Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Come join us in FFXIV  (Read 4501 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Come join us in FFXIV
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2015, 14:39 »

Alright, no matter what, I think I decided to make the leap and am going to try it and see where it goes.. I feel alone by doing so, but i'll try to add people if I manage to..

Nissui

« Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2015, 22:26 »

Well, lemme know what World yer on, if you want. Happy to go through beginner steps with ye.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2015, 02:23 »

I will try to get into Balmung where everything seems to be, but I'm not holding my breath... I don't feel like starting anything elsewhere since it's doomed to just be... me.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #18 on: 13 Oct 2015, 06:19 »

No matter where you get in, you're likely to meet people. FFXIV has many flaws, but at least when I played it the community was fantastic and welcoming for newbies. Finding yourself a Free Company should be fairly easy and the game is very well constructed around promoting group play and having fun with people.

And honestly, instancing/dungeoning/whatever you call it is fun in FFXIV, especially with the level sync mechanic being what it is. The dungeon finder tends to try and group experienced people with newbies so there'll always be someone to teach you what to do and the community being what it is (was? I haven't played in a while) that tends to be enjoyable.

For all my gripes with the game (too much tone change between srsfaes end of the world stuff and retardedly silly/goofy stuff, endless grinds at level cap etc etc) I have to admit that as far as themepark MMOs go, FFXIV is possibly the most enjoyable one out there for the first month or two, before you hit the content cap.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2015, 07:00 »

Yeah well i'm not really concerned that much for the first levels and weeks, it's more after that if I want to do it in a RP/immersive environment, it's Balmung.

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2015, 07:05 »

I have embraced my inner weeaboo.

(It's immensely amusing to me that some FFXIV players seem to be using "weeb" as a derogatory term.)
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Nissui

« Reply #21 on: 22 Oct 2015, 08:57 »

You made a miqo'te, didn't you?  ;)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:02 »

I swear I was the only female Roegadyn I ever saw in that entire damn game, except for NPCs.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:05 »

What's the issue with Miqo'te? They are the khaajit version of the game, albeit less cheesy I find (not fond of the anthropomorphized animals of the Elder Scrolls, they feel just awkward). They fit perfectly well in the fairytale tone that the FF license has often had...

I saw quite a bit of diversity in the game actually. Lots of miqo'te yeah, but equally if not more lalafells. Au'ras are starting to get more and more spread also, even with them being a 3.0 race... Rogaedyn, true, are a bit lacking but I saw several males (they are so nice when tanks play them, easy to spot and select...). I saw a female one yersterday.

Honestly, I would tend to say that the only race that is a bit lacking in numbers on that server is Rogaedyn... Especially females, but I have seen some. For the other races I have seen more or less equally both genders. I'm pleasantly surprised, I was expecting a huge lack of balance..
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2015, 10:07 by Lyn Farel »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:23 »

Catgirls and lolis do tend to be the most popular, yeah.

Nissui

« Reply #25 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:47 »

I was just teasing Jev about the weeb comment, catgirls being the trope and such. There's definitely diversity, but my impression is that there is a heavy slant toward female Miqo'te and Au Ra right now.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 22 Oct 2015, 11:37 »

And those... err... I forgot their names. Not charms. Mystics. Transformations. Glories? GLAMOURS! That was it! That took me five minutes, I swear. Anyway, the amount of epic heroes wearing underwear to battle? Especially if they're catgirls? A tad too many. No sweetie, a metal bikini does not count as armor.

Granted, I suppose that's a problem in almost any MMO, but still. I'll grant you going helmet-less for the rule of cool, but it's combat, not beach volleyball ladies.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #27 on: 22 Oct 2015, 13:00 »

Ahh, maybe it varies heavily between servers too, I wouldn't know...

I have seen very few of those on Hyperion for now. Once or twice an underwear guy (not even girl) riding in the wilderness, not much more...

EDIT: Oh also, I don't know if again it's a server specific thing or not, but people have been extremely helpful so far. First MMO I find where people are being so nice, maybe along TSW. 2 people in two days spontaneously asking me if I need help or have questions, and the second one offered me a full set of stuff he crafted for me as well as half of another one for upper levels...
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2015, 13:19 by Lyn Farel »
Pages: 1 [2]