Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Samuel Rackham Premium Caldari Ale is made with aroma hops from the widely recognized agricultural facilities of Haatomo III? For more, see here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)  (Read 18973 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2015, 01:59 »

I don't want to claim that CCP's GM's never have a fine storyline prepared, which they follow. I also don't want to say they don't makes sense, if you're privy to what they know. My point is that they are really bad at telling those stories in a coherent way, that allows the audience to experience it as a continuous more or less smooth stream of events which are connected, rather than a bumpy road full of holes along. The latter also leads to an experience that feels more like being railroaded through those rather unconnected events, than being able to get involved in the story - because the latter would mean that you're able to anticipate some of what will happen in the future with some reliability from the story. As it stands it's more reliable to extrapolate what will happen next from looking at CCP corporate interests towards the story, rather than looking at what happened in the story. And that's a bad thing in my book.

Anyhow, given the frequency of how often such situations arise, I'm tending to think that CCP has no clue as to where the storyline is supposed to go or maybe more exactly how it is supposed to go there in a smooth line rather than in the way of the f(x)=1/x goes from the negative x region to the positive.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2015, 03:09 »

There is also the fact that having spoken to Affinity as well, she claims that what we find dumb, a lot of people enjoy it. They have to cater to everyone, and that has been her mojo for a while now, which I can understand.

But yes, basically, that's what I said... Their story often makes little sense, or when it does over such flimsy plots due to half assed explanations, it feels rubbish.

Oh well, of course, maybe i'm only seeing the glass half empty though. I think there is a lot of decent material or I would have left since long...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2015, 03:28 »

They did explicitly say on Hydrostatic Podcast that whether or not Khanid would be included was up in the air, and that if players had a strong opinion they should send in mails with arguments.

It's possible that it was determined through that.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #18 on: 27 Sep 2015, 15:14 »

#KhanidRoyaltymatterstoo

No it doesn't.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2015, 02:22 »

Well not everybody listens to hydrostatic podcast... I thought it was a fanmade podcast ?

In any case, I said a few times on #lore that even if Khanid is eligible, making him emperor would mean drastic changes on the gameplay itself, meaning suppressing the Khanid Kingdom as a separate entity (which could happen soon enough for the Mandate too if things continue going that way).

You don't become emperor of Amarr and get to keep your independent kingdom on the side, that makes absolutely zero sense.

So, the thing is, even with the problem of Khanid being eligible that is hardly justifiable without going into far stretched territory, the ingame consequences are probably not going to happen, and will introduce a real mismatch between the lore and the game. Which means widening the gap between the two, which really doesnt need it in the first place...

I said that but nobody cared anyway. The answer I got was "Khanid would be awesome". Besides the ambiant khanid fanboyism in the playerbase, I didn't get another answer...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2015, 08:20 »

I think you're mistaking the traditional EVE player's dietary requirement of sodium supplements for "fanboyism."

A lot of us wanted to see him in the running not to see him win but for the schadenfreude of watching his presence annoy the hell out of the supporters of other Heirs. In and out of character.

I mean, for example, we all love Samira, but who can really say it isn't entertaining watching her character try not to lose her shit in public over Khanid's inclusion, especially after the very lovely interaction she had with the RKN rep a month or two ago?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2015, 08:24 »

Ha ha.

Ha.

:|

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2015, 08:29 »

:cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2015, 10:24 »

I think you're mistaking the traditional EVE player's dietary requirement of sodium supplements for "fanboyism."

A lot of us wanted to see him in the running not to see him win but for the schadenfreude of watching his presence annoy the hell out of the supporters of other Heirs. In and out of character.

I mean, for example, we all love Samira, but who can really say it isn't entertaining watching her character try not to lose her shit in public over Khanid's inclusion, especially after the very lovely interaction she had with the RKN rep a month or two ago?

Yes this. 

Khanid absolutely offers the most entertainment and 'buyer's remorse' for the amarr RP loyalist community if he wins. 

The sheer IC joy of Khanid 'coming home' and stepping on the Theology Council would be absolutely amazing.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2015, 10:25 »

And completely nonsensical at all...

In any case, nobody answered to my concerns, that I think are perfectly valid... So yes, voicing one's concerns to CCP or official channels mostly works only if you are in the political correct majority.
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2015, 10:29 by Lyn Farel »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #25 on: 28 Sep 2015, 10:49 »

Tell me, does the hydrostatic podcast have a written transcript ?
\o/

The Scythian

• Our Woeful Hero
  • Clonejack
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2015, 07:43 »

Anyone ever wondered how exactly Khanid became elegible as Heir to the throne again?

The rules don't apply in the same way to the rich and powerful. This was especially true of feudalism.

Maybe that's infuriating, but it's certainly not inexplicable.

« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2015, 07:50 by The Scythian »

The Scythian

• Our Woeful Hero
  • Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2015, 07:45 »

I will also add that Khanid becoming Emperor will be the greatest roleplaying (read: character building) opportunity for Amarr RPers, maybe ever.

OOC I'm rooting for it.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2015, 10:14 »

I will also add that Khanid becoming Emperor will be the greatest roleplaying (read: character building) opportunity for Amarr RPers, maybe ever.

OOC I'm rooting for it.

Agree.  I think the other heirs offer more 'business as usual', with minor flavor differences.

If you wanted to start a schism or civil war though, Khanid's your man. 

Also lets be honest his constant Lazarus pit youth treatments are just the best, he's like 600 and still looks youthful, steady trolling the other heirs with his cloning.   

Part of me wants him to win for the interesting fallout part of me doesn't want the CCP plot machine touching khanid or the kingdom with a ten foot pole for the main eve plot.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2015, 12:57 »

Stop the fanboyism!  :P

More seriously, yeah, it sure is going to bring a lot of RP interesting shenanigans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7