Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Primer on Amarrian Politics and Heir Houses  (Read 3788 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Primer on Amarrian Politics and Heir Houses
« on: 28 Jul 2015, 10:58 »

Hello!

Over the last few months I've been working on a reference article for Amarrian politics. I decided to do this to assist Amarr players in finding information on the heir houses, as it is very difficult to find resources on most of them. Additionally, another reason I prepared this was because I've noticed that many people in RP have a limited understanding of politics, and tend to view liberal vs conservative politics as a very simplistic and inaccurate "good vs evil". This article is an attempt to correct that and help people understand what it actually means to have conservative or liberal viewpoints.

I've put the article up on EVElopedia. It can be read here:

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Politics_of_the_Amarr_Empire

Please let me know if there are any glaring errors, and point me to any sources I have missed so that I can correct it.

I hope this helps people. :)
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2017, 04:01 by Samira Kernher »

Utari Onzo

Re: Primer on Amarrian Politics and Heir Houses
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2015, 11:51 »

This is exactly what I needed for formulating more of Utari's beliefs and political leanings. Amazing stuff.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2015, 12:44 »

there are a couple of things that turned up in the Amarr Cosmos missions that may be of relevance, primarily to how the Kador Family organises things in Kador region, politically and culturally.

Holder families feuding amongst themselves, hiring mercenary forces against each other, their feudal superior, the constellation governor, does not seem particularly concerned about this.
Succession and inheritance - there's a bit about women inheriting property on the same basis as men, which is an important plot point in one of the missions.

\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2015, 12:51 »

Hmm, impressive work. This needs to be placed somewhere more official than a google doc. Wiki perhaps. Amarrian roleplayers should definitely find this a very useful resource.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2015, 13:18 »

Great work. It made me want to do the same for other things...

A few nitpickings:

- I would personally have set Kador Holders rights from high to very high. To my eyes, literally craving of power, titles and influence, I would definitely see their Holders as inflating as much as possible their powers and reach compared to their subjects.

- I would have mentioned that Catiz TM currently represents 27% (iirc) of the total wealth of the Empire (it was the Empire right ? Not New Eden ?).  :lol:

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2015, 13:47 »

Nicely done

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2015, 13:54 »

Hmm, impressive work. This needs to be placed somewhere more official than a google doc. Wiki perhaps. Amarrian roleplayers should definitely find this a very useful resource.

I would like to do that, and plan to at some point. Transcribing it to wiki though will take a bit of time as creating tables requires a lot of coding.

I would personally have set Kador Holders rights from high to very high. To my eyes, literally craving of power, titles and influence, I would definitely see their Holders as inflating as much as possible their powers and reach compared to their subjects.

They are on Moderate, not High. I did originally have them set to High, but changed it to Moderate because lore articles describe Kador territories as being under tight centralized planning. Then there was also Heideran imposing severe restrictions curtailing holder fleets (and after Uriam's blunder, even the heir house has no fleets). While Kador holders certainly want to increase their own power, everything that I've read seems to indicate that they tend towards conformity with strong central authorities; the State of the Empire slices also states that they basically latch onto the coattails of strong leaders. So, I'm inclined to leave it at Moderate. High is reserved for areas where central authority is not found or is ignored (and very high is for when there is basically no higher authority, IE kingdom holders).

"The planet is considered something of a throwback within the Empire. Building designs are subject to tight regulations, so that all follow a “high” Amarr appearance, giving the planet a consistent look. Similarly, the planet is socially very conservative, with emphasis put on True Amarr tradition and noble importance. "

As for Catiz, I added it.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2015, 02:05 by Samira Kernher »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2015, 18:34 »

Hey super well done! I know that must have taken a LONG time to put together :)

Will have a closer read later but looks great!

:P

+1 to suggestion to port this over to evelopedia

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2015, 01:50 »

Ah fair enough then. I didn't know about those sources on Kador. Their Holders sure must feel suffocating.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2015, 02:13 »

Am I the only one here who misread it as "American Politics and Heir Houses"?

Regardless, I like. :3

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jul 2015, 09:09 »

Done.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Politics_of_the_Amarr_Empire

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jul 2015, 09:12 »

Well done. Good formatting, tables, and references oh my!

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2015, 15:03 »

Lyn:

I just ended up bumping Kador up to High afterall. Louella pointed me to the Temal Kador article which states that during her rule the Holders were allowed to do as they please. That kind of autonomy definitely warrants a High classification.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #13 on: 08 Aug 2015, 11:42 »

Very cool.

More info on the Khanid and especially of note, the Khaldari: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Culture_of_the_Khanid_Kingdom

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2015, 18:24 »

That is great work :D Awesome reference material

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean
Pages: [1] 2