Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Minmatar Neutral Ground  (Read 11075 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Minmatar Neutral Ground
« Reply #45 on: 27 Jul 2015, 13:30 »

I know, but I don't ascribe to that style of RP. People are free to do as they wish, roleplaying anything from fedos to capsuleers but I still reserve the right to ignore it if it doesn't fit PF and game mechanics as far as I can see. Especially in places I administrate or run.

It's nothing personal, but in my New Eden, baseliners don't get access to The Summit, capsuleer forums etc.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #46 on: 27 Jul 2015, 15:48 »

It's nothing personal, but in my New Eden, baseliners don't get access to The Summit, capsuleer forums etc.

In the case of the Summit, unfortunately, your head-canon is invalid, because the mod team has stated multiple times that the official position is that if baseliners happen to have Neocom accounts, they are permitted to use the Summit so long as they behave and are not bothered by any e-peen waving that occurs.

As far as the official forums go, CCP has also stated that baseliners have long had, at the very least, read-only access to the forums. They've mostly declined to provide input on the idea of "non-capsuleer" alts posting on it or not. As far as I know, access to the forums is gated not by capsule license, but by Neocom account, as with the Summit.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 27 Jul 2015, 16:26 »

Read access is fine. I just don't find it in any way rewarding to deal with non-capsuleer entities in any form because they by default get every kind of plot armor by not being an engageable entity in space, no access to our economy etc etc. I prefer a level playing field in my roleplaying engagements and baseliners remove that.

And as I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly allowed to hold this view, and that it is in fact entirely reasonable, I'll stick with it.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #48 on: 28 Jul 2015, 00:56 »

Strictly speaking Cakzad, arkon was for all intents and purposes a capsuleer who kept a medical clone but not a soft clone. So he could be podded but outside the pod he could be killed. I dunno how it stands with your char.

Capsuleers don't have to clone but baseliners are basically general populus who don't/can't board a pod. They don't have the implants so a baseliner char would never be able to undock on their own steam in a pod operated ship.

Edit: looks like I posted straight from 'unread posts' and missed the convo. Yeah in an RP location it's the owner's call so I'm not gonna kick up a fuss about baseliner alts and their access. I also find baseliner alts a bit iffy dealing with, but probably because I'm waiting to see a dedicated baseliner char done well.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2015, 01:00 by Utari Onzo »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jul 2015, 00:58 »

I think we're going a bit far off-topic here.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #50 on: 28 Jul 2015, 01:05 »

I think we're going a bit far off-topic here.

You're right I'm sorry. I think this is a great concept, and while I'm unlikely to have reason to be brought along I hope it goes well!

(I'm spoiled enough with venues as an amarr convert rper anyways, needed more minmatar stuff)
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2015, 11:49 by Utari Onzo »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #51 on: 28 Jul 2015, 01:46 »

Sorry for contributing to the derail, but anyway, freelance capsuleer academies require them to contract clones in addition to the necessary implants to control their pod. So it settles the problem.

You fly a pod, you are a independent capsuleer, and so you have clones (unlike some NPC figures or military capsuleers).

Cakzad Arcashiri

• Stick-Up-His-Arse-Holder
  • Clonejack
« Reply #52 on: 28 Jul 2015, 07:13 »

Strictly speaking Cakzad, arkon was for all intents and purposes a capsuleer who kept a medical clone but not a soft clone. So he could be podded but outside the pod he could be killed. I dunno how it stands with your char.

Capsuleers don't have to clone but baseliners are basically general populus who don't/can't board a pod. They don't have the implants so a baseliner char would never be able to undock on their own steam in a pod operated ship.

Edit: looks like I posted straight from 'unread posts' and missed the convo. Yeah in an RP location it's the owner's call so I'm not gonna kick up a fuss about baseliner alts and their access. I also find baseliner alts a bit iffy dealing with, but probably because I'm waiting to see a dedicated baseliner char done well.

Ah, I see. Cakzad didn't have either.

Anyway, I apologize for derailing the thread  :(
"I hope that War is quick, violent, and forceful. But not this, never this."
 - Cakzad Arcashiri discussing the Militia Wars.

ValentinaDLM

• Wetgraver
  • Totally a Toaster
« Reply #53 on: 01 Aug 2015, 19:36 »

I have been here and the discussion was quite good, a Brutor section would be nice, need to read more more myself.

Cain Aloga

• Clonejack
« Reply #54 on: 06 Aug 2015, 11:09 »

I am planning to do a write up for the Brutor section. I will of course offer it up for review and critique prior to sitting it.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 06 Aug 2015, 11:18 »

Fantastic. It needs a bit more shinyin' up.

Cain Aloga

• Clonejack
« Reply #56 on: 13 Aug 2015, 21:09 »

Well, here is my submission for the Brutor Section of Deck 23. When thinking of the aesthetics of the Brutor, Polynesian/pacific islander comes to mind, so that is where I based this description. Please don’t be too brutal in your critiques... 0:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Much like the Southern Archipelagos of the Old Mother, when one enters the Brutor section of the Accord Neutral Grounds they will immediately feel the heat and humidity at which the climate controls have been set. This does not seem to bother any of the Brutor who make up this section; many choose to go about their business in only a thin shirt or even bare chested, allowing their tattoos to be seen by all. For those wishing to emulate the Brutor, or simply escape from the repressiveness of the their clothing may do so in an area has been set aside near the entrance.

The decor of this area has also been arranged to mimic the tropical homeland of the Brutor. Wood flooring and bamboo paneling has been laid out, along with tropical plants, all adding to the illusion of being planet side. 

True to their martial heritage, a practice and combat area has been set aside where any one can hone their abilities, test their skills against others, or simply meditate through motion. Racks of practice weapons have been laid out to a side for those who wish to use them. A few craft stations have also been set up for those more artistically minded. A gathering area takes up the rest of the space, with water and some other small refreshments are made available.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2015, 21:13 by Cain Aloga »

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #57 on: 13 Aug 2015, 21:23 »

This has Tabor's stamp of approval.

Calania

• Clonejack
« Reply #58 on: 16 Aug 2015, 11:01 »

I decided to take a stab at the Krusual description. I won't profess to being the greatest lore buff in EVE, so if my vision of them doesn't gel with anybody, feel free to suggest modifications.

Grey, semi-transparent, geometrical panes of glass criss-cross in seemingly random, natural patterns - almost as if a patient child had ordered the shell to their will alone. Shapes of ancient, rusted weapons, of bloodied stone and triumphant warriors can be glimpsed between the layers of cloudy glass that make up the division between the Krusual enclave and the rest of Deck23. Above the entrance, indented in the material rather than written, is a single word. A reminder of home, and of defiance. A reminder to all matar who look upon it. "Tronhadar"

Within, the air is cool and dry, and the lighting is dim. Enough to distinguish the features of the few others in the room. Almost every single inch of floor, wall and ceiling is covered in soft, geometrically cut materials, fitted together to isolated without becoming cluttered. A few traditional, warm pelts are strewn into recesses in the walls, for use by the weary.

There are many small nooks and crannies, arrangements of furniture more than actual alcoves, for those that wish privacy. A great many books, pridefully focused on Krusual achievements as ground fighters, intelligence operatives and scientists, are organised to lie beneath each table. The atmosphere is quiet, though a low din of horn, flute and string music masks the conversation of those who wish to keep their words private.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 16 Aug 2015, 11:49 »

I approve of both. I'll keep them in this thread for a few days more, then if there are no proposed changes or complaints, I'll add them to the primary post with acknowledgments for the contribution.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5