Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt. [FINISHED]  (Read 5828 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt.
« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2015, 17:21 »

Still waiting for that PM. If someone could ping Quintrala in-game or elsewhere, that'd be great.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #31 on: 29 Aug 2015, 04:36 »

Did have a talk with Quintrala in-game but I'm still waiting for that PM with the character information I need to tailor the prize.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #32 on: 29 Aug 2015, 19:02 »

PM received. Stratios + completely random fittings (I have never fitted a Stratios and I just bloody winged it randomly) contracted to Quintrala. I would have added some small flavor bits, but I have to run from the keyboard for a minute.

Congratulations again on your winning entry. I think I'll have to make this a thing.

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #33 on: 29 Aug 2015, 19:07 »

Thank you Miz and thanks to everyone!

It has been a busy time of travelling and other RL things and I have not been able to keep up. I did not realize my entry had won until I was mid-chat with Miz, when I was apologising and she was congratulating me...

I cannot say much about the story. I like to borrow and steal ideas sometimes, and there is not much to steal from New Eden so far in the future. How do people look, what do they do, have they advanced, have they gone back to the stone age or what? We know nothing of the future.

The next best thing to try is asking ourselves about what we know today about those who came ten thousand years before us and still wonder how alien we must be to them. What do we know about about the Great Leaders of the Talocan, the plight of the Yan Jung, Takmahl art or Sleeper dreams? What do we know of the ancient people who built gates before that? ((About John Kennedy, François Miterrand, Taylor Swift or Christa McAuliffe?)) Not much. Could they have predicted us? Could they have understoo us?

Ah, but there is something left, if only a sliver, and that is what will be left of us 10K from now. We can recognise what is left in that book: space, war and immortality. Technology.

That being said, 10K from now the story will not be about us.  It will be an entirely different world which will have taken shape by then. And my hat goes off to all of you who built those worlds in a jiffy of a time, to give us a view of an incredibly complex future and how it took shape.

Here is to you, who make worlds come alive. Thank you all :)

Q
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2015, 19:09 by Quintrala »
Pages: 1 2 [3]