General Discussion > Web Development and Site Suggestions

IC Forums.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ché Biko:

--- Quote from: scagga on 16 Jun 2015, 13:37 ---- I think that knowing who is moderating you is good when you have a small community, because it ties personal reputation with the quality of the moderation
--- End quote ---
I don't agree. Anonimity should at least be an option.

Lyn Farel:
I actually agree with Scagga on that... I just felt for a moment that it could cause drama... But who am I to talk about that anyway...

scagga:

--- Quote from: Ché Biko on 17 Jun 2015, 16:47 ---
--- Quote from: scagga on 16 Jun 2015, 13:37 ---- I think that knowing who is moderating you is good when you have a small community, because it ties personal reputation with the quality of the moderation
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Why do you think anonymity on an internet forum improves moderation? 

Lyn Farel:
On one hand it protects mods from accusations of everything...

On the other, it removes most of their accountability.

Ché Biko:

--- Quote from: scagga on 18 Jun 2015, 02:25 ---
--- Quote from: Ché Biko on 17 Jun 2015, 16:47 ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Why do you think anonymity on an internet forum improves moderation?

--- End quote ---
Because concerns about OOC/IC consequences for taking or not taking a mod action are less likely.
Also, I don't really know most of you people, and exchanging one pseudonym (char name) for another (mod name) hardly matters in my opinion.
And, I would prefer to prevent situations where an inferiour argument/action/whatever from a popular char would "win" against a better argument from an unpopular one. Anonimity helps seperate the message from the messenger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version