Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jamy visits Throne worlds and Safizon, shows up in Titan??  (Read 10342 times)

Vikarion

The Tony G cleanup is still happening. That is more or less what everyone wanted for years.
I think the problem is not that "the cleanup" is happening, it's the way it's happening. It actually feels like Tony G all over again and not a "cleanup" at all.

Yup. I predicted that after Falcon finished making the Caldari look like utter incompetents (operation Highlander), and making the Minmatar look like brainless savages (Colelie), he'd be moving on to the Amarr. And look, here it is! Wow, look how those bastard slavers can't even protect their own empress.

I'd also like to point out that CCP apparently thinks that Emperor assassination never gets old. At this rate, anyone applying for the post should be immediately fitted for a casket.

I'm guessing that the next thing Falcon will do is have the drifters start attacking the State. Or possibly they'll attack the Federation, but in that case, they'll be gloriously defeated the "teh bestest faction evah!!!".

One can hope otherwise, though.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

I regret not bringing my sensor boosted beam Coercer. I'd have shot the corpse.

A thought I had earlier was:

This is surprisingly convenient for the Sarum Family, in that, by dying as a martyr, then the whole thing about this "Other", can be covered up, with the complicity of many of the other Imperial establishment institutions.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Jamyl's legacy is now more likely to be the Martyr Empress, rather than the Mad Empress.

But, I guess we'll find out soon enough, there's a thing on Sunday, isn't there ?
\o/

Lyn Farel

The complaints initially levelled in this thread were not about an event that was railroaded or badly executed but about the conclusion.

Whether the event was good or not is highly subjective. The frustration of being there, yet unable to do something may be very well what the creators had in mind with this. This is the equivalent of someone getting yanked out of the middle of the squad (and devoured off screen) in an alien movie: This showcases that the Drifters are able to come in, remove the toughest/second toughest ship in EVE and moonwalk out, leaving everyone back in a confused/terrified state of mind.

Maybe it was there intent... It makes sense, but I still think it makes for a very poor GM-ing on their behalf. When you create a game, you do it for people to have fun. If people do not have fun, that it's a failure, whatever fancy trick you tried to show.

I would have been them, I would have made it go crescendo with a first wave of drifters maybe. Increase the pressure as more and more of the capsuleers on fields are cleared out. Then blast the empress in a dramatic climax when everyone is fighting like hell to protect her. Icing on the cake would have been to let the players influence if she is killed or not, but I understand it was the initial goal... Then you make the drifters stop their waves, and let the last ones serving as a way for players to take their revenge.

But maybe they don't have the team or the means to do that. Though from what I see, it makes me feel that they are very inexperienced at GM-ing in any case, and have pretty much never been.

Since TEA, and even past TonyG, they also almost always go for the grand standing epic edgy events that go all into cascading escalations. It feels always too much to me, and rather rubbish. It's also what makes most factions act like incompetent leaders because everything is shoehorned by the epic edgy needs of the story without much consideration for the side effects and logic.

You know, makes me a bit think of that bioware meme "you press a button, and it's awesome!".

You bet it is.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2015, 10:55 by Lyn Farel »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Logibro just confirmed on AT stream that players get to champion Houses during succession trials. Will fly champions to Iceland for the fight during fanfest, if they have positive Amarr standings, fly Amarr ships and so on.

Look out for official announcements.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5985547#post5985547

It's official now.

This is how things should have been handled yesterday as well and there would have been a lot less grief!  :roll:

Lyn Farel

I'm expecting to get the rules and a bit more info to get a true opinion on this, but I fear the worse...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

But, I guess we'll find out soon enough, there's a thing on Sunday, isn't there ?

There's a special episode of the Hydrostatic Lore Panel on Sunday at 21:00 EVE but it's not been entirely cemented what will be talked about.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

ohh nice succesion trials once again...this is good!

i wonder if golden/silver magnates, along with imperial geddons/apocs will be handed over as prizes.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

The Tony G cleanup is still happening. That is more or less what everyone wanted for years.
I think the problem is not that "the cleanup" is happening, it's the way it's happening. It actually feels like Tony G all over again and not a "cleanup" at all.

Yup. I predicted that after Falcon finished making the Caldari look like utter incompetents (operation Highlander), and making the Minmatar look like brainless savages (Colelie), he'd be moving on to the Amarr. And look, here it is! Wow, look how those bastard slavers can't even protect their own empress.

I'd also like to point out that CCP apparently thinks that Emperor assassination never gets old. At this rate, anyone applying for the post should be immediately fitted for a casket.

I'm guessing that the next thing Falcon will do is have the drifters start attacking the State. Or possibly they'll attack the Federation, but in that case, they'll be gloriously defeated the "teh bestest faction evah!!!".

One can hope otherwise, though.

One has to wonder: Was it really TonyG or is it rather CCP that simply sucks at storyline?
To me it feels like TonyG was simply a convenient scapegot, they got rid of him and then moved on exactly as they did before.

Shaikar

• Clonejack

One has to wonder: Was it really TonyG or is it rather CCP that simply sucks at storyline?
To me it feels like TonyG was simply a convenient scapegot, they got rid of him and then moved on exactly as they did before.
A little from column A, a little from column B...

TonyG made some tripe but it's not like it came out of nowhere and it took CCP by surprise. He wrote Theodicy years before TEA after all.

CCP have done some solid storylines though, so they can do it. Usually though the stories that are best are not the apocalyptic EPIC ones where everything changes - which really isn't going to surprise most people, as epic stories are dangerous  to an ongoing setting and should only be used sparingly and by trained professionals.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

I pretty much agree. I liked the storyline where the 24th had to conquer Kourmonen. I'd love to see more events like that.

Yet, CCP seems to prefer the EPIC and is neither prepared to use it sparingly nor by trained professionals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]