Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Author Topic: Amarr Emperorship Heirs, YC118  (Read 1633 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Amarr Emperorship Heirs, YC118
« on: 27 Aug 2015, 16:45 »

Because we have new Succession Trials, we needed a new succession page.

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Amarr_Emperorship_Heirs,_YC118
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2017, 04:06 by Samira Kernher »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Amarr Emperorship Heirs, YC118
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2015, 19:32 »

Some of the information given is more of a speculative nature, I think. For example that Merimeth will carry out the Sarum legacy of leading Amarr to war and conquest over all who would stand against it. We don't really know that: It's not an unreasonable speculation, but you might want to qualify it as such.

Otherwise a great site to have!
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2015, 19:37 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2015, 01:49 »

Well, he was specifically calling for a New military Reclaiming in the couple of news we had of him... It doesn't seem really far fetched to present him as a crusading reclaimer to me...

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2015, 04:11 »

As I said, it's not unreasonable speculation, yet still speculation. Also, the situation changed since then. Maybe back then the call for military reclaiming seemed to him like a way to prove his martial prowess and now defeating the Drifter threat would achieve just as much?

I personally feel that it's a big difference to write "Heir X will do Y" which is a statement of fact or to write something like "statements found on news indicate that Heir X will do Y". vOv

For my tastes, the articles are written too much like there are facts presented, especially about what he heirs will do in the future. And we can't really know that: There are no facts available about what they will do in the future, even if we can make educated guesses which are quite plausible. Use of the subjunctive mood would improve the article a lot at those points.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2015, 04:21 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2015, 06:08 »

I tried to uphold the style of the original, which used similar statements.

I've gone back and updated the sentences to be more obviously speculative rather than factual.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2015, 07:19 »

excellent work samira, excellent work.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:42 »

I tried to uphold the style of the original, which used similar statements.

I've gone back and updated the sentences to be more obviously speculative rather than factual.

I think the old 'Heir guide' is using mostly constructions with 'would' for the subjunctive mood.
\o/ It's much better now, to me. Was kind of details anyway, but now I can wholeheartedly agree that it's excellent material. :)
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2015, 08:50 by Nicoletta Mithra »