Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Getting Back in the Game.  (Read 4445 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Getting Back in the Game.
« on: 17 Jun 2015, 00:05 »

Greetings and salutations all!

I've decided to buy three months of EVE and see if I want to get back into the game.

Issues:
1) I was never that good and I've forgotten a lot. I am almost sure I've never won a fight. I spent a lot of time running around in a cloaky ship, and much of my PvP was simply making it through bubbles/gate camps without anyone blowing me up.

2) I don't remember my PC that much. I've been doing a ton of RP in different places and I never wrote down any notes for Makkal. Also, she's married to someone but I don't remember who. Some type of mafia girl? Or did we split up?

By the end, she seemed to have carved out a spot for herself and other PCs had formed opinions of her, but I don't recall much other than 'Khanid now working for Caldari because [there was a reason, I'm not sure what.]'

Thinking of just rebooting the character, but I expect characters would call me on it right and left. "Yes, I've always been a tattooed, drug-dealing pirate bitch! Any memory, v-logs, or IGS posts to the contrary are obvious forgeries." That might be fun for a bit, bit it's EVE, so I expect that five years from now, characters would be reminding me of when I was Makkal 1.0 and how I changed.

3) Makkal was getting a bit expensive near the end. Her skills were all over the place. As my first/only character, I just stuck skills wherever I desired at the moment. I expect I'll be getting podded often as I relearn the game and return to the summit of meritocracy I previously occupied.

4) I'm not sure what to do. Do I want to pewpewpew? Do I want to play minigames? Do I want to mine? To take public deliveries to what's obviously a trap? Who knows. I've never been one to think too much before acting, so I expect I'll just jump in and flail around until something fits me.

I could roll a new character. Being a human being, I hate the idea of trading in my skill-heavy character for a new one and having to relearn everything. Though if I'm relearning the game, it might be beneficial to start from the ground up.

« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2015, 00:07 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Getting Back in the Game.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2015, 00:15 »

Whatever you decide to do, it'll be good to see you back in game. You always brought some class and intelligence to discussions in The Summit.

(Join PYRE)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:08 »

1) You can always learn. Plenty of folks about that will help you with that, including us (though we're pretty heavily invested into the AT at the moment, so most of our PVP activity is centered around that - still opportunities to learn).

2) I pretty strongly recall the marriage having been annulled but could be wrong. Don't remember who it was. It was another player who I think quit the game? I'd avoid rebooting, frankly. You've got enough history it'd probably not be worth it (plus there are places you could go, without needing to do so, if you felt you needed to move her elsewhere), and I would be surprised if most of it didn't come back to you.

3) There are no clone grades anymore. Just fees for moving your medical clone location or installing jump clones - if you get podded, you lose your implants, and that's it. Don't have to update the clone ever again. The only SP loss is from losing a T3 cruiser.

4) That's up to you. But there are plenty of options, and you've got all the time you want to do so.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:52 »

You can still use the usual convenient excuse of faulty clone, revert back to a previous state, implant malfunction that cause memory deficiencies, or whatever, to explain your OOC loss of memory...

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:58 »

ad 1: Everybody's gotta learn sometime. No better place than here, no better time than now.

ad 2: I'm.. relatively sure that marriage was annulled and you parted ways more or less amicably. I'd just straight-up own the fact that you've been away for a while and don't remember everything perfectly, really. E.g.
"I'm sorry, I don't remember the details. Capsuleer bullshit tired me out, so I've been away for a while, enjoying my fabulous wealth."
"WE WERE MARRIED FOR THREE YEARS!"
"There were a lot of strawberry Daiquiris involved."

ad 3: This is the situation pretty much everyone's mains are in. Don't worry, you're not penalized for skillpoints you're not using at the moment.

ad 4: Unfortunately I can't tell you what to want. Jumping in and flailing about until you find something you like sounds like a solid plan of action, though.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2015, 03:02 »

Leaving aside the fact that other people remember Makkal's marriage better than I do...

I get Morwen knowing this. Who are you Jev, and how do you know?

Current Events

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2015, 03:19 »

I'm cursed with good memory of absolutely irrelevant facts. Unless your character was married twice, I dimly recall you asking for help on this very situation, on this very board, not that long ago.

(Edit: yeah, there we go. Relevant links:
http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3449.0
http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3518.0 (up top.))
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2015, 03:24 by Jev North »
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2015, 03:32 »

I ought to thank past-me for handling that before I forgot it.

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2015, 15:28 »

Don't re-roll, re-invent!

Capsuleers are fickle and they change outlooks and personalities like baseliners change hairstyles; do what you want, but acknowledge the past when needed  :)

How many stupid earth modern celebrities have a thing, then no one hears about them for years, then they are a completely new thing and no one even remembers the old version?

Makkal could have been locked up in some Khanid or Caldari prison or out on a vacation for a few years, that'll change a person.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2015, 15:33 »

If you join [SFRIM], I'm sure we can help you find out who you want to be. ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2015, 20:19 »

Words go here.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2015, 22:41 »

Nuuuu don't leave pls. </3

But realsauce, if you decide to leave RDC that is totally okay. You will always have friends in I-RED. :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2015, 23:39 »

Indeed.

While I appreciate the offers to take in Makkal, I do enjoy being in I-RED.

Current Events

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2015, 01:50 »

I am wondering though, why does Luna Hanaya took your IC last name ? Is there is a relation ICly or just pure coincidence ?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jun 2015, 02:07 »

I am wondering though, why does Luna Hanaya took your IC last name ? Is there is a relation ICly or just pure coincidence ?

Hanaya is a default randomized surname for Khanid characters.
Pages: [1] 2