EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

[Character] Utari Onzo

<< < (2/5) > >>

Skyweir Kinnison:
Fascinating, thank you for writing.

Utari is one of the most intriguing characters I've had the honour of connecting with so far.

Utari Onzo:
Thank you, I guess I must be doing something right :P

Skyweir Kinnison:
I was thinking that others might have chimed in, but absent that, I feel I ought to expand a little on my comment since you've done so much hard work.

Coming fresh into EvE RP (and EvE the game too) some eight months back, Utari was one of the characters in the IGS that was immediately noticeable for all the right reasons. He seemed complex, thoughtful, a little out of his comfort zone in the choice he had made heritage-wise but very comfortable in his choice of allegiance and combat role. The combination of confident warrior with the layered attractions/conflicts of the faith and culture he was now embracing made for an immediately intriguing and likeable individual.

I wasn't around to see the genesis of this journey, but could immediately see that the background had been laid. I always think this is the sign of a well-developed character - that they seem real and rooted in a history, that one might not see right now, but can sense in the depth and consistency of their dialogue. Reading more on Backstage, this feeling of progression is reinforced and continues to be interesting.

I can also see how the relationships in the wider CVA community help this development. The Amarr RP community seems to be interlinked in a positive and multi-layered way, which enhances most of the characters thus involved. I'm a tad jealous!

It didn't hurt that Utari was also one of the first characters that interacted IC with Skyweir in a RP event - something I am very grateful for as a newbie.

I look forward to seeing his further development, especially in terms of his family (a background I hadn't suspected, but makes excellent sense) and whether the orthodoxy (and its practical implications) he has embraced can be reconciled with his essential decency. That addictive personality is likely to throw up some challenges, I think.

Utari Onzo:
Thank you for the feedback, and it sounds like I'm hitting the right spots with Utari I was hoping for. Utari's development and journey really has been very influenced by the interaction's he's had. He's maleable and impulsive because of that basic instability, which has made for some interesting dynamics. I'm a little worried it might end up with him feeling a little 'flip floppy' in terms of his character and loyalties, but on the whole I think having that open mind early on was more for the positive.

I hope to have many more interactions with you! Utari might venomously hate what the Federation represents, but he can see past loyalties to some degree to explore the real people. Hopefully Ut and Sky can get to know each other better, whether as adversaries or not :)

Utari Onzo:
Right, seems time for a quick update.

The original citizenship arc from a year ago comprised of three parts.

The official baptism and joining the church, along with the year's worth of lessons and the like.

Official application of citizenship, and the granting of such by the Empire's Civic Services

Pledge of Vassalship to a Tash-Murkon Lord to join with the minor and untitled nobility of that political group. A formal seperation from the blood ties of House Gallius.

Part one was completed, and part two for the most part, but finally part three has started rolling after being on the back burner for a good while.

One thing I am interested in are ideas here on what a formal vassalage would entail, ideas for the ceremony, what duties/rights would be involved. This is a lot more indepth a role then Aria's retainership to Luna, as I see it as life long and binding to Utari's descendants as well. It's a full and complete tying to the Lord's family, and ultimately puts Utari in a position of conflict and rivalry with both his Brother, should Miguel inherit soon, and more importantly his Grandfather, further complicating an already fragile relationship built on blood, guilt and misunderstanding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version