, anyway) but I will tell you that the primary reason wasn't exactly his "pulling a Mithra" comments, and wasn't really related to any post of his in particular.

All of this seems to be a bit of a diversion from the subject of the thread, I note.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 30 Nov 2015, 23:52 »

I'm going to chalk this up to a language barrier combined with poor use of Google translate, because the guy's making absolutely zero sense to me beyond vague notions, which is the point I was driving at.

The question is easy.... Is MRA nonsense different from feminist nonsense in this forum? This can not be that hard? I mean really? As the two links show that feminist nonsense does not get moderated but MRA nonsense. Which lets me ask why?

By the way ..... not understand is not an excuse. Publius had let such things slit. But me? I see a micro-aggression in it. So I hope in the future you JUST ASK, instead of assuming that you are right by default. It can be that hard?

As for Publius, not sure I can state exactly why he got perma'd in the end (without permission from Silver, anyway) but I will tell you that the primary reason wasn't exactly his "pulling a Mithra" comments, and wasn't really related to any post of his in particular.
This was the reason. He said... "doing a mithra", and he got permanent banned for this. He has the mail, and I have seen it too. Sorry. But you are lying. It was that easy.

By the way, does it mean he can come back? He would love to tell some people some things. I think, he would love to tell you and others what he thinks. If this isnt possible, I would love to hear what was the reason. As he told me, that he would love to heard it.

Anyway what the final reason was for his ban, can I hope that you people use the same judgement on others? I would love to see some people permanent banned. Or Publius de-banned. Because as I said, I would love to hear what he as to say about you Morwen.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 00:10 by Lt.Babylon »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 01 Dec 2015, 00:10 »

"Feminist nonsense" will get slapped around just as fucking hard as anything else when people start attacking each other directly instead of the arguments and ideas posed. As will discussions regarding other sensitive subjects such as religion and politics. If people can't stick to keeping their punches above the belt and aimed at the words being posted and not the people posting them, then moderators will take action.

As for the reasons behind Publius' ban, as one person who put the ban into the system, you can take your accusation that I am a liar and shove it right up your ass. It was one straw among far too many upon a camel's back, and he is, to date, the only person who has had to be banned for the particular behavior that caused the moderation team to make the decision to ban him in the first place, because nobody else is inclined to follow his poor example. It was not his comments about "pulling a Mithra." For clarification, since it might have gone over your head: we include examples of recent poor behavior when we send a user a PM explaining why they are having their posting rights revoked. It does not mean that those posts are the sole reason for the ban. In Publius' specific case, it was a long-ongoing pattern of behavior coupled with the opportunity to enact a standing order regarding that behavior.

I also, for the record, give zero fucks about whatever ingame mails he may or may not have received from "anonymous" alts - in fact, as I am neither a CCP employee nor ISD volunteer, and they are ingame mails and therefore entirely outside of my jurisdiction, I am actually obligated to give precisely zero fucks. Now, if they were PMs on this forum it'd be another matter entirely - but in case it wasn't obvious, you can't actually send a PM to a user whose account has been deleted.

Not to mention the notion that anyone but you, yourself, can get you banned from Backstage through their own actions, is pretty hilarious - and wrong.

And again, this is entirely off-topic from the thread at hand.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 00:17 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 01 Dec 2015, 00:22 »

"Feminist nonsense" will get slapped around just as fucking hard as anything else when people start attacking each other directly instead of the arguments and ideas posed. As will discussions regarding other sensitive subjects such as religion and politics. If people can't stick to keeping their punches above the belt and aimed at the words being posted and not the people posting them, then moderators will take action.

Good,good.

, you can take your accusation that I am a liar and shove it right up your ass.

Nice under the belt hit.

. If people can't stick to keeping their punches above the belt and aimed at the words being posted and not the people posting them, then moderators will take action.

Ehm will moderators take action now?

I also, for the record, give zero fucks about whatever ingame mails he may or may not have received from "anonymous" alts - in fact, as I am neither a CCP employee nor ISD volunteer, and they are ingame mails and therefore entirely outside of my jurisdiction, I am actually obligated to give precisely zero fucks. Now, if they were PMs on this forum it'd be another matter entirely - but in case it wasn't obvious, you can't actually send a PM to a user whose account has been deleted.

Not to mention the notion that anyone but you, yourself, can get you banned from Backstage through their own actions, is pretty hilarious - and wrong.

No, it was on the game only. And yes, it means you can give zero fuck. By the way, the mails were in the other thread just an off topic comment about some people and their behavior.

Anyway, what was the final reason. Because he said he got the mail. And the mail clearly said: Because of that he said "doing a mithra" in the this comment: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5913.msg98294#msg98294

So anyway.... What was then the final reason?
As for the reasons behind Publius' ban, as one person who put the ban into the system, you can take your accusation that I am a liar and shove it right up your ass.

THEN... YOU can tell what the reason was, because it would be great to know and I could then tell it to him.
Pages: [1] 2