Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Federal member states retain control of their home systems, as seen exercised here?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EVE as a TV show? Really?  (Read 3641 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: EVE as a TV show? Really?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Sep 2015, 08:07 »

As long as they don't fire Duncan Jones and start over from scratch AGAIN I suppose that the WoW movie might happen someday...

At least it's refreshing to see that they care about what they do with their license on the big screen...

I don't personally care for 90% of anything Blizzard does (I feel like they ruined MMO's for everyone), but for their movie they are going to spend more than $100 million and have WETA, etc.  So any problems (if there are any, not saying there will be) will be with story and direction, not throwing money at CGI and sets.

An Eve television show would be crippled from the outset, right?  Green-screen backgrounds and television studio sets will not do the Amarr Cathedral or the Crystal Boulevard justice on those budgets, right? 

You can get around that a bit by having the show focus on one particular ship 'crew' or maybe just a few capsuleer/station areas but you are unlikely to get the sorts of adventures you often have in the game? 

The alternative would be to make it heavily focused on the characters and interactions with not as much pew pew, but unless you are bringing in heavy-caliber writers it seems a difficult prospect.

There are tons of awesome stories to tell about the baseliners though that's for sure.

Maybe it's 'game of thrones' style following a few groups of people from different factions revolving around a central plot, or we follow a baseliner crew member who somehow gets tested for capsuleer compatibility and that is our window in?

Do it animaaateeeeed would be raaaaad

« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2015, 08:09 by Silas Vitalia »

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2015, 15:44 »

Just make Foley the main character and you won't have to worry if the show will be bad or good, because it would become amazing

<3

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 03 Dec 2015, 11:39 »

I will watch because I am a sucker with hopes that anyone I know gets even the slightest mention in it!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #18 on: 09 Dec 2015, 19:05 »

Just make Foley the main character and you won't have to worry if the show will be bad or good, because it would become amazing

<3

After the Pilot Episode 2- Bladestorm tells the tale of the Nova Knife Blender's creation by Foley Jones, and how it first rose to popularity after he tossed it at a Sansha's Nation raiding party and got a kill mail for Kuvakei himself.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance
Pages: 1 [2]