Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Assembly responded directly to Julianus Soter's and other's request for information regarding Ishukone and Mordus Legion around Intaki Prime? For more, read here

Author Topic: Anyone able to direct me to EVE System/Planet Synopses?  (Read 2203 times)

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver

I am currently trying to put together a more cohesive series of back stories for both my EVE character and Dust Character. Currently have not had the opportunity to visit the Palas system yet however I was wondering if there was some kind of resource that might indicate to me what kinds of planets are within the System.

Any help would be appreciated.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Nissui

Re: Anyone able to direct me to EVE System/Planet Synopses?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2015, 15:58 »

Dotlan has the very basics on celestials. Were you looking for PF references?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2015, 16:01 »

Nissui got there first, but yeah - dotlan will have the planet types. If you're looking for any more information on the planets themselves, you'll have to check ingame.

A quick search suggests nothing has really been written about the system in PF, so you've got a reasonably open window to do some worldbuilding in.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kador Ouryon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2015, 16:50 »

Dotlan was my first port of call so to speak though I did not notice any specifics denoting the types of planets within the system. I will look again.

What primarily interests me is the planet types.....Temperate, Storm, Plasma, etc. From there I just have to do some research on gravities, temperatures, etc.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."

Kador Ouryon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2015, 16:56 »

EDIT- FOUND THEM. Thank you all.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2015, 01:36 »

Dotlan actually has the relevant planet info for each of them, more or less. Just click on the planet and it will show them.

Kador Ouryon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2015, 19:23 »

Dotlan actually has the relevant planet info for each of them, more or less. Just click on the planet and it will show them.
Indeed I further found out that there and even break downs of planet type per system per region which eventually leading me away from Palas which has no Temperate or Storm Worlds.

What I am looking for is a planet in the Khanid Region that I could use logically as a place to hosted a cloned soldier training facility.

Ideally it would

a.) Have an atmosphere in which humans can survive allowing them to go 'outside'
b.) A temperate or Stormworld

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2015, 19:36 »

cloned soldier training facility.

a.) Have an atmosphere in which humans can survive allowing them to go 'outside'

Why have a breathable atmosphere? use a barren world with enough gravity and no life, that way clone soldiers can blast each other without repercussions or populations being affected..it also discourages spionage at the basic level.

Kador Ouryon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2015, 19:39 »

cloned soldier training facility.

Why have a breathable atmosphere? use a barren world with enough gravity and no life, that way clone soldiers can blast each other without repercussions or populations being affected..it also discourages spionage at the basic level.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things it really comes down to personal preference however one of the things I did want was enough of an atmosphere that it could have 'severe weather conditions'.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2015, 19:42 by True Adamance »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2015, 09:35 »

ah, good point, weather does affect battle conditions.