Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Author Topic: [LFC] Newbie looking for friendly corp  (Read 2745 times)

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
[LFC] Newbie looking for friendly corp
« on: 03 Aug 2018, 12:36 »

Hi again. :) I'm hoping to find a fun and friendly corp where I can RP while learning the game.

I'm a new player, only been on EVE for a week or so,  but I'm a fast learner and can get by on Google and YouTube tutorials. US Central TZ, usually on around 1600-2400 EVE time. I work from home most of the time, but when I don’t work from home I work a 16-hour day, so I’m hoping for a bit of flexibility.

My character is a Minmatar capsuleer, and I'm hoping to really dig into that lore with her, but I don't really want just a Minmatar corp.

The thing I’ve enjoyed most in EVE so far is exploration, but I’d also like to try out basically everything else, so a corp with a wide range of interests would be great. I’m not against doing anything. WH, nullsec, ratting, whatever–if you give me the space to learn how to do the thing, I will do the thing.

If I sound like a great fit for your corps, please drop me a reply here. Ads are fine. Discord is great.

Thanks and see you around!
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2018, 14:57 by Renelle Ronuken »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: [LFC] Newbie looking for friendly corp
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2018, 13:53 »

With all those variables in mind, I would recommend the Electus Matari alliance. Check their public channel "Public - EM" in-game or their forum which you can find here.

As a short description, they are Republic Loyalists with a wide spread of activities including industry, pvp and more. I'm sure they've got explorers too. Since they only occasionally dip into the whole Faction Warfare thing, you will -mostly- be safe from enemies barring wardecs too. It's one of the oldest and most respectable Minmatar roleplaying entities in Eve.

Check out their corporations and see which one suits your fancy and timezone.

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2018, 16:03 »

Thanks so much Mizhara! The lore around EM is really interesting and sounds like a great choice. The website is... jumpy? I wasn't allowed to read anything on the forums without registering, and even after registering it keeps logging me out. I'd love to learn more about the different corps. :)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2018, 17:48 »

For specific corporation info, I recommend just checking out the alliance in-game and looking at the memberlist. Their corporations will usually have contact information, their own public channels and so on listed along with descriptions of what they are, what they do and what they look for.

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2018, 09:16 »

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 08 Aug 2018, 14:44 »

Hey, Renelle!

While not a Minmatar RP group, Signal Cartel is sort of the place to be for a new explorer. They're very newbie-friendly, have a profoundly helpful and positive corp culture. Definitely take a look at them!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46 »

Hey, Renelle!

While not a Minmatar RP group, Signal Cartel is sort of the place to be for a new explorer. They're very newbie-friendly, have a profoundly helpful and positive corp culture. Definitely take a look at them!

Too late Makoto. She's joined Gradient.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2018, 14:28 »

Welp!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2018, 15:57 »

That was a remarkably sinister way of phrasing that Arnulf :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2018, 19:38 »

Right?!

Indeed, I've joined Gradient and I like it, but I do appreciate the response.  :)